Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 06:56 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,754,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
In all honesty do you view the two matters as an apples to apples comparison?
No, not apples to apples, too many variables. Franken's case appears to be a lot more sadistic. Also, to be fair, in Franken's case we have evidence and Franken has admitted he's ashamed of what he did.

In Moore's case we don't have evidence and Moore continues to deny the charges. If Moore was hot after a 14 y/o, that's a game changer obviously. If Moore was 32 y/o asking 17 & 18 y/o's out on dates though, I think that's less disturbing than what Franken did.

At the end of the day not much has changed. Franken is an entitled bully & Moore is a religious kook. I knew these things before their scandals. The people who support Franken & Moore are going to continue to back their guys because party is more important than people to most people these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 06:59 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,754,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
The picture shows Franken in a derogatory, groping action against a sleeping Tweeden (so definitely not part of a comedy skit). Worse than an off color joke.
Remember he did this AFTER Tweeden had pushed him off of her, warned him never to try something like that again, refused to speak to him the rest of the tour & refused to be in the same room with him. Given those circumstances, you'd think he would have been on his best behavior right? Instead he took the first opportunity to humiliate her some more & then published the pic without her knowledge to reinforce his dominance over her and to remind her how powerless she was against him.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:22 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,775,165 times
I was recently at target and saw Al Franken's book, 'Al Franken Giant of the Senate' by Al Franken. First thought, odd name for a book written by oneself. Second thought, "why is it only 30% off?"

Old 11-20-2017, 08:09 AM

7,735 posts, read 6,479,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Obviously this pic was intended to be his brand of comedy. He and his buddies thought it would be funny to simulate groping a hot woman who was unable to say "no" and get it on film so they could laugh about it whenever they chose. Locker room humor.

What's far more disturbing is what he did to her regarding the unwanted kiss. That woman was not in a skit for the USO show, but Franken decided to write her into a one. Opposite himself of course. Then he wrote in a kiss with her. Would he have written in a kiss if she was a he? Or if she was unattractive? How many other kisses did he write into the skits? Was it just coincidental that she's a model and a former Playmate? Then he insisted on rehearsing the skit with her. Then he insisted on rehearsing the kiss, which would be very unusual for something as light and silly as a USO skit. She told him on multiple occasions that she was uncomfortable with that and continued pressuring her. She finally relented and agree to rehearse the kiss. What did Franken do? He aggressively grabbed her by the head and mashed his mouth onto hers, then jammed his tongue down her throat. She described having to "push him off of me" and how she ran to the bathroom to wash the taste of him out of her mouth, feeling violated and abused.

The pic was in bad taste. Like I said, locker room humor. The kiss though, showed a predatory side to Franken. That didn't just happen, he went to great lengths to write a scene for her, to argue repeatedly that she HAD to rehearse the kiss with him and then to aggressively grab her head, jam his tongue down her throat and have to be pushed off of her. Not a stupid joke in bad taste.
Yea, I agree, the kiss was more concerning then the photo. What is concerning about the photo though, is that she was asleep and she has no idea if he actually felt her up.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:59 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,721,463 times
Uh-oh.
Woman says Al Franken inappropriately touched her in 2010 - CNNPolitics

Old 11-20-2017, 05:30 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
sounds like dad and husband were present, why didn't they say or do anything at the time? oh, and nice job protecting your daughter and wife from the lecherous cad too, should have called the state fair coppers and protect who knows how many more victims too come...now it's all about looking for a payday.

...am I doing this right?

Old 11-20-2017, 06:27 PM

20,165 posts, read 9,060,402 times

grabbing her butt while he was a Senator? bye bye Al baby

Old 11-20-2017, 07:22 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,388,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
No, not apples to apples, too many variables. Franken's case appears to be a lot more sadistic. Also, to be fair, in Franken's case we have evidence and Franken has admitted he's ashamed of what he did.

In Moore's case we don't have evidence and Moore continues to deny the charges. If Moore was hot after a 14 y/o, that's a game changer obviously. If Moore was 32 y/o asking 17 & 18 y/o's out on dates though, I think that's less disturbing than what Franken did.

At the end of the day not much has changed. Franken is an entitled bully & Moore is a religious kook. I knew these things before their scandals. The people who support Franken & Moore are going to continue to back their guys because party is more important than people to most people these days.
This allegation is another game-changer for Moore:
Beverly Young Nelson. Born in 1961. Nelson was 16 when she worked at a restaurant called Old Hickory House in 1977. Moore, she said during a news conference this week, was a regular customer who, at one point, signed her high school yearbook. On one evening, he offered her a ride home. Nelson alleges that he instead drove behind the restaurant and assaulted her. Moore was 30.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...nst-roy-moore/

Old 11-20-2017, 09:30 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,224,500 times
NOT excited about who would replace Franken though, as much as I don't care for him he might be better than Ellison, who seems to be the front runner.

So sick of this, I hope men in power start to get the message. Heck even men not in power LOL. They are not free to do this anymore. It will all be revealed sooner or later.

Again, not a Trump supporter.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:54 AM

83 posts, read 75,785 times
Can't help but feel disappointed in this. I wish people would just keep their hands to themselves. Maybe things will change from this, but I doubt it. I wonder if all the finger pointing is done for political reasons and not because of the hurt and shame being caused to the victims? So tired of all this. Come on, people, keep your hands to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota