Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 08:16 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Maybe read it again? islanders2021 mentions quite a few abhorrent behaviors he's be ok with - but not the ones pertinent to Santos.
Lol he said he dosent care if santos assaulted someone in the street. I think that about more than covers anything else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
I won't hold the deranged rants of islanders2021 (aka QueensGuy72) against the typical Republican voter. That said, there's a paradox within the modern Republican Party. It presents itself as populist and anti-elite, sticking up for the forgotten downtrodden working men and women of America.

Yet, Orange Man Good is a Wharton grad. DeSantis is a Harvard and Yale grad. Hawley is a Stanford and Yale grad. Tom Cotton is a Harvard grad (twice). They are not at all unusual among top Republicans. And while they all love to hate on T3H L3FTIST IV0RY T0W3R for whatever, they are all proud of having graduated from Wharton etc.
Are they though? When was the last time you heard cotton or desantis say how proud they were of graduating from the ivy leagues. On the contrary they bash them all the time as having turned into left wing indoctrination centers.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:08 AM

226 posts, read 129,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Are they though? When was the last time you heard cotton or desantis say how proud they were of graduating from the ivy leagues. On the contrary they bash them all the time as having turned into left wing indoctrination centers.
They are. I of course agree with you (and said as much myself) that they love to bash T3H L3FTIST IV0RY T0W3R. Pretending to be anti-elite and populist plays very well to their voter base.

But as Winston Churchill famously said, actions speak louder than words. Cotton et al. all knew of the Ivy Leagues' "left wing indoctrination center" reputations...when they applied to them as 18-year-olds and accepted their offers. They didn't have to go to those schools; they chose to go.

Which, getting us back to one "George Santos," is why it's not necessarily strange that "Santos" would have lied about his educational and professional background. The modern Republican Party is dominated by elites who pretend to be anti-elite.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:34 AM

731 posts, read 725,281 times
Quote:
Cry all you want but we love our governor here in Florida. Hopefully he doesn’t run for president. You deserve everything you vote for NY. Now get back to work and remember your property tax bill is due next week.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:49 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times
Quote:
I think that’s why the Left hates guys like DeSantis and Cotton. Those two understand the faux racism and faux outrage game and laugh at it. They saw it as undergrads and grads at the very top Ivies. And learned. (Plus that whole ‘served in combat’ portion of their bios is particularly galling).

Old 12-21-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Cry all you want but we love our governor here in Florida. Hopefully he doesn’t run for president. You deserve everything you vote for NY. Now get back to work and remember your property tax bill is due next week.
Lol what are you talking about?? Desantis is awesome. I’m glad he calls out those rotting institutions for what they are. Save your fire for the actual leftists on this thread.

Old 12-21-2022, 10:42 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times
Quote:
Experts say Santos unlikely to be removed.

https://www.newsday.com/beta/long-is...gress-dibkm587
Are these the same ‘experts’ whose keen observatory skills led them to declare Hunter Biden’s laptop detailing Biden family corruption was ‘Russian disinformation’? LOL

Newsday, of course, pushed that faux narrative till the day after the election.

In any case, resume exaggerations (as NYT alleges) don’t result in removal as even non ‘experts’ know.

Old 12-21-2022, 11:12 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
LOL he isn't going anywhere unless they come up with something much worse, I stated in previous posts why. Oooooh He attended a republican gala, the HORROR. With a us congresswoman who was handily re-elected by 32 points blowing out the democrat despite all the controversy. And LOL to white supremacists, according to leftists like you pretty much all republicans or anyone who disagrees with left wing woke ideology are "white supremacists" now, the label is so deluded now its meaningless.
I agree he isn't going anywhere unless there is a problem with his financial disclosure. Suozzi was on cable this morning and indicated they didn't pay much attention to Santos in 2020 since he wasn't a threat, he lost by 13 points in a 50-50 district. He also indicated Santos only had $40K in the bank yet here he is in 2022 funding other candidates and owning 13 rental properties.

Say what you want, his attendance at that affair with that crowd wasn't very astute for a politician.

Old 12-21-2022, 11:33 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,666,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I agree he isn't going anywhere unless there is a problem with his financial disclosure.
I'm not sure even then. The FEC financial disclosure is not sworn to be accurate under penalty of perjury. The FEC can bring a civil suit.

Old 12-21-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
I'm not sure even then. The FEC financial disclosure is not sworn to be accurate under penalty of perjury. The FEC can bring a civil suit.
Yep. Ethics issues here? Absolutely. Illegal As in criminal? That’s a major stretch. Again Charles Rangel was found guilty of 11 ethics violations including tax violations, false disclosures etc in 2010, all sorts of “financial” violations. Did he resign? Nope. Was he removed? Nope. Censured, paid fines and that was it (he also lost his committee chair). Santos isn’t likely going anywhere especially in this current climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island