Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 08:18 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,489,702 times

Advertisements

I see President I-Was-Caught-On-Video-Gloating-About-How-I-Like-To-Grab-Them-By-The-You-Know-What-But-All-My-Accusers-Are-Liars is pontificating about Franken this morning. He's still silent about Moore, though.

I'm not at all surprised that Trump, who has both the attention span and the impulse control of a squirrel, was unable to recognize and deploy the obvious wise tack for him on this particular Achilles heel issue of his, which is to just remain silent.

It is refreshing to see that the DFL in Minnesota hasn't utterly embarrassed itself they way the Alabama GOP has. Admittedly, that's a shockingly low bar to clear. Rebecca Otto and Erin Murphy have both called for Franken to resign. Conversely, in Alabama the responses have ranged from FAYK NUZ! to I SUPPORT HIM 100% EVEN IF IT'S ALL TRUE and I TRUST VLADIMER PUTIN A THOUSAND TIMES MORE THAN I TRUST THE WASHINGTON POST. Not sure what Putin has to do with it all, but I guess the bromance with the ex-KGB autocrat extends down to Trump's base.

And I remain in agreement with Otto and Murphy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 09:03 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,529,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Both parties will more thoroughly vet their candidates for President and Congress from now on IMO. That is probably a no brainer at this point. Women mean business this time. There is more support from guys this time, too. This will no longer be tolerated. Guys that engage in this behavior cannot sweep it under the rug any longer or be saved by the passage of time.

Let's hope that Al Franken does the right thing and resigns soon. It's possible he may wait for the investigation to conclude. Can't imagine it taking that long. There is already that picture and he basically confessed and apologized.
I believe it would make a huge impact if guys didn't sweep it under the rug anymore and support women around this. And they called out the guys that prey on women AND children.

Likewise for th females that turn a blind eye when they know their boyfriend, son, husbands are doing this.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:46 AM

871 posts, read 1,091,107 times
I'd be curious how many senators and how many house members are going to be taken down by past incidents like this. It seems to me like a logjam has broken and now that women are being listened to (relatively) more will come forward with their experiences. Since power seems to loosen people's inhibitions, and Washington is full of powerful (predominately) men away from home, I think we all know that more politicians are going to be implicated in scandals over the next weeks/months/years.

The times they are a-changin'. This form of abuse of power is less accepted by society.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:17 PM

810 posts, read 853,772 times
if he should resign then the D bag in the WH should be the first along with all the other politicians doing the same thing. Franken was a comedian before becoming a politician yes it was in poor taste but so is the stuff that about 95 of other comedians do but everyone laughs ha ha so freaking funny.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:15 PM

Wow:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders: "Senator Franken has admitted wrongdoing and the president hasn’t; I think that’s a very clear distinction,” she continued."

As long as you lie, deny, and attack your accusers, you should get away with sexual assault scot-free.

White House: Difference between Franken, Trump allegations is Franken 'admitted wrongdoing' | TheHill

Old 11-17-2017, 04:15 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,228,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
Franken was a comedian before becoming a politician yes it was in poor taste but so is the stuff that about 95 of other comedians do but everyone laughs ha ha so freaking funny.
That's right I forgot, if it's a COMEDIAN then it's ok. Or a previous comedian it's ok. Or a democrat it's ok. Just wanted to get that straight.

Disclaimer, I am not a Trump supporter.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:27 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,728,803 times
Based on what I have learned about some posters’ politics this all broke down along very predictable party lines. How predictable.

Hollywood is obviously a moral cesspool and has been for a long, long time. And we all know that power corrupts. I think the behavior of all of them- Moore, Franken, Trump, Menendez et al — is reprehensible, but they were duly elected unless they did something illegal they should be allowed to continue in office. If the people want to make this sort of behavior a barrier to office they can do so at the ballot box. We knew what Trump and Franken were like (watch the tape, read the book) and the voters of Alabama know all about Roy Moore. They made or will make their choice and it was not/ will not be uninformed.

They would not be the first scoundrels to hold office in this country, even its highest office.

If you are looking to Hollywood or Washington for moral leadership, you are looking in the wrong places.

Last edited by Glenfield; 11-17-2017 at 05:37 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 05:33 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,757,654 times
Listening to her talk today, I became more disturbed with the picture now & the dominicance over her he was trying to display.

Franken basically stalked her, sexualized her by writing her into a skit so he could kiss her, repeatedly demanded they rehearse the kiss against her protests and finally grabbed her by the head, jammed his tongue down her throat & forced her to push him off of her (no kiss should end with one person having to push the other off of them.). Anyone can understand how she'd feel violated an victimized after that.

Now here's what's disturbing me more now that I've had time to reflect on it....she was so mad that she screamed at him & warned if it ever happened again she wouldn't be so nice the next time. Then she went out of her way to not speak to, or even be near Franken the rest of the tour. Franken obviously knew how upset she was. He had to have known she was avoiding him. He had to have known what he'd done was wrong. So, what did he do? Apologize? Give her some space? No, he waited for her to fall asleep on the plane ride home & then simulated/grabbed her breasts with a big "ha, ha, woman, you can't stop me" smile on his face, had someone take a picture & then released it to the media without her knowledge. That's not a dumb spur-of-the-moment mistake. He knew he was in hot water with her and had to have known how angry she would be about the pic. She only found out about the pic when he released it publicly. What kind of a person does that to a woman?

Old 11-17-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Based on what I have learned about some posters’ politics this all broke down along very predictable party lines. How predictable.
The forum is crying out for someone above it all, unbiased- dare I say, pristine? Know anyone?

Old 11-17-2017, 06:23 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,728,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
The forum is crying out for someone above it all, unbiased- dare I say, pristine? Know anyone?
Yes. He lived 2,000 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota