Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 07:13 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,803 times

Advertisements

I emailed the person in charge of itmorgantown. She said there are still many projects they will be adding to the website over the next couple weeks. Also, "The Nest" is slated to be built at the airport next to their other office building, they are currently waiting for FAA approval to locate it there though and she said it might ultimately not end up being built there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 09:55 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,209 times
Thanks, Matt!

Old 07-15-2016, 06:58 AM

Looks like something is finally being done with the land in star city that includes the cvs and golden corral. Looks like they are planning for it to have a hotel, 2 office buildings, 27K square feet in retail space and a restaurant, obviously planning is different than building but at least there seems to be a plan for the site.

River Landing at Star City – It's Morgantown

http://petroplus.com/river-landing/

Last edited by WVUmatt; 07-15-2016 at 07:28 AM..

Old 07-15-2016, 02:25 PM

255 posts, read 391,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Looks like something is finally being done with the land in star city that includes the cvs and golden corral. Looks like they are planning for it to have a hotel, 2 office buildings, 27K square feet in retail space and a restaurant, obviously planning is different than building but at least there seems to be a plan for the site.

River Landing at Star City – It's Morgantown

Petroplus & Associates, Inc. » River Landing
Oh goody; another hotel to add to the six on the other side of the bridge once the new section of UTC is complete. Oh well I'm glad to see them doing something with that space.

BTW I'm old enough to remember when there were barely more than six hotels in the whole area. ;-)

Old 07-15-2016, 04:42 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,039,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
Oh goody; another hotel to add to the six on the other side of the bridge once the new section of UTC is complete. Oh well I'm glad to see them doing something with that space.

BTW I'm old enough to remember when there were barely more than six hotels in the whole area. ;-)
Those hotels are needed for several reasons. First of all, the thousands of new jobs that will be created with these developments will result in a lot more transients coming here due to the new businesses. Secondly, The University is in serious growth mode. That will bring in visitors too.

Having these facilities near the Interstate will have people stopping here too, who would otherwise drive through and stop someplace else. These are all nice hotels, and all will have nearby restaurant amenities. I also look for Morgantown to get serious about attracting convention business to town. With the growing number of amenities we have around here, they are increasingly in a great competitive position to do so.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:21 PM

Default Chestnut Brew Works Named WV Best Craft Beer Brewery 2016

What the title says.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.o...america-state/

Also the states top rated beer is also made by them The Halleck Pale Ale.

I personally prefer The Morgantown Brewing Co Alpha Blonde, but to each his own.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:31 AM

334 posts, read 495,695 times
Well deserved!

Halleck Pale Ale is one of my all time favorites.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:54 PM

191 posts, read 306,206 times
Very good beer and good folks too.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,427 times
Default Mon-Fayette Junction

Anyone know what is going on with the Mon-Fayette Junction shopping center that was supposed to be built near the Cheat Lake exit on 68? There was a big write-up in the DP last summer about plans for several resturants, retail space, and an actual grocery store on that side of town, but there's virtually no activity. Just curious. It would be a much more convenient grocery trip than Suncrest Kroger.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:52 PM

Haven't seen or heard anything more than one of the lots being for sale.

Here

Looks like there is a website with plans on it.

Here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown