Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 01:17 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
I live in his district. Also voted for him, as did the vast majority of people in my area.

I couldn't give a crap if he was homeless, didn't graduate high school, stole money in Brazil, beat a liberal to within an inch of his life, threw his dog onto the highway, killed puppies, never held a job in his life..bla bla blah.

Why? 2 reasons, really:

1) A doctor lied for months (A FRIGGIN DOCTOR) and told the American public that the ingrate handicapped, Fetterman, is cognitively capable of sitting as a US senator which is insane. The guy literally can't understand when people talk to him.

2) As long as Santos votes with republicans, WE DON'T GIVE A F!!!! We got rid of 2 left wing scummy slimeballs in Suozzi and Zimmerman.

So all you left wing NYC lunatic liberal radicals, who hate cops and think more crime is good, can jump off a bridge. We're standing with George and conservatives.

With you 100%. They have a sitting senator in NJ (Menendez) who's corrupt as heck but somehow didn't get prosecuted. Fetterman has no clue what's going on, they have the squad trying to destroy this country without any negative news coverage, no-bail laws destroying our state to name a few, and now we suddenly need to worry about a guy who hasn't been truthful?

Newsflash to dems: ALL politicians are liars. All of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
Conveniently, the first few paragraphs just repeat what Santos published online.
This is not reporting. It's supporting.
At least the democrats did the right thing with Cuomo.

Few things: I am still waiting for the mainstream media to REPORT on the Twitter files with frontpage articles. It's an absolute scandal. Or for the mainstream media to not make the border crisis into a GOP talking point or more recently, it's the GOP who's at fault. And finally, you're applauding the NYC Democrats for ethics and doing the right thing with Cuomo. I mean, are you serious man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 02:17 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
With you 100%. They have a sitting senator in NJ (Menendez) who's corrupt as heck but somehow didn't get prosecuted. Fetterman has no clue what's going on, they have the squad trying to destroy this country without any negative news coverage, no-bail laws destroying our state to name a few, and now we suddenly need to worry about a guy who hasn't been truthful?

Newsflash to dems: ALL politicians are liars. All of them.

Few things: I am still waiting for the mainstream media to REPORT on the Twitter files with frontpage articles. It's an absolute scandal. Or for the mainstream media to not make the border crisis into a GOP talking point or more recently, it's the GOP who's at fault. And finally, you're applauding the NYC Democrats for ethics and doing the right thing with Cuomo. I mean, are you serious man?
Great Example! Actually Menendez was indicted AND prosecuted for corruption which ended up in a mistrial (hung jury), he was never exonerated. For whatever reason they didn't attempt to try him again. He neither resigned nor was pressured to by the democrats to do so and is still somehow a US senator today. So any Dems acting high and mighty over Santos can spare me....

Old 12-21-2022, 02:29 PM

226 posts, read 129,082 times
Quote:
And finally, you're applauding the NYC Democrats for ethics and doing the right thing with Cuomo. I mean, are you serious man?
Well, let's see, is Cuomo still the Governor of New York? No? He isn't?

Meanwhile, you're defending "George Santos" because [insert whataboutism here]? I don't really think these two cases are comparable, but you do you

Old 12-21-2022, 03:22 PM

655 posts, read 1,060,441 times
L.I. Rep.-elect George Santos lied about Jewish relatives fleeing Holocaust

Quote:
Contrary to Santos’ emotive claims, his grandparents were actually born in Brazil, not Ukraine, and could not have escaped the Nazis before and during World War II, the Forward, an independent Jewish news organization, reported on Wednesday.
Geneology sites say Santos’s maternal grandfather, Paulo Horta Devolder, was born in 1918, and his grandmother, Rosalina Caruso Horta Devolder, in 1927, both in Brazil, according to the Forward.
They may not even have been Jewish at all. Santos’s mother, Fatima Devolder, who died in 2016, had a Facebook page but never mentioned “Jew” or “Jewish,” nor common Jewish terms like Yom Kippur or Israel in either English or Portuguese, which is the official language of Brazil.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...g4q-story.html

Old 12-22-2022, 01:56 AM

787 posts, read 485,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
Odd that he would lie about education, job history, etc. Republican voters these days don't care about that stuff. If anything, republicans dislike educated, well qualified candidates. Being poorly educated is a positive in their book. Just look at what Islanders2021 said. So Mr. Santos stood to gain nothing by his lies. It doesn't make sense.
It's ironic that the party of "education" has the least educated electorate there is. The vast majority of minorities, your base, is less educated then even the most southern redneck Trump supporter. Your base makes up the most dangerous, least educated and crime ridden cities in the country.

Now what was it you said about education?

Btw, Blumenthal lied about being in Vietnam and your boy, Joe, lies all the time about his son "dying" in Iraq. Stolen valor is disgusting, but not to filthy shameless demorats. Even your own senators, like Sinema, agree. They are quitting the party.

GOP has the house. Get used to it. Gonna get ugly for ya'll.

Old 12-22-2022, 06:51 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
Well, let's see, is Cuomo still the Governor of New York? No? He isn't?

Meanwhile, you're defending "George Santos" because [insert whataboutism here]? I don't really think these two cases are comparable, but you do you

I am not defending Santos. Not at all.

But do you know what it took for Cuomo to resign? Not his scandals like the nursing home deaths, or any corruption. No no no. It's "MeToo" that took him down. After YEARS. So don't pretend the Dems did the "right thing". It took them years, and on a bogus scandal.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:17 AM

983 posts, read 724,976 times
Quote:
But do you know what it took for Cuomo to resign? Not his scandals like the nursing home deaths, or any corruption. No no no. It's "MeToo" that took him down. After YEARS. So don't pretend the Dems did the "right thing". It took them years, and on a bogus scandal.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:46 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,954,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
It's ironic that the party of "education" has the least educated electorate there is. The vast majority of minorities, your base, is less educated then even the most southern redneck Trump supporter. Your base makes up the most dangerous, least educated and crime ridden cities in the country.

Now what was it you said about education?

Btw, Blumenthal lied about being in Vietnam and your boy, Joe, lies all the time about his son "dying" in Iraq. Stolen valor is disgusting, but not to filthy shameless demorats. Even your own senators, like Sinema, agree. They are quitting the party.

GOP has the house. Get used to it. Gonna get ugly for ya'll.
I do think Biden thinks his son died in Iraq.

As the great George Costanza said, “It ain’t a lie if you believe it”.

But I don’t think the NYT ever believed the “Hands up don’t shoot”, “The Biden Laptop is Russian Misinformation”, “Trump supporters killed a cop on Jan 6 “ ….and all their other hoaxes.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:54 AM

45,371 posts, read 60,546,019 times
A question:

Is Santos' seat one that was flipped?

If "Yes", then that leads to another question:

Why didn't these revelations come out before the mid-terms but only now, when the Republicans have a very slim majority in the House?

Because if this is a flipped seat and Santos resigns a special election has to be held, then the chances are good that a Democrat re-takes the seat thereby cutting the Republican majority.

Old 12-22-2022, 09:19 AM

1,693 posts, read 1,529,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
L.I. Rep.-elect George Santos lied about Jewish relatives fleeing Holocaust

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...g4q-story.html
Now, Santos' sexual orientation is being called into question, too:

‘Openly Gay’ Rep.-Elect George Santos Didn’t Disclose Divorce With Woman - The Daily Beast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island