Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2023, 01:19 PM

65 posts, read 44,305 times

Advertisements

To be clear and fair, perhaps those buyers of those condos and houses didn't have this crap going on when they purchased?

I just think that most of these people/animals should be banned or arrested, then jailed.

Some FL county SHERIFFs would NOT put up with this krap, one sheriff I know is Grady Judd, cities run by elected officials that are weak-kneed apologists for bad behavior deserve what they get in their towns and cities. In several other counties, deputies and other LE will shoot you dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2023, 01:26 PM

323 posts, read 260,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eda_Pimentel View Post
To be clear and fair, perhaps those buyers of those condos and houses didn't have this crap going on when they purchased?

I just think that most of these people/animals should be banned or arrested, then jailed.

Some FL county SHERIFFs would NOT put up with this krap, one sheriff I know is Grady Judd, cities run by elected officials that are weak-kneed apologists for bad behavior deserve what they get in their towns and cities. In several other counties, deputies and other LE will shoot you dead.
Agreed. It's crazy how the above poster espouses the idea that people shouldn't buy property in a beautiful beach community because there may be a criminal element.

It shows how far logic has gone out the window in this country. It's the criminal element that must be removed, not the homeowners.

It's sad to see what's happened to beautiful South Beach during spring break and other holidays.

I remember going to SoBe back in 2009/2010.... What a time!!

Now people are getting executed on Ocean Drive.

Old 03-21-2023, 02:42 PM

All you have to do is look at, and examine closely the kind and type of person/animal visiting, drinking, doing/selling drugs, jumping on parked vehicles NOW than the folks visiting/partying over 10 years ago. That should explain the root cause of the social/moral climate NOW. It does for me and many of my family and associates because we're not blind.

Old 03-21-2023, 03:10 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgreen View Post
So then don't own a condo in South Beach

Never understood the logic behind people that choose to live in places like Miami and then complain about the element it attracts.
This isn't the hood in Miami. It's South Beach which is very different area all together. The decline of SoBe has been happening for many many years and nothing is being done about it. These incidents being shown on national TV are repeated every year. Restaurants and business actually close several times a year because they don't want to deal with the crowd that these events attract.

The last time I went to SoBe (which was well over 20 years ago) I had a BOTTLE thrown at me by a black guy because I didn't pay attention to his cat calling of "hey white B". Luckily cops were right there and he was arrested.

Old 03-21-2023, 03:13 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:

No, they didn't have this when they purchased. That's why this is such a major issue with the owners for years. I know people who work in SoBe as FFs and cops. After Covid, it literally was like the wild, wild west with multiple shootings, stabbings, etc happening EVERY DAY.

Enough is enough.

Old 03-21-2023, 07:13 PM

323 posts, read 260,427 times
Quote:
All you have to do is look at, and examine closely the kind and type of person/animal visiting, drinking, doing/selling drugs, jumping on parked vehicles NOW than the folks visiting/partying over 10 years ago. That should explain the root cause of the social/moral climate NOW. It does for me and many of my family and associates because we're not blind.
Yup, the demographics completely changed from 10 - 15 years ago. And in this woke era where every uncomfortable truth is labelled as racist, it's hard for cops/politicians to affect change.

But we know...

Hopefully this country can regain its sanity, and places like SoBe can be returned to normal... We'll see though...

Old 03-24-2023, 07:40 AM

well...hmmm....we DO have "American nationals" that are undesirable thugs ! turn on your TV /cable broadcast, open your eyes and see for yourself - better yet, look at the facts of who is actually getting arrested by cops, jailed, or getting shot or who's doing the shootings.

Who are the promulgaters of most of the violent acts? Foreign born populations in MB??

Laughable ! open your mind too - yeah right "don't believe your lying eyes"

@Forest Green

In another forum you clearly stated the folowing:

"Violence is the only thing some if not most people respond to, because you simply cannot reason with someone that is being intentionally unreasonable."

Old 03-24-2023, 09:49 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgreen View Post
With that said, as far as you know the vast majority of people that come down here for spring break are only here to enjoy themselves and aren't causing any trouble.
...and they aren't in the news for trashing businesses, destroying property, jumping on cars, murder.....and assassinating people

only one element is in the news for that

Old 03-24-2023, 09:58 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
State needs to outlaw spring break jake.

Old 03-24-2023, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
State needs to outlaw spring break jake.
Correct > but it seems OBVIOUS which group of thugs are responsible for 0ver 90% of the violent acts including shootings etc. There should no need to paper-over what any rational, sober person can see with their own eyes on TV, the social media and in POLICE DOCUMENTS - they aren't Asian criminals, they aren't hispanic criminals, they aren't anglo criminals, they ARE (mainly) black thugs and miscreants that aren't on college spring break. If this observation is NOT TRUE, show me proof/documentation/reference to the CONTRARY and I will gladly stand corrected - easy! I'm waiting @ FORESTGREEN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami