Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:42 AM

671 posts, read 1,057,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlong1962 View Post
Mass produced donuts are available right around the corner at Tim Horton's. I like the handmade touch.
The issue isn't about mass production vs 10 min/donut. These are cake donuts, a specific type of donut that has not been available in town since Ray's and his daughter closed their bakeries. That's what makes it sad that despite their renewed availability in Morgantown, one can't grab this item as a breakfast on special occasion without incurring a 30 minute wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 09:04 AM

334 posts, read 495,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouisman View Post
it's not supposed to be like that. That is the only reason the line is out the door all the time.

But the Morgantown location, for some strange reason, seems to be doing it the other way - make the donut in front of you. Which means you have to stand there and wait...and wait... and wait... while they make each donut the person is ordering.

If they continue doing it this way, I will never go there. It's not worth that kind of time.
Wait til 30,000 students return in August.

2 hours wait MINIMUM. Especially on GameDay.

Dunkin Donuts on 705 will get their clock cleaned with that new business there.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:59 AM

10 posts, read 14,857 times
Maybe the wait time is an anomaly. I recall 5-Guys having ridiculous lines when they first opened. Now it's not so bad. Plus there's a 5-Guys cell phone app to pre-order and avoid any lines (still have to wait for them to make the fries, though). Perhaps a cell phone app is a solution the donut shop should consider.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:04 AM

334 posts, read 495,695 times
Default Mylan News

There are unconfirmed reports that

1.) WVU CPRC will move from their current location to Research Park Rd out by 705. (The current parking pod for WVU Medicine)

2.) Once WVU CPRC leaves their original post. Mylan will tear down that building and also an additional building (where SSA Office is with a strip mall on the other side) to build a brand new office complex that would put the ones from the Mountaineer Mall over to there.

3.) When a brand new elementary school is complete over by NETL they will tear down North Elementary and built a 2nd production facility for extra space.

So Mylan is making big moves in the next few years over on 705.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:17 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post

1.) WVU CPRC will move from their current location to Research Park Rd out by 705. (The current parking pod for WVU Medicine)

2.) Once WVU CPRC leaves their original post. Mylan will tear down that building and also an additional building (where SSA Office is with a strip mall on the other side) to build a brand new office complex that would put the ones from the Mountaineer Mall over to there.

3.) When a brand new elementary school is complete over by NETL they will tear down North Elementary and built a 2nd production facility for extra space.

Wow awesome news! I'm glad to hear Mylan is essentially expanding in the area, but if I'm reading what you wrote, they are planning on leaving the old mall, I wonder what is going to happen with that area then?. Do you know which parking lot the CPRC will build on because there seems to be 2-3 back in that area that the hospital uses?

Old 06-20-2016, 07:57 PM

273 posts, read 382,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post

1.) This wouldn't surprise me in the least. It makes sense for EVU to locate it on WVU property.

2.) I wonder what that would mean for the Mountaineer "Mall"?

3.) I don't think this is happening. The new elementary is to replace Suncrest Primary and extend it to be a full elementary school. I didn't think they were consolidating Suncreat and North.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:20 AM

286 posts, read 348,216 times
Default Itsmorgantown

Properties – It's Morgantown

Great website to see what's going on in and around Morgantown

Old 07-09-2016, 10:59 AM

"The Nest" on there looks interesting, and it's pretty cool it's in partnership with launch lab (pad?) at WVU. Thanks for sharing the link!

Old 07-09-2016, 11:15 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,209 times
I know they've talked about an incubator building like The Nest for the last five or so years - glad it's finally coming to fruition. Anyone know where it'll be? I assume it'll be over by Mon General.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
I know they've talked about an incubator building like The Nest for the last five or so years - glad it's finally coming to fruition. Anyone know where it'll be? I assume it'll be over by Mon General.
That is what I'd assume, however the lot on the exit ramp when heading south on 79 at the new interchange has been recently leveled and there are stakes in the ground marking footing locations for a building. I wonder if it might go there since the proposed design of the building looks like they want it to be seen by people.

Anyway, I'm glad this project is going to be done, I think this could really help this area and WV in general since we really are lacking any type of startups and there has only recently been support for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown