Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,453 times

Advertisements

Are there many Californians moving to OK? What do you all think of them?

Old 10-02-2008, 03:24 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
What do we think of Californians? Or what do Californians think of us? Anyway, Californians are fine as long as they leave California behind when they move here. It didn't work for them there, and it won't work for them here.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:34 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Don't listen to any Texans when it comes to Oklahoma. They are jealous, because Oklahoma lives up more to the Texas image than does Texas. I grew up in Plano, Texas and now live in NW Arkansas. Ask a Colorodan why they hate Texans so much. I'm proud to be from Texas, but we can be arrogant. Oklahoma & Arkansas have two of the fastest growing economies in the US. Oklahoma CIty is a different city today than it was 10 years ago. Oklahoma is great!!!
Why do Coloradons hate Texas then...just curious. I think Texas people are just proud of their state because it's so big or something. My son lives there because his wife is from there, but she didn't know anything really about Oklahoma

Old 10-02-2008, 05:16 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Texas is a fine state; I've lived here for almost 20 years. Fort Worth and most of the surrounding suburbs are exceptionally clean and nice. There are loads of amenities here as well. However, Oklahoma is and always will be my home, and I am a country boy deep down. This city is too darn big for me! The traffic is horrendous but I must say that Texans are some really decent people.

But, nothing compares to rural Oklahoma for me.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:30 PM

That's common complaint. Most of the people leaving California are from Los Angeles or the big cities. They can give Californians a bad name. Most of CA hasn't nothing in common with L.A. The city of Bakersfield, CA was populated by the state of Oklahoma. We have more in common than some might think.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:03 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
Quote:
That's common complaint. Most of the people leaving California are from Los Angeles or the big cities. They can give Californians a bad name. Most of CA hasn't nothing in common with L.A. The city of Bakersfield, CA was populated by the state of Oklahoma. We have more in common than some might think.
Not only we have people from Oklahoma, but the majority of them seem to be coming from Texas due to the oil industry. Our hotel provide lodging to several corporations that have office location in Oklahoma and Texas and they send their employees to Bakersfield. Some have actually relocated permanently to this city. Companies such as Chevron, Helmerich & Payne, Musket Corporation's Love Country, and La Quinta, LLC (we have a franchise relationship with them) are some of the few off the top of my head. Amazingly, there are still room for growth in Central Valley California.

But even Bakersfield is bad mouthed by other city residents in California. Go figure.

Tim C.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I've been involved in message board/forums since the 80's and local bbs's and the modern version could benefit from one of the old rules. Since scarism is often easy to tell, you'd say (sarcasm mode on) comment (scarcasm mode off)

No misunderstandings that way for new people who don't know you and none of the ongoing arguments that follow them.

As for the state, I have been here a month, haven't even changed the prefix on the cell, but absolutely love it. I have met more of my neighbors in a few weeks than I did in socal in years. And everyone has been great people.

And as someone else said, I moved here because of what I saw on my visit and am very happy about that.

I know that doesn't make me an expert about this state but I already feel like its home.
Well, we are practically neighbors. In fact, I came right by Cushing twice today to and from OKC.

I moved here 4 years ago and it feels like home to me as well.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn Chesnut View Post

....... you will come home and be proud of USA no matter what town or state that you are in!
I wouldn't go that far because I am disliking this country more and more as time goes by. But living in Oklahoma sure makes up for it.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I think of the current influx of Californians as the reversed dust bowl era. Many of them are from OK parents.

As Colleen said, as long as they leave their CA attitudes behind and ADEPT to OK living, and not try to CHANGE our way of life, they are very welcome.

I just have one request .... PLEASE do your homework before buying real estate. Heck .... contact me and I'll give you an analysis for free. Some people pay outrageous prices for POS's and really do wacky things to the market.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
I just have one request .... PLEASE do your homework before buying real estate. Heck .... contact me and I'll give you an analysis for free. Some people pay outrageous prices for POS's and really do wacky things to the market.
That's generous of you. I'll remember that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma