Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,696,113 times

Advertisements

I doubt that most other people in this forum know when you're being true or merely sarcastic. AM I RIGHT FOLKS? There is so much bs on the Internet, you never know, anyway.

Anyway, it's my guess you wern't born in Oklahoma.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Very unfriendly, nasty place. We're all looking to get out.
So maybe you wern't born in Oklahoma, either. Anyway, if Oklahoma loses yet another congressman after the 2010 census is taken, we Okies had best be worried about what's behind what you said about it, or else chance running more people off.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,009,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
Hi I've never really been there but in California I knew a guy from there he said most people want to get out ASAP. Coming to TX I have only heard negative things about Oklahoma, people say it's very intolerant to gays and backwards and there's nothing to do for culture/dining/entertainment. Does anyone like living there? What does it have going for it, say, over other midwestern states like Kansas or Missouri?
I have nothing to say..........so I said it.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
AM I RIGHT FOLKS?
Nope
Quote:
I was.............

Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Nope

I was.............
Join the crowd. I think most of us don't want to leave Oklahoma.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,838,248 times
Quote:
Coming to TX I have only heard negative things about Oklahoma, people say it's very intolerant to gays and backwards and there's nothing to do for culture/dining/entertainment.
1. You shouldn't believe everything you hear.
2. Your last post here was to ask about "Gay-Friendly" areas of Oklahoma...despite getting 30 responses you never returned so I will assume you really don't care.

Quote:
Does anyone like living there?
Yes. Wouldn't trade it for anywhere in the world.

Quote:
What does it have going for it, say, over other midwestern states like Kansas or Missouri?
I can't say that we have anything OVER Kansas or Missouri, both are nice places... but we CAN smell a troll a mile away.

Now why don't you entertain us and tell us something about Michigan.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:21 PM

I encourage all who don't like a place to leave.....life's too short to waste in a place you are miserable........

Old 09-30-2008, 08:27 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,337,696 times
Quote:
So maybe you wern't born in Oklahoma, either. Anyway, if Oklahoma loses yet another congressman after the 2010 census is taken, we Okies had best be worried about what's behind what you said about it, or else chance running more people off.
You don't recognize mild sarcasm when you see it? You might do yourself a favor and go look at some of the other posts by these people. Now, if you want to see some real hullabaloo, go to the Alaska forum and check out the thread on Alaska politics, state and federal - there were a lot of them, but one of the mods combined the whole mess into a single thread. Every media troll in the country has shown up there wanting to know 'the real dirt' on Palin. In fact, the thread was locked for awhile while it was reviewed and some posts were yanked. Or the one about the last frontier - some twit thinks he can walk up to the summit of Denali, and is completely disregarding anything anyone from there says, because HE says 'we don't know him.' Another contender for a Darwin Award. Totally clueless, and isn't interested in learning anything.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,838,248 times
Quote:
I doubt that most other people in this forum know when you're being true or merely sarcastic. AM I RIGHT FOLKS? There is so much bs on the Internet, you never know, anyway.

Nope... Most of us have read enough of his posts to know how he got here, why he came, and how much he loves it.

Speaking of bs on the internet the "dood" has posted here before and he has no interest in moving here...he just likes to trash talk other places. Read some of his other posts...

For the record you don't have to be BORN here to love this place heart and soul. I wasn't but I would stand proudly at my Dad's side, next to my Grandpa and Great-Grandpa's graves and fight to the death ANYone who would trash-talk my home or try to change it.

I may have been born and raised in California but Oklahoma is in my BLOOD and I feel it every day.

So...can we accept that we are all on the same side (except for the dood ) and be a little nicer?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 PM

Yes, but I hate sarcasm. I've hated it since I was a little kid.

Further, I just don't have time to closely observe and keep up with all the people, or in other words, the various charactiers, on the forum.

And people in this forum are perfectly welcomed to knock me to their heart's content, including calling me names, if it will work to make them feel better about themselves. After all, I am far, far from a prominent member of my community, or of the state of Oklahoma, so it's not really gonna matter what they think since I'm never running for election for anything.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 09-30-2008 at 09:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma