Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 08:50 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,662 times

Advertisements

Ah, my mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 09:07 AM

334 posts, read 496,113 times
I prefer Credit Unions. I'll take Fairmont Federal Credit Union over any big/small bank anyday.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:10 AM

334 posts, read 496,113 times
Guess they didn't want to shell out for Cabela's

Sportsman's Warehouse Store Locator

Seems dominate west of the Mississippi and it's finally making it's way here.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:12 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,229,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post
Guess they didn't want to shell out for Cabela's

Sportsman's Warehouse Store Locator

Seems dominate west of the Mississippi and it's finally making it's way here.
I think Bass Pro was thinking about it, but they wanted over 40 million (minimum what they request). I wonder if the rumored Field and Stream will still build by the new exit.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:04 AM

632 posts, read 833,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Awesome! I had a feeling it would be over there since that would be most logical location, I was kind of hoping they would take the kmart and breathe some new life into that, but I'm just happy they are coming and will be open by mid 2017. I wonder why they didn't bother announcing the tanyard station, they announced 4 new stores, you would think they would announce it at the same time.
The Tanyard Development keeps having to jump through hurdles so until they start clearing land, I don't think they want to announce tennants

Old 08-19-2016, 10:06 AM

83 posts, read 100,342 times
Have to agree with abwvu1 about credit unions. Wish WVU Credit Union would up their game a couple of notches to be more competitive or join with other credit unions.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:10 AM

632 posts, read 833,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
We reluctantly use United Bank here, but would switch in a heartbeat if WF or BoA opened up here, or Chase is what Id really love actually....small local banks are just so limited.....

As I am married to someone who used to work for Wells Fargo, I'll let you all in....

The banks (or government) have a set up where they will not move into a new state where an existing major bank is already established. So for instance, Chase is established in WV but there are no BoA or Wells. So WF and BoA will never build in WV....ever. So don't hold your breath for that. I do wish that Morgantown would get a Chase (my bank) because the closest one is currently Clarksburg. I think part of the hold up is that PNC dominates this area but with all the people from out of state, I wouldn't think that would be a problem

Old 08-19-2016, 10:50 AM

891 posts, read 1,054,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 304eer View Post
As I am married to someone who used to work for Wells Fargo, I'll let you all in....

The banks (or government) have a set up where they will not move into a new state where an existing major bank is already established. So for instance, Chase is established in WV but there are no BoA or Wells. So WF and BoA will never build in WV....ever. So don't hold your breath for that. I do wish that Morgantown would get a Chase (my bank) because the closest one is currently Clarksburg. I think part of the hold up is that PNC dominates this area but with all the people from out of state, I wouldn't think that would be a problem

Good to know, thanks....

Old 08-19-2016, 10:51 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,229,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 304eer View Post
The Tanyard Development keeps having to jump through hurdles so until they start clearing land, I don't think they want to announce tennants
Is there another hurdle after the bat thing?

Old 08-19-2016, 10:53 AM

891 posts, read 1,054,493 times
never been in a Sportsmans warehouse....is it comparable to Cabela's and Bass Pro?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown