Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 05:40 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,529,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Obviously this pic was intended to be his brand of comedy. He and his buddies thought it would be funny to simulate groping a hot woman who was unable to say "no" and get it on film so they could laugh about it whenever they chose. Locker room humor.

What's far more disturbing is what he did to her regarding the unwanted kiss. That woman was not in a skit for the USO show, but Franken decided to write her into a one. Opposite himself of course. Then he wrote in a kiss with her. Would he have written in a kiss if she was a he? Or if she was unattractive? How many other kisses did he write into the skits? Was it just coincidental that she's a model and a former Playmate? Then he insisted on rehearsing the skit with her. Then he insisted on rehearsing the kiss, which would be very unusual for something as light and silly as a USO skit. She told him on multiple occasions that she was uncomfortable with that and continued pressuring her. She finally relented and agree to rehearse the kiss. What did Franken do? He aggressively grabbed her by the head and mashed his mouth onto hers, then jammed his tongue down her throat. She described having to "push him off of me" and how she ran to the bathroom to wash the taste of him out of her mouth, feeling violated and abused.

The pic was in bad taste. Like I said, locker room humor. The kiss though, showed a predatory side to Franken. That didn't just happen, he went to great lengths to write a scene for her, to argue repeatedly that she HAD to rehearse the kiss with him and then to aggressively grab her head, jam his tongue down her throat and have to be pushed off of her. Not a stupid joke in bad taste.
I do not agree with you on your views of you saying locker room behavior regarding the picture.
This women was sleeping when he did this. She was totally vulnerable while sleeping.
This happened in 2002. Franken was 51 years old when he did this. Not some immature young boy. Not saying that would be right .
I agree with you on the other incident being predatory.
To me both were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 05:42 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,529,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Time for Franken to resign. He showed no remorse and joked about it, mocking her as is his way.

Franken repaid me with petty insults, including drawing devil horns on at least one of the headshots I was autographing for the troops.

Many of us have known for a long time what a P.O.S. Franken is and now the whole world knows.
Yes, it is time for him to.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:06 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,210,069 times
I am a democrat and believe he will and should resign. Am guessing it will happen after his tax bill vote. At the very least he will not run for re-election. He would embarrass himself IMO. He was clearly wrong and there should not be double standards.

It is a sure bet IMO that there will be new threads or old threads resurrected about Donald Trump and his 19 accusers, too. No double standards, right?

Old 11-16-2017, 06:13 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,210,069 times
Both parties will more thoroughly vet their candidates for President and Congress from now on IMO. That is probably a no brainer at this point. Women mean business this time. There is more support from guys this time, too. This will no longer be tolerated. Guys that engage in this behavior cannot sweep it under the rug any longer or be saved by the passage of time.

Let's hope that Al Franken does the right thing and resigns soon. It's possible he may wait for the investigation to conclude. Can't imagine it taking that long. There is already that picture and he basically confessed and apologized.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:00 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,604,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
seems sincere enough with his apology unlike the Dotard-in-Chief
Quit hiding the picture. Let me see it.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:00 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,353,566 times
His stab at humor? As with anything I've ever seen by him - not funny. I don't care if she's wearing a flack vest, him putting his hands on her like that is creepy at best. How is it even legal?

Old 11-17-2017, 12:10 AM

3,903 posts, read 4,556,211 times
Al Franken is absolutely disgusting.

https://youtu.be/fJOAGILeiAY

Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,397,498 times
I don’t even close to equate this to what Roy Moore is accused of. I’m not making excuses for Franken but I’d think differently about this if it had happened during the time he was serving as senator....however it didn’t. It happened while he was working as a professional comedian when pushing the limits and being politically incorrect is part of the job description. It’s disappointing and inappropriate but at the end of the day low on the severity scale.

I’d be shocked if this caused him to resign.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:52 AM

871 posts, read 1,091,107 times
Bloated Orange Garbage, with his 14 credible accusations of sexual assault, had the gall to weigh in-

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.823365

I guess he's making the safe bet that people who still support him are too stupid to care.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:02 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,397,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
Bloated Orange Garbage, with his 14 credible accusations of sexual assault, had the gall to weigh in-

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.823365

I guess he's making the safe bet that people who still support him are too stupid to care.
His tweets have made me more inclined to defend Al. I didn’t vote for Sen. Franken in the 2008 election but he has since grown on me like a pesky foot fungus. I still don’t love the guy but this childish and foolish charade aside, he has been an above average member of the senate for the last 9 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota