Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:07 PM

9 posts, read 45,759 times

Advertisements

...Does anyone have any idea when the list will be out?
Also, any insight into how soon they will start calling from the list? And how fast it moves down along it?

....And while I'm at it, the winning lottery numbers for next week? :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,587,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raestyr View Post
...Does anyone have any idea when the list will be out?
Also, any insight into how soon they will start calling from the list? And how fast it moves down along it?

....And while I'm at it, the winning lottery numbers for next week? :P
No one knows until DCAS announce the list.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:39 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,949,317 times
Will be any day now. Takes about 9 months from test date. As soon as list is established, People will be called for interviews.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:03 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,587,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
Will be any day now. Takes about 9 months from test date. As soon as list is established, People will be called for interviews.
Quick question, if the list is established, how do we know that the list is established already? Or we don't.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guangzl1 View Post
Quick question, if the list is established, how do we know that the list is established already? Or we don't.
You will receive notice in the mail. You can also see news on The Chief for lists established.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:29 AM

5 posts, read 33,903 times
I still haven't received anything in the mail. Staff Analyst union website hasn't posted any information. Nothing in the chief. Has anyone received any information regarding this exam, the eligible list, etc?

Old 04-14-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycexam2014 View Post
I still haven't received anything in the mail. Staff Analyst union website hasn't posted any information. Nothing in the chief. Has anyone received any information regarding this exam, the eligible list, etc?
The list isn't established yet. Be patient.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:16 PM

5 posts, read 33,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
The list isn't established yet. Be patient.
any idea what the interview process is like? are candidates with high scores guaranteed a job? is it unheard of for a candidate with high test scores to denied job placement?

Old 04-14-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycexam2014 View Post
any idea what the interview process is like? are candidates with high scores guaranteed a job? is it unheard of for a candidate with high test scores to denied job placement?
Interviews vary by agency. Most likely you will.be interviewed.by 2-6 people.

No a high score only guarantees a shorter wait to be called for interviews. No job is guaranteed. You still have to have the relevant work experience and sell yourself.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:12 PM

32 posts, read 139,047 times
Default Associate staff analyst exam questions

I will take the upcoming associate staff analyst exam next month and find information here is very helpful. I’d appreciate some help on the questions I have below.

Please note I am not a city employee and will take the test that is open to the public.

1. 1. How much time do you have to complete the test?
.I 2. I am using a passbook for staff analyst trainee to prepare for this associate staff analyst exam. Is this passbook not enough for exam preparation as associate staff analyst is a higher position? If not, are the questions in this passbook of similar nature to those asked during the exam?
3. 3. Passbook series don’t provide explanation to answers. Can anyone suggest other materials/websites that can help preparation for the test? Are past exams ever get published so that we can utilize them?
4. 4. If the test result doesn’t put me on the top of the candidate list, will taking the exam again with a better result replace the previous ranking? How does the city agency handle the ranking with the exams offered at different years?

Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City