Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 09:20 AM

23,851 posts, read 12,682,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Trump didn’t pack anything, nor did he know what was in those boxes.

The same can be said about Biden’s boxes.

As a guy who has spent 3+ decades in the military dealing with classified on a daily basis, senior leadership doesn’t really handle classified, it is taken care of them by the staff.

When a General, or any other senior leader attends a meeting, the hard copy classified is laid out for them to review, and then after they are done reading it, they leave it for the staff to properly take care of.

Electronic classified is a different story, and other than Hillary, you shouldn’t be having your staff transfer files onto a private server. Hillary got a pass from Comey on that, but everyone else would’ve likely been removed from their position and prosecuted.

So in my opinion, whoever handled the classified and packed it into boxes knowing that these boxes would not be stored in a SCIF, that person is the one who should be prosecuted, not Trump or Biden.
As Senator, Biden* should not have had any classified documents laying around in his office to be mistakenly packed up by others. Senators cannot take classified docs out of the SCIF and no one is allowed to take anything into the SCIF to be able to copy classified docs, but somehow Biden* had managed to do those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 10:37 AM

27,190 posts, read 15,371,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A judge unsealed testimony that Jack Smith sought to keep sealed.

An FBI agent testified that Biden's GSA had possession of Trump's boxes in Virginia with classified documents and told Trump's team that he had to come and get them.

These boxes were then brought to Mar A Lago and justified to launch the FBI raid and bring charges.

Trump claimed the GSA packed the boxes not his team, Biden's administration denied this and now this FBI agent's testimony backs this up.

Why did the prosecutor want to keep this hidden if our court is fair?

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/20...-saga-n4928572
If so that is corruption to the nth degree.

Old 04-29-2024, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
If so that is corruption to the nth degree.
It's there in black and white, in their own emails.

just sayin.

Old 04-29-2024, 10:41 AM

9,543 posts, read 4,370,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
I mean I'm a trump voter but even i think this was just pure arrogance by the part of trump

all he had to do was return the docs and he would have never been charged.

he knew biden's doj was just itching for a fight and he screwed himself over.

I'm also a Trump voter and agree with you.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:35 PM

I wonder why many on the left/tds'ers are avoiding this thread?

Old 04-29-2024, 01:45 PM

20,184 posts, read 9,083,605 times
the law already hasn't been followed in this debacle. The documents were mishandled by both men. They should both be punished or neither. This case is going no where.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:47 PM

19,277 posts, read 17,151,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Trump didn’t pack anything, nor did he know what was in those boxes.

The same can be said about Biden’s boxes.

As a guy who has spent 3+ decades in the military dealing with classified on a daily basis, senior leadership doesn’t really handle classified, it is taken care of them by the staff.

When a General, or any other senior leader attends a meeting, the hard copy classified is laid out for them to review, and then after they are done reading it, they leave it for the staff to properly take care of.

Electronic classified is a different story, and other than Hillary, you shouldn’t be having your staff transfer files onto a private server. Hillary got a pass from Comey on that, but everyone else would’ve likely been removed from their position and prosecuted.

So in my opinion, whoever handled the classified and packed it into boxes knowing that these boxes would not be stored in a SCIF, that person is the one who should be prosecuted, not Trump or Biden.
But even if the materials were held onto by mistake, Trump's decision to ignore all the requests to return them and the subpoenas to return them places the blame squarely on his shoulders.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:49 PM

13,061 posts, read 9,585,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
I mean I'm a trump voter but even i think this was just pure arrogance by the part of trump

all he had to do was return the docs and he would have never been charged.

he knew biden's doj was just itching for a fight and he screwed himself over.
Yes, I pretty much agree. If you read the Biden-Hur transcripts, Biden might have been even worse. He wasn't even familiar with the classified categories and apparently handled such documents in a very cavalier manner. At least Trump knew he had some highly classified material in his possession.

Presidents, and several other high government officials, don't have background security checks. They're just given the clearance to everything. Maybe they should have such vetting even to qualify to run or being appointed.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
But even if the materials were held onto by mistake, Trump's decision to ignore all the requests to return them and the subpoenas to return them places the blame squarely on his shoulders.
You didn't read either the documents or the links provided, did you? They show that Trump had actually been in contact with and complying with NARA and he had been following the law.

Old 04-29-2024, 02:06 PM

13,499 posts, read 9,998,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It's there in black and white, in their own emails.

just sayin.
Can you point me to the documents please? I followed the link in the OP to Kelly’s Twitter account but she doesn’t show where the FBI agent’s testimony says what’s in the boxes, as far as I can see.

Thank you. I’m working and am not watching videos or listening to commentary. If you can link the relevant docs I’d appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies