Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:38 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,682,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
So we might be getting a brand new stadium that will still rank last in the NFL for tailgating experience?
How's your crystal ball? Maybe you can give me Tuesday's Powerball Numbers while you're at it.

I don't get why you say that? Then you go on to post a link to how downtown St. Louis' Stadium hasn't met expectations? Downtown MPLS isn't downtown St. Louis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 10:06 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,237,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
How's your crystal ball? Maybe you can give me Tuesday's Powerball Numbers while you're at it.

I don't get why you say that? Then you go on to post a link to how downtown St. Louis' Stadium hasn't met expectations? Downtown MPLS isn't downtown St. Louis.
I don't need a crystal ball to know that the location/site is part of the reason that the current stadium sucks.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
I don't need a crystal ball to know that the location/site is part of the reason that the current stadium sucks.
certainly you can't deny that the Metrodome location directly lead to the development of Hubert's can you? are you willing to stiffle the momentum that has slowly been building on that corner over the past 30 years!

Last edited by Ghengis; 02-20-2012 at 10:53 AM..

Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,682,930 times
Quote:
The Vikings dont support or even promote tailgating like other teams. Plus it gets cold as heck out in the winter here so not everyone is some crazy outdoorsman tht doesn't mind the outdoors . As a fan I'd rather have a really good seat at the game or right on my warm couch with Sunday ticket, not paying an arm and a leg to go freeze my butt off dt mpls or Arden hills. I cann however assure you that the stadium guys realize and understand the importance of the revenue that tailgating can generate. Just like licensing and box suites

Old 02-28-2012, 10:43 PM

413 posts, read 764,477 times
As far as the BC place situation goes, there's another major issue. Seating capacity.
The renovation in Vancouver reduced seating capacity by around 7000 seats. Doing that here would result in the smallest NFL stadium by 5000 seats (the dome is already the fourth smallest). That would be unacceptable to the NFL. It's the same reason people who say that the Bills will move to Toronto don't know what they're talking about, since Rogers Centre only holds around 52,000 for football, which is too small for the NFL.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:28 PM

434 posts, read 552,797 times
I think they should go all out with the new stadium. Put the biggest stadium in the country right in downtown Minneapolis. They could get a hundred and ten thousand people in there for a Vikings game if they did it right.

Maybe attach a high rise hotel that could have rooms on one side with views of the field. That would be a moneymaker. A few hundred bucks to get a hotel room for a couple nights that you could watch the game from. They could use revenues from those rooms on gameday to help pay for the stadium.

I would even attach a big parking garage that would have plenty of room for tailgaiting on the roof. Then they could walk to the new stadium through a skyway like at the Target Center.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
^ something like that would be cool! but a 110,000 seat stadium doesn't belong in DT Mpls
Look at Estadio Azteca and Cowboys Stadium both outside the major city

Old 02-29-2012, 05:33 PM

434 posts, read 552,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
^ something like that would be cool! but a 110,000 seat stadium doesn't belong in DT Mpls
Look at Estadio Azteca and Cowboys Stadium both outside the major city

I was thinking they could find room for something like this in either downtown Saint Paul or Minneapolis. I also thought that somewhere along University Avenue along midway would be ok.

Is there room at the fairgrounds? That might be a good spot

Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,997 times
Vikings stadium deal to be announced Thursday | StarTribune.com

Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 AM

989 posts, read 2,963,003 times
I think they will call it the Swiss Cheese Stadium cause the entire deal is full of holes. Seems like they really need to figure a few things out like the voter referendum thing and the extension of tax for convention center, then hammer out a deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota