Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 08:37 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
thanks for the nomination for lamest post of the week! I’ll return the favor by nominating you for biggest overreaction!
No kidding! Someone needs a pee filter for their Cheerios!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 06:02 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,034,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTraveler View Post
Awww, see, this is why I love Minnesota. The residents are all so supportive and helpful and such.

@Ghengis, yes, I --will-- make it to April. I deserve
April. *glares*

Anyway, I don't think I said that I was considering leaving. I don't think you understood the post. I said that winter was grating on me, yet I know the answer to the question of why I'm here. Weather is not going to be the determining factor in where I live.

There are plenty of people here who don't like winter; I can't go a day without hearing complaints about it from people who have lived here forever or their whole lives. So I don't think one has to like winter to live here. Assuming they have the option to move, maybe they just have to be tolerant of it or like everything else more than they dislike winter.
If Winter is already wearing on you, then it appears that you should consider moving. I get that MN has many great aspects about it besides winter (in your opinion), but tolerating something you can't handle at its soft stage will burn you out by the time real winter shows up. We want you to be happy and apparently you aren't. You would not have made a thread dedicated to winter if you weren't already tired of it.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:37 AM

871 posts, read 1,087,889 times
Quote:
I don't think you understood the post. I said that winter was grating on me, yet I know the answer to the question of why I'm here. Weather is not going to be the determining factor in where I live.

I'm sorry to see that people steadfastly refuse to absorb what you actually are saying in your posts.

Winter grates on me, too. There's nothing wrong in saying it. I agree with you that it isn't the determining factor in where I live, and I don't think there's anything wrong in voicing that it is a difficult season to endure.

Fellow Minnesotans: as cold as it gets here, perhaps some of us still need to learn to chill out.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:53 PM

225 posts, read 211,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
If Winter is already wearing on you, then it appears that you should consider moving.
I considered moving (very thoroughly) already. And I moved to Minneapolis.

Quote:
I get that MN has many great aspects about it besides winter (in your opinion), but tolerating something you can't handle at its soft stage will burn you out by the time real winter shows up.
If I were you I wouldn't be so confident in this prediction. I hate high heat more than anything yet I lived in the Deep South for the better part of a decade. Trust me, I got this.

Quote:
We want you to be happy and apparently you aren't.
Not being happy with winter =/= not being happy in general. I'm not sure why but it seems that people on this subforum have a hard time understanding that a person can dislike one part of a whole without disliking it all.

My thinking is not black and white like that. Every city has issues. I'm not going anywhere.

Quote:
You would not have made a thread dedicated to winter if you weren't already tired of it.
...I made this thread?

This is why I'm not sure the reading of commenters here is up to par. Somehow you confused the usernames "Izzie1213" and "LeTraveler".

Old 11-30-2018, 04:54 PM

225 posts, read 211,296 times
Thedosius, thank you. You're always on it; I'll never doubt your comprehension.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:26 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,034,754 times
Quote:
I considered moving (very thoroughly) already. And I moved to Minneapolis.

If I were you I wouldn't be so confident in this prediction. I hate high heat more than anything yet I lived in the Deep South for the better part of a decade. Trust me, I got this.

Not being happy with winter =/= not being happy in general. I'm not sure why but it seems that people on this subforum have a hard time understanding that a person can dislike one part of a whole without disliking it all.

My thinking is not black and white like that. Every city has issues. I'm not going anywhere.

...I made this thread?

This is why I'm not sure the reading of commenters here is up to par. Somehow you confused the usernames "Izzie1213" and "LeTraveler".
Shot from the hip a bit. Sorry about the name mix up. I hope you can learn to eventually love the winter. I guess I could not imagine living somewhere hating a certain season.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:13 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
I don't think there is any shame in realizing that the weather is wearing on you. Moving from MN doesn't mean you dislike the state or that you are disowning it. As others mentioned, one can grow tired of many climates after enough years, and some times a change is necessary, if nothing else.... Then you know and you won't be left wondering year after year.

Obviously a move needs to take in many factors, and even though it's a lot of work, you can always move back. And if you made that decision you couldn't help but to have more gratitude than the first time living there.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:02 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times
Op here. Ok today was a better day, pretty snow a bit warmer, still not my favorite but season. If it lasted two months I would be happy but it does drag on too long.

A little back back round. Lived here most of my 50 something years except 7 in Dallas/Ft Worth. So grass is always greener thing, I missed the seasons and family and the state so moved back. Absolutely no intentions of moving. Except if I won the lottery I would snowbird in Florida Keys and become a part time Parrot Head ..Changes in Attitude, Changes in Latitude....

Good Day everyone!!!! Sorry, ya know, wouldn't be a Minnesotan if I didn't complain about the weather every once in a while. I did complain about the horrendous long hot season in Texas and that they needed more cold weather to kill off the fleas.

Last edited by Izzie1213; 12-01-2018 at 07:29 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 12:07 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Op here. Ok today was a better day, pretty snow a bit warmer, still not my favorite but season. If it lasted two months I would be happy but it does drag on too long.

A little back back round. Lived here most of my 50 something years except 7 in Dallas/Ft Worth. So grass is always greener thing, I missed the seasons and family and the state so moved back. Absolutely no intentions of moving. Except if I won the lottery I would snowbird in Florida Keys and become a part time Parrot Head ..Changes in Attitude, Changes in Latitude....

Good Day everyone!!!! Sorry, ya know, wouldn't be a Minnesotan if I didn't complain about the weather every once in a while. I did complain about the horrendous long hot season in Texas and that they needed more cold weather to kill off the fleas.
whenever the grip of winter starts getting to be too much, grab your scraper and shovel and go out and clear off some snow...down to the pavement.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:10 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Uh huh.

Let's see what the article says...

My goodness! At least 13 crashes in a county of 3.4 million people!

In 2017, there were on average 215 crashes daily in Minnesota. Given that about half the state is in the Metro Area, that's somewhere north of 100 just in the Metro. Those crashes are probably disproportionately concentrated during the commutes for rather obvious reasons. Even on a clear summer weekday, there are probably more than a dozen crashes during the rush hours (the Twin Cities has roughly the same population as San Diego County). Undoubtedly the rate rises when it rains.
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ots/rep...0in%202017.pdf

Yours might be the lamest post I've stumbled across today. No, make that this week.
LMAO. I think you forgot the " rules of Minnesota"!
You are ONLY supposed to say or post that Minnesota is perfect!
NO other state has ANYTHING good that even comes close to Minnesota!
Minnesota must NEVER be criticized!
Minnesota is the ONLY state that does or has ANYTHING good!
If the other 49 States became the Garden of Eden, they STILL wouldn't be as good as Minnesota!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota