Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 12,958 times

Advertisements

Just finished listening to Ted Bell on WMNB. He did play quite a few "beach music" songs by the artists that we all know and love. Here's the URL to listen live. WNMB-AM You can also visit WNMB at wnmb900.com and send requests for Ted's show tomorrow to wnmb@sc.rr.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 12:18 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,827,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Is that station (900am) online?
Yeah, they've got a link on their website. I listened to part of Ted Bell's show today, but there was a lot more oldies than beach music. Maybe there will be a gradual shift. 103.3 FM (http://www.wolt-fm.com/wolt-fm.html - broken link), out of Greenville SC streams online and they promote themselves as a beach music station, but IMO that's a real stretch. They've spent a lot of air time the last few days encouraging their "Myrtle Beach friends" to call or email them. I guess they're going after the Surf's audience. Just as info, SOS provides a list of beach music stations on their website.

Our local TV news dedicated 10 seconds to reporting on the demise of the Surf. According to them, efforts to sell the station ran into legal snags, so they shut down. No indication of whether negotiations were proceeding.

Edit: Oops, loved949... didn't mean to step on your toes. You snuck in there while I was writing/working/writing. We must have caught different parts of Ted's show, still it's better than anything else going on right now.

Last edited by PawleysDude; 01-19-2011 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Update

Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 PM

I emailed Ted this morning and he said that he would be doing more of the beach music family as he settles in at WNMB. He also said that Ray Scott would of course be on the CWB cruise departing this Friday but that he hoped to get back into radio soon. I hope so too. I miss old Ray. He will keep us posted. I had forgotten about the radio stations on the SOS website. Thanks. Can't wait for the DJ Throwdown in March. Guess I'll just have to move to Myrtle Beach after all.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM

62 posts, read 169,536 times
cb at sea,

The wnmb (900fm) station does not have online listening. If you go to live365.com and search for "Beach Music", there are a number of online radio stations. What is missing is the local info you get from your local station. I'm going to miss the boating reports from the Freedom Boat Club and the Two Blondes on the Beach commercials.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 PM

See you at the DJ Throwdown, loved949thesurf! Have already ordered my ticket.....

Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 AM

WMNB does have online streaming at WNMB 900 - The Sound of North Myrtle Beach Just click in the jukebox and warpradio will come up. It will take a few minutes or just go back to the home page and click the jukebox again.
Ted Bell is on the air now!!!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:31 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,827,063 times
MB Sun News ran a decent article on Surf's demise this morning, but mostly old news.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
Junepharm6...thanks for the info...I'll check it out.

I think the biggest loss for the local area will be the club info....who's playing where and when! I'm not "local" to SC, but it is my "home away from home"....when we come down, my radio and 94.9 are at the pool with me!!!

If only I had the $$$$$$ and the know-how........I'd try to buy it!!!

I'll check out both of those sites....thanks!!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loved949thesurf View Post
WMNB does have online streaming at WNMB 900 - The Sound of North Myrtle Beach Just click in the jukebox and warpradio will come up. It will take a few minutes or just go back to the home page and click the jukebox again.
Ted Bell is on the air now!!!!!
I stand corrected. I did not see where the link was on the web page until I took a second look. I would rather listen to a local station so this is a good discovery....still miss TheSurf however...

Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
I've tried Live365.com....who knew there was so much out there! Thanks, everyone! (I'm computer illiterate..and even dumber when it comes to the internet, but this was easy!) At least now, I can get my "fix" of the music I like, even if I don't get the news from my "adopted" hometown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area