Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 08:57 AM

965 posts, read 724,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I'm just hoping no dolphins or whales wash up on shore during the event....
The irony is that Trump would bottle MAGA-branded whale oil if he thought he could make a buck from it. But it's cool, we can still pretend all of this is about saving the whales, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 10:17 AM

10,477 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb175 View Post
The irony is that Trump would bottle MAGA-branded whale oil if he thought he could make a buck from it. But it's cool, we can still pretend all of this is about saving the whales, lol.
Trumps environmental policy is to save the whales, dolphins and fisheries. There is nothing environmental about Democrat policies, just global warming frar-mongering for money and power. Democrats will round up humans in interment camps to kill off in the name of global warming, I say this with crass but am not far from the marker of reality.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Of course I do, lol.

But I do swear that a lot of people outside the NY metro area never heard of him or knew anything about him until he had that show. I was shocked recently to find out it went seven seasons. I had no idea. I thought it was on for a year or two.

So what they saw was some sort of businessman and thought that would be better than a career politician, and I can't say I can really argue with that rationale. I didn't like Hillary and I didn't like Biden even when he was VP, both lifer political types.

But...Donald TRUMP? I don't hate him. I worked in the city all my life, and he was part of the entertainment fabric of New York. Liked to get his face in the paper, had no problem bragging about his sex life on the front pages of the tabloids. Nothing to hate, just entertainment, a NYC character, in love with himself and the image he creates. But I don't want that character as my President.

I spoke with him on the phone once, back in 2014, a business matter. (Met Ivanka, she's as tall as I am, but gorgeous and smart as hell.) He said I was :terrific", so it's not that he's completely without good judgment.

He was smart enough to understand that there was a huge swath of Americans who felt unheard and ignored by their government, and he listened to them and he said what he knew they wanted to hear, and I think establishment DC did not understand until it was too late that they had made a big mistake not paying attention to middle America and its concerns. The problem is that it's all Trump the character. He doesn't actually care about anyone else besides himself, and the people trusting and believing in him to restore a way of life that no longer exists don't seem to understand that it's only their adoration and worship that is of value to him.
What do you mean nobody ever heard Trump outside of New York? He has/d skyscrapers throughout the US and Canada, South America, Middle East, Europe, and Asia. His name is on the tallest buildings in major cities throughout the world. I stayed 3 weeks at Trumps Panama City, Panama location (~2012) on a business trip which at the time was the most beautiful building in the entire skyline. In addition to that, he has built some of the most iconic golf courses around the world.

If you go back to the 80s, and 90s and look at his interviews with Oprah, Larry King, and David Letterman, what he had to say about the country and global economics hasn't moved at all. The question everyone asked the guy since he's been in his 30s, is when are you going to run for President?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

He was already famous before his TV show, which I don't believe made him any more famous than he already was. I had a mandatory college course at Rutgers University, by the Dean of the College, and our weekly homework assignments was to watch the Apprentice, because it was good at showcasing the real business world. He was also famously known during the Obama era, to get him to show his birth certificate. To this date, a real version has been provided.

The left (and mainstream media) has been working full-time for 9 years now on trying to destroy Trumps character. If you believe a lot of the stuff said about his character, you have to change your news source, much of it is misinformation. Trump is the most caring President in our history, and one the most generous people you will ever meet.

Dean Phillips the guy who just ran against Biden in the Primaries went to a Trump Rally and had a lot of positive things to say about it. I think its a great place to be for all Americans as long as you go with an open mind, and are patriotic.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...itical-culture

Old 04-22-2024, 11:27 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trumps environmental policy is to save the whales, dolphins and fisheries. There is nothing environmental about Democrat policies, just global warming frar-mongering for money and power. Democrats will round up humans in interment camps to kill off in the name of global warming, I say this with crass but am not far from the marker of reality.
Yeah, you are really far, but that's an old story. WWII, Japanese people being told Americans will kill and eat their babies, Americans told the same about the Japanese.

Besides, wasn't it one of your red crew on P&OC last week calling for all Muslims to be rounded up and deported? The closer you look, the more you are all the same. The Them vs. Us schtick works to rile up non-thinkers, but it never ends well. Seems to be a human flaw. We keep playing that game.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you are really far, but that's an old story. WWII, Japanese people being told Americans will kill and eat their babies, Americans told the same about the Japanese.

Besides, wasn't it one of your red crew on P&OC last week calling for all Muslims to be rounded up and deported? The closer you look, the more you are all the same. The Them vs. Us schtick works to rile up non-thinkers, but it never ends well. Seems to be a human flaw. We keep playing that game.
I don't know what you're talking about, but signs and rally's were being done in the streets of Michigan chanting "death to America", so why wouldn't you want the non-citizens kicked out of the country? You cannot take everything said by the media at its face value. Also, it wasn't red team talking about it, but the sane members of your fellow blue team also discussing it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bi...il/ar-BB1lK6wM

Old 04-22-2024, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about, but signs and rally's were being done in the streets of Michigan chanting "death to America", so why wouldn't you want the non-citizens kicked out of the country? You cannot take everything said by the media at its face value. Also, it wasn't red team talking about it, but the sane members of your fellow blue team also discussing it.

I was talking about one of your pals on City-Data P&OC.

It wasn't or non-citizens any mention of Michigan--and sure, I am fine with "death-to-America" foreigners being shipped out.

One of your peeps said all Muslims in the US should be deported. You know... because of their religion. Nothing else. That's to what I referred.

Old 04-22-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:

It wasn't or non-citizens any mention of Michigan--and sure, I am fine with "death-to-America" foreigners being shipped out.

One of your peeps said all Muslims in the US should be deported. That's to what I referred.

And I am much older than you, hon, and lol I don't need to be schooled about not taking media at face value. I am not a TV person in particular. In fact, I taught my own daughter, who is probably your age or a bit older, from childhood to question anything she hears in the news, and that has served her well. You seem somewhat gullible to me, in fact.

That also means questioning even the groups you like and identify with.

Old 04-22-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:

One of your peeps said all Muslims in the US should be deported. You know... because of their religion. Nothing else. That's to what I referred.
Its an internet forum, it could have been a Biden supporter? Who knows. If you come here illegally, and don't support America you should be kicked out. This has nothing to do with Trump.

You should be upset the Biden Administration is flying hundreds of thousands of people from around the world into the country illegally, opened the borders for tens of millions to come in here illegally.

People who hate this country, hate Americans, don't respect the country, terrorists, criminals, Venezuela has emptied out their prisons here... all for what? Its for the US census, to move people around to give Democrats full control of the Congress after 2030. What do you think of the Biden/Democrats plan? You want to complain about mainstream media representation about someone's character, but okay with someone destroying our towns here for their own selfishness.

Old 04-22-2024, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Its an internet forum, it could have been a Biden supporter? Who knows. If you come here illegally, and don't support America you should be kicked out. This has nothing to do with Trump.

You should be upset the Biden Administration is flying hundreds of thousands of people from around the world into the country illegally, opened the borders for tens of millions to come in here illegally.

People who hate this country, hate Americans, don't respect the country, terrorists, criminals, Venezuela has emptied out their prisons here... all for what? Its for the US census, to move people around to give Democrats full control of the Congress after 2030. What do you think of the Biden/Democrats plan? You want to complain about mainstream media representation about someone's character, but okay with someone destroying our towns here for their own selfishness.
Oh no, it was on P&OC, definitely a right-winger.

No idea what the hell you are going on about. I was talking about something specific. I am not a Biden fan, so what does that have to do with anything I said.

You just parrot stuff you are told to say, I think, but don't know how to have a dialogue and follow a linear conversation.

Old 04-22-2024, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Oh no, it was on P&OC, definitely a right-winger.

No idea what the hell you are going on about. I was talking about something specific. I am not a Biden fan, so what does that have to do with anything I said.

You just parrot stuff you are told to say, I think, but don't know how to have a dialogue and follow a linear conversation.

I don't really care what someone's opinion is on a forum with zero context when that forum that has tens of thousands daily visitors each and don't see what it has to this conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey