Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:42 AM

194 posts, read 749,307 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of condo's on the market and the foreclosures are hurting values. If you are looking to buy a foreclosure is going to beat the price over any owner occupant sale. Make sure you can handle the HOA fees as some are higher than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 AM

343 posts, read 727,119 times
21 Wins,

These are strictly seat-of the-pants observations from a Murrells Inlet citizen of 4 years. (Previously Maryland) There are plenty of all kinds of properties available in the Murrells Inlet, Garden City area. The real estate market is strongly in favor of buyers currently (for sale signs everywhere).

If you are dealing with "for sale by owner" properties, you are usually dealing with people who have an inflated view of what their ocean-area property is worth. Or, they are in economic distress and have remorse for the "poor investment" they have made, and they want to recoup it at your expense.

I'd go with an established realtor who can help you (as an out-of-towner) quickly identify what's available to meet your needs and price range, and who will have the negotiation skills to help you make the deal you want. (No I'm not in nor do I have anything to do with real estate sales.)

Finally, I wouldn't worry about recovery (unless you entertain the idea that the US economy will never recover) because the real estate market is cyclical and will rebound. Timing is everything. Remember, as the northeastern baby boomers (30-40 million of them) retire and want to get away from high taxes and snowy winters they'll head down I-95 to find that Florida is full, Georgia is swamp, and Virginia still has snow. So the Carolinas are where they're going to end up. Nothin could be finer!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:02 PM

75 posts, read 219,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyterp View Post
Finally, I wouldn't worry about recovery (unless you entertain the idea that the US economy will never recover) because the real estate market is cyclical and will rebound. Timing is everything. Remember, as the northeastern baby boomers (30-40 million of them) retire and want to get away from high taxes and snowy winters they'll head down I-95 to find that Florida is full, Georgia is swamp, and Virginia still has snow. So the Carolinas are where they're going to end up. Nothin could be finer!
Please don't tell my wife this... she's already shoving me from behind hoping to push me in the pool.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:36 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,877,816 times
Teddyterp is dead-on. Come on the water, Kone! It's only cold at first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area