Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 04:15 PM

132 posts, read 102,382 times

Advertisements

Breaks my heart to move but the crime and the migrant crisis is never ending.
Is it time to move out of state? As a lifelong New Yorker I’m thinking North Texas. Very low crime.
What are everyone’s thoughts on this matter ?

Old 11-15-2023, 06:17 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,155,036 times
Crime and migrant crisis on Long Island?

Old 11-16-2023, 02:43 AM

Yes! Crime is way up on Long Island, and how soon do you think it’ll be before they set up the migrants in empty malls, empty shopping centers, etc

Old 11-16-2023, 05:07 AM

913 posts, read 885,455 times
Crime rate is way higher in Texas so you do you!

Old 11-16-2023, 05:36 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,768,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBlonde View Post
Is it time to move out of state? As a lifelong New Yorker I’m thinking North Texas. Very low crime.
I totally get leaving over financial or even political reasons, but if you are moving to Texas to escape crime or especially illegals you are really fooling yourself. Texas has the second highest illegal population in the country some estimates are it’s double what NY has.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:54 AM

2,438 posts, read 1,215,423 times
According to the guy who owned the Oak Beach Inn, the time to move was years ago.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:57 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,102,621 times
We left LI 11 years ago and never looked back. My advice to you is the same as I will say to anyone considering it. Do you have family? We unfortunately were not blessed with children, thus no kids or grandies back there to miss. Texas is a far haul for family events. We are 4 hours which is very doable for events back home, but you need to weigh what that looks like for you.
We moved because we wanted to live near the beach when we retired and I refused to half the size of my house and pay the same, if not more taxes. We decided to retire and 5 years ago my sister moved here, too. We miss the usual, people, pizza, Chinese food, and bagels. I will not lie - one thing we did not think of was that we are terrible sleepers and as such we prefer to forego staying with anyone. It does get expensive to have to stay a few days for events back at home. That said, the events for us are fewer as all of our contemporaries are older, so the weddings and showers are long over with. Sadly, we are now making the trip for funerals.
There is no "perfect" place to move to - just perfect for what you want. My advice is to carefully consider what you are moving for and what you will or won't miss before you make the move.

Old 11-16-2023, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
Crime rate is way higher in Texas so you do you!
Not in the neighborhood I’m looking at

Old 11-16-2023, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
We left LI 11 years ago and never looked back. My advice to you is the same as I will say to anyone considering it. Do you have family? We unfortunately were not blessed with children, thus no kids or grandies back there to miss. Texas is a far haul for family events. We are 4 hours which is very doable for events back home, but you need to weigh what that looks like for you.
We moved because we wanted to live near the beach when we retired and I refused to half the size of my house and pay the same, if not more taxes. We decided to retire and 5 years ago my sister moved here, too. We miss the usual, people, pizza, Chinese food, and bagels. I will not lie - one thing we did not think of was that we are terrible sleepers and as such we prefer to forego staying with anyone. It does get expensive to have to stay a few days for events back at home. That said, the events for us are fewer as all of our contemporaries are older, so the weddings and showers are long over with. Sadly, we are now making the trip for funerals.
There is no "perfect" place to move to - just perfect for what you want. My advice is to carefully consider what you are moving for and what you will or won't miss before you make the move.
Thank You, where did you move to ?

Old 11-16-2023, 07:17 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBlonde View Post
Thinking of moving to Texas? Se habla Espanol?
Just where do you think all these migrants are coming from ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island