Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:18 PM

39 posts, read 132,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK321 View Post
I travel a lot to South Florida for work. What are the "dangerous" areas I should avoid in and around Miami? Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks!
TK

pretty much all of miami is dangerous lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 08:57 PM

49 posts, read 172,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce backer View Post
pretty much all of miami is dangerous lol
yes the cuban coffee is hazardous to your heart rate

Old 10-24-2009, 10:57 PM

261 posts, read 703,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickgrits View Post
I don't think the information is accurate because i searched overtown and it didnt have the shooting a few days ago that killed 2 or the shooting at that party that claimed 2 or any deaths ive seen from overtown in the news lately.
I believe that it takes awhile for the information to be posted, as I've done similar searches. Since it happened just a few days ago, and the investigation is still ongoing, the M.E.'s Office probably hasn't completed the report, hence it doesn't appear on the map.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:58 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Everywhere in South FL is dangerous to a certain degree, even the nicer areas. That said, I am comfortable walking in most places including Miami/Dade. And I am white.

The areas I would absolutely not be caught dead in walking alone at night are:

Dade:
-Opa-Locka- By far the worst neighborhood in South FL, specifically the NW 27th Avenue corridor around Ali-Baba and the railroad tracks. There are neighborhoods there that look like scenes from the movie "Escape from New York". Entire neighborhoods with windows busted out, graphitti on buildings, and gangs roaming the streets. This is where they shoot at the police from buildingtops.
-The Triangle just east of Opa-Locka where 95, the Turnpike, and the Palmetto merge
-Miami Gardens/Carol City
-Little Haiti
-Overtown
-Brownsville area from the Airport Expressway northwards along 441 corridor and MLK area
-most of the Northwestern quadrant of Miami; although Hialeah isn't too bad and Miami Lakes is nice

Broward:
-Sistrunk- worst neighborhood in broward
-most of Fort Lauderdale between the FL Turnpike and US1, from Oakland Park down to Broward Blvd.
-some parts of Lauderhill and Lauderdale Lakes; although this area isn't as bad as ppl make it seem.
-Pompano Beach (west of US1)
-much of East Hollywood from US1 west to 95

By the way, whoever says Plantation is an idiot. Plantation might be the nicest suburb in Broward aside from Weston and Parkland.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 PM

49 posts, read 172,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Everywhere in South FL is dangerous to a certain degree, even the nicer areas. That said, I am comfortable walking in most places including Miami/Dade. And I am white.

The areas I would absolutely not be caught dead in walking alone at night are:

Dade:
-Opa-Locka- By far the worst neighborhood in South FL, specifically the NW 27th Avenue corridor around Ali-Baba and the railroad tracks. There are neighborhoods there that look like scenes from the movie "Escape from New York". Entire neighborhoods with windows busted out, graphitti on buildings, and gangs roaming the streets. This is where they shoot at the police from buildingtops.
-The Triangle just east of Opa-Locka where 95, the Turnpike, and the Palmetto merge
-Miami Gardens/Carol City
-Little Haiti
-Overtown
-Brownsville area from the Airport Expressway northwards along 441 corridor and MLK area
-most of the Northwestern quadrant of Miami; although Hialeah isn't too bad and Miami Lakes is nice

Broward:
-Sistrunk- worst neighborhood in broward
-most of Fort Lauderdale between the FL Turnpike and US1, from Oakland Park down to Broward Blvd.
-some parts of Lauderhill and Lauderdale Lakes; although this area isn't as bad as ppl make it seem.
-Pompano Beach (west of US1)
-much of East Hollywood from US1 west to 95

By the way, whoever says Plantation is an idiot. Plantation might be the nicest suburb in Broward aside from Weston and Parkland.

are you sure you're not getting the opa locka triangle and opa locka confused?

Old 10-29-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
West of the Red Road 57th Avenue line you're pretty safe...Fountainbleu, Doral, Medley, Miami Lakes, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Palm Springs...

It's moving the other way that you have to worry about

Old 10-29-2009, 11:34 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
Goulds

Old 10-29-2009, 12:17 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Personal these areas I wouldn't walk at night alone:

Most of the NW section of Miami-Dade
Miami Gardens
Hialeah
Downtown Miami
Overtown
Florida City
Homestead
Goulds
Naranja
West Coconut Grove
Little Havana
Little Haiti
Brownsville
Opa Locka
Parts of Cutler Bay
El Portal
Westchester
Sweet Water

Old 10-29-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Personal these areas I wouldn't walk at night alone:

Most of the NW section of Miami-Dade
Miami Gardens
Hialeah
Downtown Miami
Overtown
Florida City
Homestead
Goulds
Naranja
West Coconut Grove
Little Havana
Little Haiti
Brownsville
Opa Locka
Parts of Cutler Bay
El Portal
Westchester
Sweet Water
Quite a long list...

Care to defend these choices?

Hialeah
Downtown Miami
Little Havana
Westchester
Sweet Water

Old 10-29-2009, 08:22 PM

40 posts, read 111,793 times
i dont understand why people are so scared to walk there at night just the fact that theres someone walking in their neighborhood doesnt mean that theyre going to kill you for no reason or even rob you if you dont have anything unless your trying to get noticed but thats why i always carry ma glock-40
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami