Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 03:01 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,902,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Area between the Turnpike and 95, places tourist tend to get lost in, drive down MLK Ave sometime late at night. OP is not a resident so getting lost in these areas may be not so good.
That's Fort Lauderdale. Plantation is west of there. The very very eastern tip of Plantation is a little run down, but there's no place in Plantation that you would be scared to drive through as a non resident.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 05:40 PM

149 posts, read 562,463 times
Is it me or is MLK blvd the "bad" neighborhood in every US city?

Old 02-29-2008, 05:47 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,897,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
Is it me or is MLK blvd the "bad" neighborhood in every US city?
Yeah... .

Old 03-01-2008, 10:52 PM

66 posts, read 375,664 times
read my thread on "bad" areas if you must know

Old 03-03-2008, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 47,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Why do people in Palm Beach County think Plantation is a dangerous area? I have noticed that more than once. Even my family up there didn't even know Plantation was actually nice and kind of upscale until I drove them around. They really thought the only decent areas were Weston and Parkland. I think they are only familiar with it from a S.R.7/Broward Blvd (East of Turnpike, not west) approach perhaps. Anyway, I have nothing better to do (Again) so let me make a map...it only takes a minute or so on MS Paint.

Ok, I whipped this up quickly, but I its pretty accurate, however I accept no responsibility if I mislabel a place and you go there and get robbed, and I might have mislabeled some places. North Browrad later (maybe). I know I did indeed miss some spots here and there (mostly of good areas labeling them as ugly or bad). Red is brown, Brown is not really that bad but ugly, light green is fine, but maybe too close for comfort, and dark green is good. Any combination of the two is..well..a combination.
Thanks!!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:35 PM

54 posts, read 337,971 times
most of central and north BROWARD is bad..Pompano has very high crime and is basically all bad (except for a few areas)..As far as I know, Deerfield is half and half..there are some decent areas, but there are also some very bad neighborhoods (alwoods, 20 hole), there is even a neighborhood nicknamed "3rd World"..there is also alot of gang activity..

In Fort Lauderdale, the major areas to look out for are almost everything along and between Sistrunk and Sunrise (Sunland Park, Franklin Park, Melrose Park, Roosevelt Gardens, WAshington PArk), and other areas near O.P. Blvd. and Dixie Hwy. (Lauderdale Manors)..In Lauderhill, you won't find many problems north of O.P. Blvd. (Inverrary), but I STRONGLY SUGGEST NEVER hanging out south of O.P. Blvd. straight down 56th ave. in Lauderhill..this can be one of the worst areas in Central Broward, commonly referred to as Deepside and Shallowside..there have been quite a few murders in this area already this year...

Besides those in specific, other cities to be cautioned about are Oakland Park (south of Prospect can be pretty bad, particularly around the Harlem McBride area; north of prospect is "okay") areas in Hollywood such as Carver Ranches, and many areas along along MLK blvd., one in specific being the intersection of 19th and MLK (royal palms park), alot of crime and drug dealing in this area, your only asking for trouble visiting that section.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:34 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Broward: Lauderhill, Plantation and some parts of Hollywood.

Miami-Dade: Liberty City, Overtown, Northside, Carol City, Opalocka, Little Haiti and Cutler Ridge.
Well, to be fair, they are building new upper middle class neighborhoods in Cutler Bay. And as already stated, Plantation is not bad. Lauderhill is not nearly as bad as the Miami-Dade neighborhoods mentioned.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:48 PM

9 posts, read 94,734 times
Default shaker village

is tamarac shaker village bad

Old 10-20-2009, 10:09 PM

7 posts, read 39,431 times
I'm going to speak for Broward in order to live up to my name. I know Miami pretty well but others here know it better. I'm only going to mention the bad.

Deerfield Beach-triangular area from MLK to Dixie Highway, Hillsboro to SW 10th....bad news.....Haitian/African American gang wars involving automatic weapons.....not my cup of tea.

Pompano Beach-to a smaller extent, there's an area by I-95 and Sample Rd., specifically between NW 5th Terrace and NW 3rd Ave....not the most dangerous, but not the safest.....another area to avoid is between MLK and Atlantic Blvd, between 31st ave and powerline.....Google Streetview didn't even bother to go there lol......but the worst area in Pompano by far is the area around Ely High School.....basically bordered by NW 15th st, Hammondville to the south, Dixie to the east and I-95 to the west.......again Google Streetview didn't bother to cover this area either......nothing to see here at all, I went to high school there.......Actually now that I think of it, virtually all of Pompano Beach is pretty nasty, until you get very near the beach itself....

Ft. Lauderdale-Let's see, where do I begin?......Oakland Park Blvd mostly east of SR-7/441 all the way to about Andrews.......i don't advise the side streets and the boulevard itself I find to be super depressing.....Actually let me make this easier.......draw a rectangle from Oakland Park to the north, SR-7/441 to the west, Broward Blvd to the south and Andrews to the east......It's a rough approximation, but it's quick and simple, that covers your worst areas of Ft. Lauderdale; speaking of rough approximations, if you want an idea of what hell looks like.......take a look at the long block along NW 9th ave, from Sistrunk Blvd (6th st) to Sunrise Blvd......easily the worst neighborhood in Broward....

There are some nasty parts of Lauderhill, but to be honest I'm not sure exactly where they're at.....

Hollywood and Hallandale Beach have their sketchy areas, but nothing approximating what I just described.......

I might have left a few places out, so everyone else feel free to fill it in.....

Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyinBroward1980 View Post
.but the worst area in Pompano by far is the area around Ely High School.....basically bordered by NW 15th st, Hammondville to the south, Dixie to the east and I-95 to the west
I've driven on Hammondville Rd and that has to be most depressed area I have seen in Dade & Broward. A lot of people sitting outside their homes, kids playing on dirt fields. If anybody wants to see poverty in America that's the place to go.

For Miami Dade, the areas I consider really dangerous
Overtown, OpaLocka triangle, Goulds and Naranja
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami