Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 PM

256 posts, read 664,456 times

Advertisements

Cold enough that when I went outside today in the 20 degree weather, I thought it was beautiful. To a lot of people from other states, I would be insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 11:50 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
30 degrees felt tropical yesterday. The wind felt like a summer's breeze. Now it's back into the deep freeze, -10 with -40 wind chill. Gotta love Minnesota.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:20 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
I literally almost died in the blizzard today. I was out running errands and got buried in the hellacious snow -- even the tow trucks couldn't get to me, so I had to call 9-1-1.My car is still buried in the MIDDLE OF A FRIGGIN' STREET, where it will rest until this expletive deleted blizzard dies down. Not to mention the expletive temperature is -10. I'm from Michigan, so I'm more than used to the snow and "blizzard warnings." I never knew winter could be like this. Hell on earth. They sent a friggin' rescue crew out to pull my stupid butt of the snow (sorry for wasting your tax dollars with my idiocy). I am so over this friggin' state. Moving ASAP. See ya later!

Old 12-11-2010, 04:03 PM

256 posts, read 664,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I literally almost died in the blizzard today. I was out running errands and got buried in the hellacious snow -- even the tow trucks couldn't get to me, so I had to call 9-1-1.My car is still buried in the MIDDLE OF A FRIGGIN' STREET, where it will rest until this expletive deleted blizzard dies down. Not to mention the expletive temperature is -10. I'm from Michigan, so I'm more than used to the snow and "blizzard warnings." I never knew winter could be like this. Hell on earth. They sent a friggin' rescue crew out to pull my stupid butt of the snow (sorry for wasting your tax dollars with my idiocy). I am so over this friggin' state. Moving ASAP. See ya later!
I stayed at home drinking hot chocolate and watched National Lampoon's Christmas. Sorry, I shouldn't rub it in. I'd probably feel the same way if I would have had to work today, because my car is NOT made for more than about an inch of snow. Of course, I live in West Central MN, 2 hours away from the cities, and a large majority of roads are closed and complete whiteout. Sorry you had a bad day--I'm actually kind of excited about this winter. I think it might finally be shaping up to be an "Old Fashioned Minnesota Winter" that I've heard about for years from my families, but never got to see myself.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:08 PM

481 posts, read 1,817,445 times
What are you doing running errands on a day like this? Don't you get blizzards in Michigan?

I ran my chores yesterday and stayed inside today. I'm part Lapp (Norwegian version of Eskimo). I rarely wear a jacket unless its under 20 and even then its unzipped because I feel too warm. I've been out voluntarily in 99 below windchills, shopping, and didn't feel the worse for it. I tramped through the Halloween blizzard a mile to get home in knee deep snow after the buses stopped running. I catch myself forgetting to put on gloves in 10 below weather. I know this kind of weather. It doesn't phase me.

Today I stayed home. You have to know when to stop.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:32 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,062,282 times
Lol I went shopping for several hours today, it was fun !

Old 12-11-2010, 07:33 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Your moving out of Mankato? Or were you just kidding?

Old 12-11-2010, 08:11 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,350,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Lol I went shopping for several hours today, it was fun !
Are you aware that there are snow emergencies in southern Minnesota, including Mankato? Not a day to be out for anything other than emergencies.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
Are you aware that there are snow emergencies in southern Minnesota, including Mankato? Not a day to be out for anything other than emergencies.
Went to the mall for a few hours, gas station, walmart and sams club. St. Cloud wasn't all that bad, didn't get as much snow as Mankato. Mankato is also very hilly. I have an aunt that currently lives in Mankato and has lived there for around 30 years, and my parents lived there for a couple years back in the late 80s. My dad also had to go to work this morning. Just drive carefully and you'll be fine, I saw a car in the ditch, and tons of people carelessly speeding, etc. Maybe if people learned to drive they wouldn't run into the ditch and get in crashes.
I also enjoy ridiculously cold weather and I was out for like 30 minutes brushing snow off our vehicles.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:51 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,191,122 times
It's -5 in my neck of the woods with a -20 wind chill. BRRRR
I lived in CA for a short time, and people would ask me how cold it can get. I would give something close to the above as an example. They would look at me with a blank stare and say " What's a wind chill?" My response? " I hate you" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota