Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2016, 08:37 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times

Advertisements

I still wish they would have done the 4 lane with barrier in the middle design with curb and side walks with roundabouts. Would have been the best option, but DOH does what it wants and probably a bunch of people wrote in to complain how they can't figure out how a circle with counter clockwise traffic works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 08:45 AM

491 posts, read 610,344 times
Spruce needs done next year. The city just needs to bite the bullet and do Grant also

Old 08-29-2016, 02:05 PM

202 posts, read 218,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I still wish they would have done the 4 lane with barrier in the middle design with curb and side walks with roundabouts. Would have been the best option, but DOH does what it wants and probably a bunch of people wrote in to complain how they can't figure out how a circle with counter clockwise traffic works.
Years into the mileground traffic circle still confuses some people. Some people I know still avoid it at all costs. Plus people in Morgantown don't know how to alternate merge. Its funny that when I lived in a bigger town people didn't fight so hard to prevent each other from merging into traffic.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akstout View Post
No, they are widening Easton Hill Road and straightening it over the next year. Summer 2017, the intersection with Point Marion Road will be closed for three weeks to raise the intersection up and re-align it. Following that in 2017, mileground road will be widened, with expected completion in summer 2018 (they're still working on acquiring the necessary right-of-ways and other legal work necessary before they can do widening). Attached is a map of the new Easton Hill Road, which should be open by July of 2017. The new road will be built with no traffic interruptions over the next year, and in June of next year, they will close the intersection, with the exception of 119 northbound traffic and Easton downhill traffic turning right to Eastin MILL Road. Traffic will be redirected straight, past Easton Hill, and on toward Stewartstown Road while the intersection work is being completed, over a three week period. They are taking all of the fill dirt necessary for the project from a plot of land adjacent to 119, so they won't have to transport the dirt very far, and I think the DOH official I spoke to even mentioned working at night. They are also putting an incentive/disincentive clause in the contract, essentially fining the company a hefty amount of money for every day they are late past the three weeks, and awarding more money for every day they are early.

http://www.transportation.wv.gov/hig...ts/Handout.pdf
I honestly though they were moving the road further than that. So other than having some extra lanes, the intersection will still be pretty much int he same sport. Without roundabouts I don't think this will have that great of a positive impact.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
The city apparently will be paving into possibly the first week of October. Apparently they wanted to start earlier but the milling machine was busy up until a couple weeks ago. They also apparently focused on more student heavy roads and then worked their way towards more family neighbor hood type roads, but like I said they are behind due to equipment.

As far as mile ground, apparently easton hill was supposed to be this year but at some point DOH changed completion of easton hill to next year.
I'm not saying you are incorrect and are probably just giving us what the city told you, but I'll believe that they will pave the rest of the streets when I see it. I remember someone from the city government went on record saying they were going to pave high impact areas first, to show everyone just how well their money was being spent. Of course they went an paved downtown first, and a couple other areas where the vast majority of user fee payers don't go. I'm glad it got done, but I don't trust them do do what they said they will do with the money.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:05 PM

193 posts, read 281,864 times
I still think that of you cant drive through a traffic circle then you probably don't deserve a driver's license.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:45 PM

491 posts, read 610,344 times
What is the DOh doing at Exit 7?

Old 08-29-2016, 06:22 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
We were up this past weekend and drove by it. It looks like they're adding a second left-hand turn lane, something that is sorely overdue.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:59 PM

891 posts, read 1,053,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
I still think that of you cant drive through a traffic circle then you probably don't deserve a driver's license.
I can, but to be fair, it was not taught in Driver's Ed when I took it in 1999, just somethin you kinda figure out on your own.......funny thing is though, parallel parking was a major emphasis in Driver's Ed, and of course in the Driving tests, but Ive never had to parallel park since in the real world....but I agree, whether you were taught or not, if you cant figure it out, probably shouldnt be drivin....

Old 08-29-2016, 06:59 PM

75 posts, read 118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
Definitely adding additional turn lanes... Looks like 2 left and 2 right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown