Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,723,671 times

Advertisements

Ah, that's it...it is usually Sunday.
We are really more interested in and around PI right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 AM

214 posts, read 651,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Scotty!!! You're still there? I thought you would have moved by now....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Scotty - I was wondering the same thing about your move. Guess you are still here. Hope you are liking it better......

I paid for the month of December and turned in my keys to my rental house on Dec. 1st, then headed out in the moving truck lol

I still haunt this section of City Data from time to time even though im back in Seattle/2013

Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 AM

Got it! Well, I hope you are happy with your new situation. Did you ever get to try hang gliding in KDH? I kept hoping to hear about that adventure from you...

Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 PM

178 posts, read 330,101 times
PD beat me to it. I'd forgotten about this thread but did read about the murder at Lumpys when it happened. One place in PI that looks really neat is the Barefoot Barista. Some people met there right before the first Don't Box the Neck meeting. Everything made there, they have at least one room that can be reserved for small gatherings that has an English Tea Room feel. They also have live music all the time. Haven't gotten there to eat, but he's a local and I'd rather eat there than a chain. He also has a Facebook page.

Barefoot Barista Coffee House Tea House Restaurant Moped Rentals Pawleys Island

Old 02-15-2013, 09:43 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,681,388 times
Default Bella

I have not been to this restaurant, but it looks promising.

Restaurant Review: Bella is Beautiful

Old 08-19-2013, 06:16 AM

Well Hi everyone! This thread has languished for a LOOONG time, and we have had several trips down to try new spots so I thought that I would start this puppy back up...hope we'll get some new info along the way.

In no particular order....
Nosh- went there with the idea of listening to the band and sitting at the Pavillion, but it was just too hot that night so we ate in the bar as we had no reservation for dinner. The bar is kinda cool, rustic in ambience, and Sue ( or Susan?) was a good bartender. We enjoyed our meal and were glad that the offerings were beyond tapas style dining as that doesn't really suit us.

Russell's- still love the food but wish that the bartender lady would lighten up on her "honey" and "my darlings" a bit. It's cute the first time or two, but we had to sit in the bar that night and it got REALLY old after a while. Perhaps if it didn't seem so forced.....still love the Mahi!

Chive Blossom- went on a whim when they advertised that they had the best she crab soup around, and we decided that it is without question in our top 3. Pam is a very good bartender and the food was very good, but spendy. This is the type of place that you should go if you've got a special occasion or just feel like throwing the checkbook to the wind...but in defense, the portions were very generous and we actually left food on our plates because it was too much to finish.
A CAUTION>>> the "cup" of soup is what most folks would deem to be a generous bowlful. If you just want an appetizer size portion, get the "sip".

On the list of places to try next- Café Piccollo, if open for dinner; the new Quigley's venture if I can find it; and Gios.
Any feedback/opinions on those would be gratefully accepted.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:56 PM

214 posts, read 651,080 times
I know its a little north of PI but a place called Cafe 17 in Murrells Inlet was good for breakfast. Its right where 17 splits off to Murrells inlet going north. Worth a stop in.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Thanks Scotty. I will check it out. We tried Eggs Up and were ok with the food but the server was one of the worst we have ever had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area