Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 PM

527 posts, read 1,019,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
Jacknyc
Buy the house you like.No pool?you can put one in brand new no problems
yea, but to put in a pool is around 30grand or so - I definitely prefer inground but i guess your'e right I can put in a semi inground w a deck for around 10K- - this is true, I would love to have it ready for me to go though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 12:58 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,676,751 times
jackinyc, you need to be aware that the Village of Lindenhurst has a different border than does the "Lindenhurst, NY 11757" ZIP Code postal zone and that there are many places that have a "Lindenhurst, NY 11757" mailing address that are not in Lindenhurst.

A map of the Village of Lindenhurst in the Town of Babylon, Suffolk County:

Places that have a "Lindenhurst, NY 11757" mailing address that are not in the Village of Lindenhurst are in the Hamlet of North Lindenhurst and the Hamlet of West Babylon; and, at the same time, there are places in the Village of Lindenhurst with a "West Babylon, NY 11704" mailing address

A map of the Hamlet of North Lindenhurst in the Town of Babylon, Suffolk County:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/North-lindenhurst-ny-map.gif (broken link)

Places in the Hamlet of North Lindenhurst have a "Lindenhurst, NY 11757" mailing address.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:07 PM

5 posts, read 9,755 times
im leaving queens for li as well... if you are talking deer park then you def get nice size for under 400k... even closer than deer park... god bless i can't even imagine going that far out.. im still stuck on not going farther than exits 38-40 in lie..

Old 01-07-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy-nyc View Post
im leaving queens for li as well... if you are talking deer park then you def get nice size for under 400k... even closer than deer park... god bless i can't even imagine going that far out.. im still stuck on not going farther than exits 38-40 in lie..
I was looking in Deer park too- that is also one of my areas on my list- I heard Deer park & Lindenhurst are about the same drive away back to whitestone, (just in different directions) I heard lindenhurst is a little bit closer- and by the water- I just need to get a feel for these areas and see what they are like, I know NOTHING about suffolk- except when i was younger going to the hamptons, clubbin it I also want to make sure i am living in a comfortable area for me. I dont want much of an isolation feeling - dont want to feel i am on the other side of the world. i still want to be somewhat close enough (like an hour or so drive back by whitestone if needed. soooooo confused

Old 01-07-2010, 01:49 PM

lots of huntington and also if you want closer- carle place has homes with pools- apparently pools are not the new thing and people don't like to maintain it so that's why they are going cheap regarding re-sale value but if it is for you and for like 20 years plus, then go for it

Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM

being close enough is the reason why i wont go passed exit 41 myself.... lots of nice homes oepning up in roslyn too which is closer than huntington but you get a really nice lot if huntington if you dont mind the ride..

Old 01-07-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy-nyc View Post
being close enough is the reason why i wont go passed exit 41 myself.... lots of nice homes oepning up in roslyn too which is closer than huntington but you get a really nice lot if huntington if you dont mind the ride..
I hear you- but the problem is i only want to spend (could afford) around $350-400k and in huntington I think it will only get me hungtington station where is not for me

Last edited by jackinyc; 01-07-2010 at 02:40 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,146,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
It helps! the address i was looking at was 58 grand ave

That address might work - #2 is another story entirely...
worth looking at!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island