Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2006, 07:31 AM

3 posts, read 19,258 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am currently living in an apartment in Bayonne NJ. I am recently married and my wife and I are buying a Townhouse in the Twin rivers community of East Windsor NJ (first time home buyers). Does anybody have any information (good or bad) about the community/schools/Things to do etc.? Anything you have, that you think would be useful to us would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2006, 06:26 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,106,493 times
Twin Rivers is a peaceful community. I don't have children, can't speak for the school system. There is not much to do in East Windsor itself currently, but you are reasonably close to Freehold, Princeton/West Windsor, the Brunswicks, and all the restaurants and shopping these towns contain. Also East Windsor has a lot of businesses popping up...they are building things on Rt. 33 and they look like they will be new shopping centers, and I have seen office complexes going up on side roads in recent months. There are wineries in the East Windsor/Robbinsville/Cream Ridge border area (I think 2), and Cream Ridge and Robbinsville have golf courses if golfing interests you. Robbinsville also has a small airport and you can take lessons there (if you are adventurous!). The nearest malls are Quakerbridge mall in West Windsor and the Freehold Raceway Mall in Freehold. Oh of course, there is the Freehold raceway, a horseracing track. Englishtown, about 20 minutes away, has car racing.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:28 PM

OH and there is some factory in East Windsor...they make small appliances...I think it's Conair but I'm not sure. They have excellent clearance sales once or twice a year I think. Ask your new neighbors about it. Also there are some shopping outlets in Cranbury but I am not sure which stores they are for.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:53 AM

3 posts, read 19,258 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for the input Christina, we are excited!!

Old 09-06-2006, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 7,817 times
Default East Windsor, NJ!

East Windsor, NJ and the Twin Rivers Community itself is a great place to live! I've lived here for over 20 years, raised my children here and serve with the volunteer fire company located in Twin Rivers! It's a beautiful place offering a great suburban location with shopping malls, restaurants and anything else you could ever want nearby! Welcome to the neighborhood and be sure to come and visit us at the firehouse in Twin Rivers, ever think about volunteering? I'm sure you guys will love your new home and community!

Old 09-08-2006, 04:50 PM

OMG Tell your wife there is a Lenox clearance warehouse in nearby Cranbury; I only found out recently because they had a percent-off coupon in the newspaper so I went to check it out. I got a $100 item for $18! Great place to check out when it's time for holiday shopping.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,616 times
Wow, I remember when my husband posted this 5 yrs ago we are still living here and we love it! Been to the Lenox warehouse. We go to Lawrenceville/Freehold a lot. We still have to get to the Conair factory yet we were just talking about it yesterday! I can use a new hairdryer lol. We also have a 20 month old. I have to say everyone compliments our house because of its size, we have 3 br 2 1/2 baths, and are even impressed that we have a basement. I notice there are a lot of townhouses that are a bit smaller or most have garages/no basements me I rather have a basement!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM

133 posts, read 502,982 times
Munchkins_ Mommy,

I live in East Windsor too in the Wendover Commons development and I love it here! Don't have kids yet but hopefully soon!..East Windsor is a great place to live!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,950,206 times
Lived in Twin Rivers when I was a newlywed, 24 years ago! Great condo in Avon Village. Loved being able to walk to stores, restaurants, dry cleaners and pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey