Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 01:05 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Right... After I got divorced, I had to learn to cut back in many areas, to the point that for a year, I even ditched owning a car. I moved closer to downtown, and commuted by bus and train. Lived in a modest apartment. Used the office complex gym for workouts. Cooked EVERYTHING at home. Bought Bacardi Rum instead of Johnnie Walker Double Black (which is still a luxury expense as alcohol is not a necessity.)

Amazing how much money I suddenly had when I scaled back on what many might consider essentials.

Why does this girl have car payments, let alone $600.month? Oh, wait, a $2,000 used Civic doesn't look flashy enough. The bus is for the poor and the homeless. Yeah, all of that stuff.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 01:07 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Just read somewhere most housing has increased 41%. Tell me the greed ain’t real. These corporations want us to be a third world country. Just went for a round of quotes on car ins. I have a 2015. Was paying $190 now $300 a mo. No tickets or accidents in 50 yrs driving. Don’t always blame the people.
One of the reasons.....Florida is a 'no-fault' state re vehicle insurance.

If you moved to a 'non no-fault' state, you'd probably pay less (with other factors being similar).

Old 04-19-2024, 01:14 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

If you moved to a 'non no-fault' state, you'd probably pay less (with other factors being similar).
She can do that, she’s young, but we don’t know her circumstances. Maybe has a mom to help who knows

Old 04-19-2024, 01:22 PM

17,202 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

She can do what many others and just use the damn bus. It might suck at first, but you get used to it, and quickly realize how convenient it is for a mere $2/ride.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:27 PM

7,341 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Right... After I got divorced, I had to learn to cut back in many areas, to the point that for a year, I even ditched owning a car. I moved closer to downtown, and commuted by bus and train. Lived in a modest apartment. Used the office complex gym for workouts. Cooked EVERYTHING at home. Bought Bacardi Rum instead of Johnnie Walker Double Black (which is still a luxury expense as alcohol is not a necessity.)

Amazing how much money I suddenly had when I scaled back on what many might consider essentials.

Why does this girl have car payments, let alone $600.month? Oh, wait, a $2,000 used Civic doesn't look flashy enough. The bus is for the poor and the homeless. Yeah, all of that stuff.
This post reinforces my belief that Johnnie Walker Red is so bad, Johnnie Walker Black drinkers would rather switch to mainstream rum than drink it.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
She can do that, she’s young, but we don’t know her circumstances. Maybe has a mom to help who knows
You could do that too, if you wanted to (if your car insurance bill upset you enough). You're retired.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:35 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Some of the poorest people get by and wish they owned a car.

One wonders if she is a smoker, boozer, drug user, gambler, as those people always seem to have enough money to support their vices.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:37 PM

Quote:
She can do what many others and just use the damn bus. It might suck at first, but you get used to it, and quickly realize how convenient it is for a mere $2/ride.
I don't know if the law is still the same re certain types motorized scooters/bicycles/mopeds, but a little over 10 years ago I thought about moving to Dunedin and having one of those and a car and using the former re going to a barrier island beach (Clearwater, Pass-a-Grille/St. Pete Beach, etc.) during high traffic and not having to sit in traffic with cars.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:37 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Is TikTok their hang out?
generally...

Half the content creators in the red pill milieu would have zero content if it weren't for whiny girls on TikTok. They'd literally have nothing to respond to.

Instagram has some of that same silliness, but TikTok is the worst. IG complaining only gets you so far with followers, and you have to be positive now and again. On TikTok, negativity seems to rule the roost.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:39 PM

17,202 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
This post reinforces my belief that Johnnie Walker Red is so bad, Johnnie Walker Black drinkers would rather switch to mainstream rum than drink it.
Haha!!! Yes, it is that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies