Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 07:39 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Another individual jumping on the "I can't survive on this salary" bandwagon on social media.

She has to starve herself just to survive, but has a $600/month car payment. Who knows what else she spends her money on. Poor life choices isn't a valid reason for 'starving' or struggling in America.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...134100550.html

Quote:
The Tampa server says that she made $65,000 this year. But after her employer taking taxes off her paycheck and the $3,000 extra she owes to the IRS, she believes she only saw $55,000 of her money.

After her $18,000 a year toward rent ($1,500 per month) and around $7,000 for her car payments ($600 a month), she only has $30,000 left over per year (or $2,500 per month) to pay for food, insurance and everything else.

“I have never thought about death, but how do you f—— survive here?” Sammy says in her video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2024, 07:43 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Wonder who she voted for? I could afford everything with no problem prior to January 2021. Now, staying on a food budget is next to impossible.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:45 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Wonder who she voted for? I could afford everything with no problem prior to January 2021. Now, staying on a food budget is next to impossible.
No doubt she voted for Bidenflation. And she's probably not smart enough to realize her predicament is entirely self-inflicted.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:46 AM

8,235 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another individual jumping on the "I can't survive on this salary" bandwagon on social media.

She has to starve herself just to survive, but has a $600/month car payment. Who knows what else she spends her money on. Poor life choices isn't a valid reason for 'starving' or struggling in America.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...134100550.html
Well, if she had the car payment when the prices started rising then she might have been doing okay when she got the loan. She is trying to make the payments that she agreed to.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:49 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
This reminds me of a meme I recently saw on social media. It had 3 young women and read, Taylor Swift concert tickets $500, dressing like Taylor $400, carrying the latest Iphone $1500 but they can't pay their student loans...

It's all about priorities.

Times are tough for many under Bidenomics and we all have to make decisions on what is important in our lives and cut out the rest.

What really should be shocking us all is that the Illegal Aliens are getting everything they want for FREE, at least in my state they do. On the radio this morning they were going on about the local school system having to charge families a direct fee if their kids ride the bus to school, our taxes already cover this but they want more. Guess who gets a free taxi service to school, Illegals.

Oh well, this is what my fellows have voted for.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:51 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Get roomates, don't eat out or blow tons of money on drinks at a club, shop at an Aldi's instead of Whole Foods etc.

There you go miss, problem solved.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:54 AM

11,481 posts, read 6,002,443 times
It is always been hard for young people to start out on their own. It is harder today after a massive bout of inflation. Things were already expensive 5 years ago and it is much worse today.

The young also make a lot of mistakes they learn from and overcome as they age. It is all part of gaining wisdom. Life usually gets easier as you age. You should learn to make less mistakes, to manage your time and money better, to make fewer foolish choices, to climb the ladder of success and annual pay.

I feel sorry for her and most of the young starting out on their own. I remember what it was like to put $2 in the gas tank because if I put the entire $3 I had in my wallet, I would not even have $1 for emergencies. I remember roomates, beater cars, no car and having to ride my bike to and from work even in the rain, not being able to afford beer, having to skip the occasional meal and eat whatever was cheap and not necessarily what I wanted.

It is tough starting out but you get over it. It can also be some of the funnest times of your life, before you get older and jaded and lose your zest and ambition.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:56 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
It's been probably said at least ten million times before: Stupid people make stupid choices.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:57 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Late 90s to early 2000 I cut my spending to avoid having to reduce my child support payments. My mom come had dropped enough that I could have petitioned the court to reduce my payments by nearly half. Instead I suffered. I was in an efficiency apartment with no stove. I was driving a 94 Cavalier I had paid off. Had no pay TV service nor internet. No cell phone,…just a basic service landline telephone. For internet, books, and movies I went to the local library. Used a calculator when shopping for groceries to see if a volume size was cheaper per size than the normal volume package. Also used calculator to estimate total before getting to register to avoid not having enough money. Eating out at even fast food was a luxury purchase. Coffee was home brew only. If I bought colas it was always generic store brand.

Some “poor” people today have warped priorities. They spend large sums in n fashion (hair, makeup, nails, shoes, etc), electronic (smart phones, smart watches, tablets, computers, & gaming systems), drive thru coffee drinks, energy drinks, name brand products only, alcohol, cigarettes, weed, drugs, and other items then complain they don’t have enough money for food or rent.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:57 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Just took a quick look at her tik tok ... I spy a Louis Vuitton bag and a couple of vacations in the last year to Colorado and Puerto Rico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies