Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 10:33 AM

8,235 posts, read 3,492,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Apparently, I'm missing something. After her rent and car payment, she has $2,500 per month left over. I've spend the majority of my life surviving on less than that.
Yeah, I don't know what the problem is. Lots of people would love to have that kind of money left over after paying the most expensive basics. She has not been low income before possibly and is used to having more. She isn't low income now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2024, 10:40 AM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
If I lived in New England / Greater Boston, it would be in No Tax New Hampshire just off the 93 freeway, commuting distance to the city (if people still commute to all those empty boxes in the Financial District these days?) Probably along 128 corridor - which would be a manageable commute from NH.
Even the commute from the NH border towns to the 128 corridor is very rough these days and has been rough for at least a decade. FYI if a NH resident works in MA, they have to pay MA income tax. NH is really worth it when one works within the state or is a remote worker.

Old 04-18-2024, 02:41 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times
The TikTok is pretty hilarious. I had to pay $3,000 taxes. I barely made 65,000. And that's with taxes. Without taxes I probably made $55,000. That's some impressive mathematical skills. Depending on location, yeah, 65k is not much money. I could do it here in the Bay Area on 65k but it would be pretty bare bones. Cars is also where I spend money I don't need to. It's one of those niceties of having some extra money that while I can afford it is definitely not necessary. If I made 65k I couldn't afford and it so I wouldn't. Would my life be terrible and bad if I had to drive an old Civic or Corolla? Nope. I kept the Prius for probably five years after I could have afforded something nicer and life was fine.

Old 04-18-2024, 02:46 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Well, if she had the car payment when the prices started rising then she might have been doing okay when she got the loan. She is trying to make the payments that she agreed to.
Why would someone, especially a renter buy a $600 , probably closer to $750, with insurance, vehicle while only making $65k a year ?

Old 04-18-2024, 02:49 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Starve probably means she cant eat out or get takeout every day. She has to eat store brand soup and sandwiches at home.
Someone buy her some Lunchables.

Old 04-18-2024, 02:50 PM

7,341 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'm not outraged.

I just think she's stupid.
Stupid and big boobs gets a lot of clicks.

Old 04-18-2024, 02:54 PM

7,341 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Someone buy her some Lunchables.
Ha ha ha She's too poor for that. Better off with fried Oscar Mayer Bologna.

Anyway, her tiktok doesn't really support her position. If anything, she could drop a few pounds.

Old 04-18-2024, 03:43 PM

8,067 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Being a waitress she may not have employer provided health insurance and it can be expensive. I pay over 900 a month for my policy but I am an old guy so hers is probably less.

Old 04-18-2024, 04:00 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
And there you go.....

She appears to be from a less expensive area from Minnesota also, but chose to take her "dead end" job in an expensive city like Tampa.

Get a roommate or two.
Most of the jobs in Tampa are dead end or low pay. I follow healthcare professional pay and we are always low compared to the national average for decades and now cost of living has risen so fast that even our well paid nurses and physicians are complaining.

I don't know how the hell someone making what most jobs pay here actually gets by. Well considering all the diabetes, hypertension, and other issues I see due to crap diets from eating low cost junk, I guess I do know how.

Perhaps I am biased since I see the effects of these cheap diets but cost of groceries and living are worse ing health outcomes so expect to see your health insurance continue to rise as the health effects of high carb diets that are cheap to live off of cause more and more negative health effects.

I'm not even factoring in all the additional stress and it's negative health outcomes. I expect life expectancy rate to continue sliding given the fact that we are giving tons of people a diabetes starter kit with the cost of healthy groceries and high stress levels

Old 04-18-2024, 06:17 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
If you thing living on $2500 a month-as a single person, AFTER paying for your car and rent is hard...get a flippin' life. I'm not really sure how a single person could reasonably spend that much. Lets say $300 for groceries, $200 for insurance, you still have $2k for "mad money".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies