Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:36 AM

47 posts, read 211,346 times

Advertisements

There are alot of really nice residential areas in the Steubenville area. My parents, aunts, and many cousins still live there, and I really think it all depends on your suburb and neighborhood. and, yes, I visit several times a year. Wintersville has many really nice neighborhoods. There are also several nice neighborhoods "up on the hill" in Mingo Junction, Weirton (WV)and Follansbee (WV). Also, some really nice small villages and towns with great people. Again, it's just like any other metroplex.....you can find nice areas if you look. Now I wouldn't want to live in downtown Steubenville any more than I would want to live in downtown Dallas or Houston. But, come on, people. Making blanket statements about an entire region just does not make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 08:13 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Quote:
so I'd like to know what general area do you live in JoeP that crime
Crime is only an issue downtown and to a lesser extent, the two adjacent hill neighborhoods.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:40 PM

23 posts, read 121,710 times
This from Sperlings...

Steubenville, Ohio crime
View levelCountyStateMetroCountyCityZip CodeZip Code Steubenville, OH, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 7. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 3.

Steubenville, OH, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 6. Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 3
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

This small town of 19,000 has over TWICE the amount of violent crime than the US average? What r u people talking about that crime isn't bad there, or that it's all just rumor?

To the poster that said the Wu-Tang is just a rumor...

LOOK IT UP! IT'S NOT A RUMOR.

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 06:19 AM..

Old 02-01-2008, 03:27 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Please, crime happens in specific areas, most of the city is more than safe.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:39 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
I have heard nothing but good things out of the Steubenville area the last couple of years.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 16,322 times
I used to take the bus from where I live to Steubenville to visit family in Wellsville.. What a run down looking town, the parts I saw..Also heard high crime rate.. Now ,since two years at least, Greyhound bus does not even stop there..

Old 03-13-2008, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 14,219 times
Default cchs

To the person interested in where I went to school. I have no idea why this matters. I am, and was, simply trying to alert someone to avoid moving to this area. I stand by my comments and many of the comments by people that have or still live there.

Good Luck.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:01 AM

194 posts, read 464,015 times
What is all this talk about Wu Tang, they're a hip hop group-not a gang. I know one of the members RZA, I think was born there, but from what I heard about incidents involving his buddies, they were related to street gang members, not Wu Tang itself. Besides, according to crime stats, Steubenville doesn't seem to be much worse than other cities in the midwest/east, it's definitely no Highland Park or Detroit

Old 11-05-2008, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,786 times
You people are so negative that this is why steubenville has become what you say it is. This community rises up to help its own and others in time of need. Like many other midwest steel towns it was hit hard in the 1980-90 era. I am proud to be from here and if you do not want to relocate here...then good....stay away....we do not need your negativity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:37 AM

109 posts, read 350,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popsoftheyear View Post
I won't argue any more after this I promise... but you're wrong. I've only been here a few months and there have been multiple shootings *on my street*, and I don't live down town, nor do I even live in a relatively bad part of this neighborhood. The news (channel 9 I think) comes and tries to get a witness but nobody talks to them, which may be why you haven't heard about them possibly? I don't get local channels but I would suspect they still broadcast "there was another shooting" on the news or something. When's the last time you were on the hilltop? Rest assured it is most definitely populated (as in people DO both visit and live there), and there is most definitely plenty of crime up there... a lot of which goes unnoticed because it is incredibly common, well hidden, and people usually turn the other cheek if it isn't directed towards them. And even for those that crime IS directed towards - I've had a direct neighbor with a breakin and another direct neighbor with an attempted breakin in the last few weeks alone and I bet you heard about neither one. They were just angry, and why? Because it is not a suprise. Now I try incredibly hard to mind my own business but it is so obvious and in your face here that you would have to lie to yourself (read: denial) to say it doesn't exist. Fact? Yes. Nor does it take much common sense to see this stuff. Unless you're trying to make your city look "hard" for whatever reason, which even if you were it just isn't necessary for Steubenville, why would someone just "claim" crime is a problem if it wasn't?? Now I don't know much about Steubenville besides that... so I'd like to know what general area do you live in JoeP that crime is a non-issue? Anyhow, it still isn't any worse than what millions of people in certain areas of big cities are living, which *certainly* isn't any worse than what many millions of people in other countries are going through...
...and ya just can't beat the cost of living here =)

-Me
You are an idiot, Quit bashing a city that you've only lived in for a few months. And with the crime you speak of, where is it that you live? Labelle? Pleasant heights? Downtown? If thats where you moved in at then it's your fault. Move to a better neighborhood, like on hollywood BLVD or brebarton. SO go take a long walk on a short plank. Jagoff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio