Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 11:16 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,356 times

Advertisements

Completely agree, heck in certain areas, require them to pay for road upgrades (widening, traffic light, side walks, new pavement) if they want their project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 11:25 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
The city and county needs to make it a requirement that all developers must repair the roads that their construction equipment damage while working on their respective projects. West Run would look like the autobahn if we had someone like this on the books when that area of town was developed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Completely agree, heck in certain areas, require them to pay for road upgrades (widening, traffic light, side walks, new pavement) if they want their project.

Both of the above are pretty standard in a lot of places. The developer will either do it himself, post a bond or pay an impact fee.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:29 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Both of the above are pretty standard in a lot of places. The developer will either do it himself, post a bond or pay an impact fee.
Frederick, MD had one where if you wanted to build a new neighborhood, you improve the roads and either build a new school or pay to expand a current one.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:45 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Frederick, MD had one where if you wanted to build a new neighborhood, you improve the roads and either build a new school or pay to expand a current one.

The schools were what the impact fees generally covered here. Here in Calvert County it's $12,950/SFH unit.

The County also requires road and stormwater upgrades where appropriate. The developers/builders howl.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:16 PM

671 posts, read 1,056,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The schools were what the impact fees generally covered here. Here in Calvert County it's $12,950/SFH unit.

The County also requires road and stormwater upgrades where appropriate. The developers/builders howl.
..but amazingly they still develop, just more responsibly. If anything, these rules separate the wheat from the chaff, in terms of allowing only the most responsible, committed developers to play the game.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:48 PM

202 posts, read 218,202 times
Default User Fee Paving

Has anyone seen any movement on any of the streets on the 2016 list? I saw an article about ramps getting done. I've seen new city vehicle, and I've read the police department got some new gear, but what about the street paving?

Old 07-18-2016, 02:08 PM

334 posts, read 495,641 times
I stand by my personal belief that the user fee was a sham from the beginning. Forces US people to pay while the businesses/Mylan/whoever else outside the city limits don't. This should've been up for a vote like the May Primary levies were.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:37 PM

202 posts, read 218,202 times
I thought it was funny came on the tail end of a project or two that had cost overruns, from what I heard. Now they can tell me that this money isn't going to cover that, but in the end, when the bills come due, it is one pie. It's kind a like that family member that borrow money for groceries and comes home with steak and seafood and tells you that they used your money for necessities and their money they already had for the nice stuff, which they wouldn't have been able to buy without your extra cash.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:07 AM

632 posts, read 831,145 times
Proztman/Falling Run/University Ave is getting paved this week.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:53 AM

75 posts, read 91,117 times
A large portion of West Run was just paved as well.

More projects on the way. The pothole repair vehicle is a godsend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown