Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:09 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,352,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Dallas is a very liberal city in which the majority voted for Obama in the last election. Their city council is liberal as well. I am not singing the praises of Dallas being liberal, because I'm not a liberal myself, but facts are facts.

As for Phoenix being more liberal than Dallas, it isn't by a long stretch. Phoenix is far more conservative than Dallas, which isn't a bad thing IMO.
Uhhh... Arizona voted for a Democrat (Clinton) in 1996 whereas Texas and Dallas voted for Dole. John McCain is from Phoenix, did you really expect Obama to lead there? Is that your rationale for stating that Dallas is more liberal than Phoenix? Do you really think Phoenix wouldn't have voted for Obama had anyone but McCain ran against Obama especially considering McCain only had a 4% lead two weeks in Maricopa before the general election and ended up winning by 8% in his home town. Dallas voted for Bush in the 2004 and 2000 elections. In addition, the surrounding counties of Denton, Tarrant and Collin was overwhelmingly for McCain and that is significant because those counties contain cities that make up the Dallas Ft. worth area. If Dallas, Denton, Tarrant and Collin merged into one large county the way Maricopa encompasses Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale, Scottsdale etc., the results would have favored McCain.

You didn't give this much thought or really look at this logically. For one thing, Phoenix is near the West Coast whereas Dallas is located in the south so it is going to be more liberal. We have a huge California population while Dallas has a large native population from Texas. Furthermore, Phoenix voted against Prop 107 in 2006 which was a gay marriage ban; do you think that would ever be rejected in Dallas? In addition, the religious majority in Dallas is overwhelmingly Southern Baptist which is a conservative evangelical group. I could provide more evidence but I've already made my point. Dallas is far more conservative than Phoenix to say the least.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 02-13-2009 at 10:54 PM..

Old 02-14-2009, 01:31 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,997,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Uhhh... Arizona voted for a Democrat (Clinton) in 1996 whereas Texas and Dallas voted for Dole. John McCain is from Phoenix, did you really expect Obama to lead there? Is that your rationale for stating that Dallas is more liberal than Phoenix? Do you really think Phoenix wouldn't have voted for Obama had anyone but McCain ran against Obama especially considering McCain only had a 4% lead two weeks in Maricopa before the general election and ended up winning by 8% in his home town. Dallas voted for Bush in the 2004 and 2000 elections. In addition, the surrounding counties of Denton, Tarrant and Collin was overwhelmingly for McCain and that is significant because those counties contain cities that make up the Dallas Ft. worth area. If Dallas, Denton, Tarrant and Collin merged into one large county the way Maricopa encompasses Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale, Scottsdale etc., the results would have favored McCain.

You didn't give this much thought or really look at this logically. For one thing, Phoenix is near the West Coast whereas Dallas is located in the south so it is going to be more liberal. We have a huge California population while Dallas has a large native population from Texas. Furthermore, Phoenix voted against Prop 107 in 2006 which was a gay marriage ban; do you think that would ever be rejected in Dallas? In addition, the religious majority in Dallas is overwhelmingly Southern Baptist which is a conservative evangelical group. I could provide more evidence but I've already made my point. Dallas is far more conservative than Phoenix to say the least.
I go by statistics and not excuses because someone is "from there." So all of those liberal Phoenix residents just tossed Obama aside because "Well, McCain is from here so I guess I'll vote for him." Right.

BTW, you seem to have an odd fascination with Oklahoma. You camp out on these threads and do nothing but rail on and on with your opinions and against facts.

Who gives a darn that Phoenix is more conservative than Dallas? I could care less but I am stating facts while you talk about cultural aspects and so on.

Your ignorance about all of these topics that you attempt to sound knowledgeable of is really shining through with each and every post.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:56 AM

5,549 posts, read 9,543,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

Well, if you're wanting the title of being a more liberal city, it's all yours: liberal =
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma