Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:19 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times

Advertisements

Let me ask a seemingly naive question,which enhances this thread...
Which areas are so crime prone that u absolutely would not walk alone at night ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 04:37 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Which areas are so crime prone that u absolutely would not walk alone at night ?
Nowhere unless is a place full of pedestrians like some parts of South Beach, Brickell or the Grove.

This city is not made for Pedestrians, nobody walks here, even the ugliest $200 car is better than walking. Unless you live a sheltered life in Brickell and South Beach, you will be the biggest outcast and the most uncool person without a car in Miami.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:33 PM

I meant walking as a symbol of ...peaceful cruising through a neighbourhood...
I am against walking & mass transport...

Old 10-22-2009, 07:59 PM

40 posts, read 111,835 times
liberty city, overtown, little haiti, East hialeah, carol city, opa-locka, brownsville, most of nw miami but i dont know about broward county or south miami. GoodLuck

Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
I meant walking as a symbol of ...peaceful cruising through a neighbourhood...
I am against walking & mass transport...
Ok then...

The only places I wouldn't visit are places known as drug spots, like some streets in Overtown close to North River Drive, some streets in Goulds(216 west of US1) and the Opa Locka triangle.

The rest, I can deal with them during daylight.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM

261 posts, read 704,354 times
Quote:
There are more areas that I think I would be afraid to get robbed in, as opposed to being murdered.

Some areas deep in Perrine, 27th/22nd Avenue Corridor in Opa-Locka/Bunche Park, Overtown, Pork n' Beans area of Liberty City, Little Haiti, Little River, some parts of North Miami Beach...

Check out this site and type in an address to see how many red flags (homicides) pop up. I think the records go back 3 years...

Miami-Dade Medical Examiner Records | MiamiHerald.com's Data Sleuth

Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 PM

112 posts, read 282,466 times
Quote:
?? why is dat called porknbeanz?????
any body?

Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 PM

261 posts, read 704,354 times
It's called Pork n' Beans because back in the day, some of the projects doors were painted a dark orange color, kind of like the color of pork n' beans. They've long since painted the doors, but the name stuck...

Old 10-24-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs08 View Post
There are more areas that I think I would be afraid to get robbed in, as opposed to being murdered.

Some areas deep in Perrine, 27th/22nd Avenue Corridor in Opa-Locka/Bunche Park, Overtown, Pork n' Beans area of Liberty City, Little Haiti, Little River, some parts of North Miami Beach...

Check out this site and type in an address to see how many red flags (homicides) pop up. I think the records go back 3 years...

Fantastic map,very helpful,tells the whole story...

In rich areas,no homicides...

So,the "system" tells u to make money & move to a rich neighbourhood,for safety...

Old 10-24-2009, 08:01 PM

49 posts, read 172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs08 View Post

I don't think the information is accurate because i searched overtown and it didnt have the shooting a few days ago that killed 2 or the shooting at that party that claimed 2 or any deaths ive seen from overtown in the news lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami