Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:30 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptownfe View Post
I am from the Midwest and the majority of us do not hug one another, much less kiss! In fact, growing up, I think I can count on one hand the number of times my parents even held hands in front of us kids. They didn't kiss or show PDA, certainly! I am uncomfortable with PDA from others in public. If some guy came up to me and kissed me on the cheek and he was just an acquaintance I wouldn't slap him but I would feel offended. Midwesterners tend to have a bubble of personal space around us that extends out about three feet in all directions. If you breach that bubble as anything less than a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife expect us to react in a negative way.

Why? Well, if you grew up with your own space, doing your own thing, and no one was every touchy-feely around you - why not? It's just our comfort zone, that's all.
true it seems people from the midwest and northeast are the least touchy people in the country. I even find it funny when talking to white people my bubble is smaller than most anglos so when I talk and move closer they move back and the process continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
true it seems people from the midwest and northeast are the least touchy people in the country. I even find it funny when talking to white people my bubble is smaller than most anglos so when I talk and move closer they move back and the process continues.
WOW, You even dance Tango when conversing... How much more Latin can you get?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
WOW, You even dance Tango when conversing... How much more Latin can you get?
lol

Old 04-25-2013, 03:22 AM

577 posts, read 663,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
I rarely..very rarely see a U.S. American of British ancestry in Miami, those who look "Anglo" are the British tourists I see when I go to Miami beach.

Spanish speaking Americans (Cubans, Argentines, Chileans, etc) all have different cultures, even within each country they have different culture and traditions according to their ancestry.

The U.S. is the most multiethnic mixed country of the world and people here talks pretending there is an "Anglo" culture here. please... British people are genetically and culturally different than U.S. Americans.

apples and lemons.

There is not a common culture in the U.S. population.

Miami is by far one of the most vibrant and modern cities in the U.S.
You need to get out more.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:29 PM

12 posts, read 17,728 times
Cooties, lipstick, pick-pockets . . . I don't shake hands with men for religious reasons, which involve
getting their scent and/or oils on my aura. That's why I like to sniff dogs prior to petting also. I forgot to do this at a goat-yard in Homestead and stunk for days. I hate women that kiss other women weather they like it or not, it is way too intimate.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 PM

12 posts, read 17,728 times
Wink Colombians, from Bogota, of certain class, don't smooch

each other either . . . maybe it's a Castillian thing, I don't know

Old 10-10-2013, 06:57 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
As you could imagine this thread is about my letting out my frustration at Americans who are shocked/offended when instead of offering my hand to shake, in the case of girl I kiss them on the cheek and with guys I give them a Hug.I mean we live in Miami this is not the North where I could understand they would consider it fresh(I got slapped by a white girl in gainsville on my first time there), but here if Miami they should be used to it by now. Non Hispanic and Hispanic americans alike please comment.
I don't get offended. I hug my Latino brothers all the time.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,695 times
As a gringo, I enjoy the hugs and kisses from my wife's Hispanic family.
I usually like to add a little Ass grab in as well.

Just kidding! Before everyone gets all nuts on me!

Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 PM

97 posts, read 140,941 times
If you're going to delete my comment doggiebus for being off topic, then you have to delete this thread because it's not about Miami or it's area.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
If you're going to delete my comment doggiebus for being off topic, then you have to delete this thread because it's not about Miami or it's area.
yes it is. it's about miami's hispanic customs vs non hispanic customs that are prevalent in the rest of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami