Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 07:01 AM

961 posts, read 722,061 times

Advertisements

What a fitting location...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2024, 11:12 AM

50,724 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Well at least you admit you're a low information voter, as expected most Murphy voters were. The majority of Democrat voters today are herd mentality, or low information people which listen to the 30 second fake-news media clips and vote. If you think on your own, you're labeled a conspiracy theorist by the party.

Jack Ciattarelli clearly won the debates, and presented the best ideas for the state and its people. Unfortunately for Republicans in NJ, they need to earn 3x the vote of the informed voters as Newark, Jersey City, Camden, Atlantic City, Trenton collectively ballot harvest votes in the herd and mail them in.

I don't think it was herd mentality, I think a lot of people, Independents especially, were not going to vote for an election denier, especially one no one ever heard of. Voter turnout was only 40%.

Most people are moderates, and seldom have a candidate that represents them.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Again, I did not base my vote on anything in the media. Murphy did something good tax-wise for older voters who receive pensions, creating an exclusion for people like me. I have never once in my life collected unemployment or received benefits of any kind. I did not get any COVID "stimulus" money. I worked for a public authority that includes New Jersey and lived here all my life, yet because the pension comes from the other state, I was taxed in full by NJ until he and the legislature finally created a pension exclusion for people over 62, within income limits. You bet your ass that was a reason to vote for him, and media had nothing to do with it, his actions did. Yeah, he's a rich guy with a lot of hair and teeth and big talk, but hey, he did bring infrastructure money into the state, creating construction jobs.

Find somebody better, I will consider that person as well. Christie was not better. Corzine was not better, either.

He also did a great job with GetCoveredNJ, which was how I was able to have health insurance after I was laid off in 2019 and lasting through 2020/

Old 04-18-2024, 11:58 AM

8,055 posts, read 7,422,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Rally will be held on the beach in Wildwood, NJ at 7:30pm on Saturday May 11th.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2024/04/...ls-so-far.html

Thanks for the tip! We were down in the area last week & had a great time! Might be worth another trip in May...

Old 04-18-2024, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Thanks for the tip! We were down in the area last week & had a great time! Might be worth another trip in May...
Just be forewarned, this was the call in topic on 101.5 last evening and the people who went to the rallies who actually got in, spent many, many hours in line, some camped out overnight. Some got there 5-6 hours early and still couldn’t get in even though they got tickets online.

Old 04-18-2024, 02:48 PM

10,435 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Just be forewarned, this was the call in topic on 101.5 last evening and the people who went to the rallies who actually got in, spent many, many hours in line, some camped out overnight. Some got there 5-6 hours early and still couldn’t get in even though they got tickets online.
They just confirmed its going to be outside, and from what I've read covering several blocks of beach for "an event that has never been seen before". According to Wildwood expecting 40,000 people on the beach, and you can enter the beach starting at noon which should be easier than getting inside a building.

The site just opened up to register tickets (so might want to do that immediately). The max you can order is 2, and I think that is just registration, not a confirmation if you got them or not.

The event starts at 5pm, assuming they have speakers before, then Trump will show up at 7:30.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 04-18-2024 at 02:57 PM..

Old 04-18-2024, 05:14 PM

5,135 posts, read 3,750,579 times
Quote:
I don't think it was herd mentality, I think a lot of people, Independents especially, were not going to vote for an election denier, especially one no one ever heard of. Voter turnout was only 40%.

Most people are moderates, and seldom have a candidate that represents them.

Lot of those 2016 election deniers still walking around free. Mrs. C.

Old 04-18-2024, 05:55 PM

88,516 posts, read 84,705,921 times
We just had an earthquake. Be crazy funny if we had a tidal wave next, doncha think?

Old 04-18-2024, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the advice, but this wouldn't be my first rodeo. Besides, even if I don't get in, with so many of my fellow Americans on hand -- Happy Warriors all -- the vibe alone would be worth the trip.

Old 04-18-2024, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We just had an earthquake. Be crazy funny if we had a tidal wave next, doncha think?
Really? You're better than this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey