Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 PM

26,705 posts, read 41,851,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Excuse me, but this can happen anywhere. In Minnesota, New York or Iceland. It happens, it's terrible and he deserves a harsh sentence. Stop acting like terrible stuff only happens in Kentucky. Do you seriously have nothing better to do?
Please, I can tell this guy a few stories about some sick things that happened back in Virginia that never made it to newsprint.

I'm sick of ignorant people who have never stepped foot in this state bashing it. I may senselessly bash Northern VA but I actually LIVED there for nearly 6 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 06:08 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,589,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I re-checked that paper.
Nope, no articles on men from Minnesota, New York, or Iceland getting their 2 year old step- daughter drunk.

Just the article on the Kentuckian.

Dude, I'm not even going to try and dig up stories that are worse than or equal to this story from your (supposed) state of Minnesota. Over the course of time horrible things happen in every state. You seriously have issues...

Anyway, I'm done with this topic.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,237,446 times
page 5A.........St Cloud Times.......May 26,2010

Was it in any Kentucky papers?

I doubt it as they probably censor the bad news.

Last edited by marmac; 05-27-2010 at 06:58 PM..

Old 06-02-2010, 06:40 AM

688 posts, read 1,494,155 times
Quote:
Ain't everyday a Kentuckian makes the national news in papers across the US.

Heck, his article was located right next to an article and picture of Ben Bernanke ( Federal Reserve Chairman )
And as AlanBoy questioned, "your point is", Mr. Condescending.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Louisville Courier-Journal! But it's passionately despised because of "liberal" views.
And your point, Mr. Condescending #2?

Old 06-02-2010, 06:58 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,237,446 times
Well , on a positive note----------that 2 year old on TV that smoked all those cigarettes was not from Kentucky.

Kinda surprised me.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Well , on a positive note----------that 2 year old on TV that smoked all those cigarettes was not from Kentucky.

Kinda surprised me.
Regardless of where that was or who that was, is terrible. I'm a health professional and unfortunately see all too much of this sort of thing. Incidentally, trying to be decent, you seem really down on Ky. and this region in general. Have you had a bad experience here or just disdainful of the culture, or what? I really hate it for you if something or a combination of things happened to you in this region if that is why, and personally I don't particularly care for the Pacific Northwest area (Oregon, Washington) myself, but I don't constantly berate it. I've read some of your other posts on some of the other forums, and other than some of your other seeming putdowns of others (e.g. American Indians, a pilot that had because he was not as far advanced-ranked militarily shouldn't have been picked to fly a certain type of plane, etc.), I think you have had some pretty reasonable and informative posts, and I can tell you love your country and your heritage, I respect you for that, just don't understand your disdain for my heritage. Anyway, peace and have a great day.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Ain't everyday a Kentuckian makes the national news in papers across the US.

Heck, his article was located right next to an article and picture of Ben Bernanke ( Federal Reserve Chairman )
Thank God we don't make national news every day. Sometimes boring is the best, in a matter of speaking.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Every state but Kentucky has newspapers .
That is absolutely either a) ignorant b) fourth-rate condescending sarcasm

Old 06-02-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Louisville Courier-Journal! But it's passionately despised because of "liberal" views.
Actually, I like the Courier-Journal better than Lexington Herald-Leader, when I was a kid in Eastern Ky. we got Courier-Journal, but doesn't run here anymore, only Herald-Leader, which isn't worth a diddly-damn, is all as far as "big city daily" paper now, at least where I live. Anyway, I know that the media I would like to see more of would probably be bland and boring, but would like to see newspaper/radio/t.v./internet, etc., media that simply REPORTS news and no political or personal spin to the reports and no sensationalism or paparazzi. Most media outlets (paper, t.v., whatever) have a left-wing or liberal or "progressive" spin, a few (most notably, FOX) have a right-wing or "Conservative" spin, and frankly, the media I would endorse would have NEITHER, simply bland, boring, unemotional reporting of the news, if monotone, so damn be it. Simply report the news. Having said that, I watch CNN, FOX, C-Span (VERY boring, but informative), read Lex. Herald-Leader, Courier-Journal (if where can get it), USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Bristol Herald-Courier (if where can get it), internet, etc., etc. And whether passionately despised or not, I see in Central and Western Ky. and Southern Indiana, lots and lots of Courier-Journal paper boxes.

Last edited by rxpwas; 06-02-2010 at 08:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: