Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 AM

109 posts, read 350,933 times

Advertisements

I grew up in steubenville, I lived on pleasant heights for 5 years. That was years ago, and it was real bad up there. But for all of you *******s saying that the whole place is a **** hole need to go drown themselves. If you don't live here then shut up. The town is boring, but the people who grew up here have a lot of respect for it(at least I do) It has tons of italians, italian food, greek food, the best pizza, and good people. There is crime on the hilltops more than downtown, and so what who dosent have crime? So all of you snobby pricks need to stand down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 AM

6 posts, read 21,743 times
I grew up in Brilliant and spent a lot of time in Steubenville. (it was the closet town with a mall).
I remember PVC being pretty bad with crime and this was back in the late 80's early 90's.
That was mostly rug related. I spent some time up there as I had freinds there. But you knew who to stay away from. Downtown was pretty bad also, but again you knew who to watch your back around. I used to go to Nancy's Elbow Inn on 4th street I think it was (NO I WAS NOT A PROSTITUTE !!!) I had a friend that bartended there.
Labelle and PH were pretty bad too up near the hosp. But most of the crime then had to do with drugs and were not random. Hell most of it was family or domestic involving drugs and alcohol.
But like I said that was back in the late 80's and early 90's.

And although MF is a nice place to live that is not the only place around. There is soo much country out there that is close to the city. You have Brilliant, New Alex, (you could leave your door open all night in those little country towns, I never locked my door)Mingo Jct, (ghouls) and smithfield, Dillonvale, yorkville, rayland, Cadiz, Adena, Bloomingdale, richomond, springfield, toronto, wellsville, ect. There are soo many little country towns where the crime is sooo low.
Steubenville is not the only town along the Ohio river.
Now my parents and my brother live in Steub.
But they live off of Teresa Dr. and down in that area. The Shappa's were our neighbors.
But like any other big town you've got your good area's and your bad area's.

I live in a small country town in Ok now and the same thing happens with the largest town close to me. you got your good spots and your bad spots.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:17 PM

421 posts, read 1,566,056 times
What do you know about Dillonvale, ginzita? Never been in that town, thought I've spent some time in Martin's Ferry and Wellsville, and enjoy Martin's Ferry. I've been in Martin's Ferry in the wee hours of the morning for my job, and, honestly, I feel safer than I do in the little farm towns North of Youngstown/Warren that time of night.

I ask about Dillonvale, as I once read that the town was settled by folks of Czech/Bohemian ancestry, and that Dillonvale has some neat festivals with lots of eastern European food and good old-fashioned polka music.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:47 PM

4 posts, read 17,268 times
i'm from steubenville, born, raised, and stuck. if you have a profession, like your a doctor, lawyer, teacher, and don't care about your surroundings, move back. crime isn't as bad as these people think (the Wu-Tang Clan is a rap group, not a gang and they're from New York) but there are places you have to look over your shoulder. Not a terrible place, there are nice things, but sometimes the downs terribly outnumber them. Come visit for a week, you'll love it or probably hate it.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:48 PM

4 posts, read 17,268 times
but probably hate it

Old 02-23-2009, 05:43 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,661,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6623 View Post
I grew up in steubenville, I lived on pleasant heights for 5 years. That was years ago, and it was real bad up there. But for all of you *******s saying that the whole place is a **** hole need to go drown themselves. If you don't live here then shut up. The town is boring, but the people who grew up here have a lot of respect for it(at least I do) It has tons of italians, italian food, greek food, the best pizza, and good people. There is crime on the hilltops more than downtown, and so what who dosent have crime? So all of you snobby pricks need to stand down.

I grew up in Wintersville, and I agree with Mike here. Unless you were there, you dont know. I have the best memories of childhood that anyone could have. No crime. Staying out till the streetlights came on was my limit. Riding bikes all over. Walking. We were safe. Happy. It is a good place. It still is.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 PM

When I grew up, I married a JU boy, and moved to Steubenville, so don't pull nothing about me not knowing Steubenville too.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 PM

421 posts, read 1,566,056 times
Is crime still low these days up in WIntersville, MaryBeth? I've heard that, outside of Steubenville proper, crime is not an issue. I've been to the section of Steubenville where the Save-A-Lot was, and talked to some of the Save-A-Lot workers. That section looked pretty evil, and the Save-A-Lot folks said it definitely was. Once out of the city, though, and they said you are pretty much away from the crime.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
Is crime still low these days up in WIntersville, MaryBeth? I've heard that, outside of Steubenville proper, crime is not an issue. I've been to the section of Steubenville where the Save-A-Lot was, and talked to some of the Save-A-Lot workers. That section looked pretty evil, and the Save-A-Lot folks said it definitely was. Once out of the city, though, and they said you are pretty much away from the crime.

Hi Orwelleaut. Crime is not an issue in Wintersville. Steubenville always has had it's spots, but every city does. Still, overall, it is a good place to live.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
Seriously people watch too much local "news"

Crime is no better or worse than 99% of any other urbanized area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio