Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:53 AM

33 posts, read 62,693 times

Advertisements

Ok, so everyone is debating the subject of illegal immigrants. My fellow kentuckians seem very ignorant on the topic. Point is that its illegal!! Case closed!! I lived in texas for 3 years and watched illegals march the streets for their rights and wave the mexican glag around, throwing things at buildings. So, sit back and don't worry about it, but in 20 years when they are the majority of the US you'll all wish you hadn't been so dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 10:33 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,795 posts, read 4,169,845 times
If this was a sane country, we would have that border sealed tight.
But we are not a sane country. We have politicians and judges who will not act in the interests of the majority of us.
And we will pay the price. This will be a majority latino nation in 2-3 decades, and Mexico will be re-created right here. And if you have been to the real Mexico (not just the resorts!), or lived in heavily majority latino neighborhoods in America, you will realize why a latino majority will *not* be a good thing.
God help us.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:32 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,339,426 times
I posted in the other thread... the fact that Kentuckians are even willing to debate is a good thing. Come up to New York, and if you mention that you want illegals gone you'll be called a racist, bigot, xenophobe, etc. I just wish that Kentucky would establish laws like Oklahoma and Arizona have brought in, they have been very successful.

It ticks me off, we talk about how much we love our country's sovereignty, yet we cannot but a fence off to keep people who shouldn't be here out.

Quote:
This will be a majority latino nation in 2-3 decades, and Mexico will be re-created right here. And if you have been to the real Mexico (not just the resorts!), or lived in heavily majority latino neighborhoods in America, you will realize why a latino majority will *not* be a good thing.
I sure hope not. These illegals come over, have their babies (on the taxpayer's dim too!) and these babies are citizens.

I won't say that every hispanic will bring our country's standards down, but I think that as an aggregate, Mexican, Hondurans, Salvadorians, and Nicaraguans, are far less socialized than Americans.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:10 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,614,627 times
Like I said in the other thread, you talk like they are all illegal. Yeah, I agree there are probably quite a few here illegally, but I bet there are more here legally. A couple years ago there were some Mexicans here working for a tree contractor out of Virginia. They took care of all the men's paper work and told them to be at a certain place on a certain day and all their paper work and plane tickets would be waiting for them. These men would work circles around some of the tree trimmers I see around here now. I'm not taking up for all the workers from Mexico who are here but I don't agree with calling them all illegal, just because you don't like them.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:40 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,238,626 times
-----" just because you don't like them "--

I only dislike people who are here illegally and I don't care what their race or nationality is.

White college students from Europe who stay after their visas expire are ILLEGALS also.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:16 AM

638 posts, read 1,285,303 times
"...but I bet there are more here legally. " Where do you live?? Where I live it is obvious the majority are illegal. Mrkool is right, and people need to take their heads out of the sand on this one.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 AM

33 posts, read 62,693 times
To the one who thinls that more are here legally...get real man...open your eyes. No they are not here illegally and I never indicated that they were. 3/4 of them started off illegal and may be legal now but is that any better really? See, when I was in ft. Worth tx my 6 month old daughter was sick,running a fever of 105. We took her to the emergency to be told, "sorry sir, it will be about a 6 hour wait" I look around to see nothing but illegals(when they speak only spanish they are illegal,its a requirement to know english if they went the legal route) We were the only white people in the entire place and there wasn't a place to sit. Go through that and come back to this blog and tell me what you think!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:32 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,800,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
(W)hen they speak only spanish they are illegal...We were the only white people in the entire place and there wasn't a place to sit.
I'm certainly not accusing you of anything, but when I read comments like this from people protesting undocumented aliens, it sure seems to me that race is part of the issue despite all the protestations otherwise. These type of subtile comments seem to surface if you listen long enough to the protests. (Not in all of the protests, and I'm not saying that's the sole reason for the protests; but it sure seems like it can't always be overlooked.)

I've always felt that if these were caucasian Canadians coming over in the exact same numbers, the protests would be half as loud and half as numerous.

Just my opinion, and in all fairness, this discussion probably more correctly belongs in the political threads and not in this one.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,940,304 times
What makes any of you think that the US Government wants to truely stop illegal immigration? This country was built on cheap/free/slave labor, and it is the backbone of capitalism.

When the housing boom was hot, it would be nothing to see a contractor roll up to the local Home Depot, grab a truck full of hispanic workers, and pay them probably 20.00 a day each to do the work a regular crew would get paid 200 dollars each for. All cash, nothing being reported to the IRS by home building companies. Yet that same contractor would still get tax breaks, and grin all the way to the bank, laughing at the protestors screaming about "taking our jobs".

Strange thing, the person usually driving the contractor truck and/or paying the measly pittance for a hard days labor, was not an hispanic. Go figure.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,817,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
What makes any of you think that the US Government wants to truely stop illegal immigration? This country was built on cheap/free/slave labor, and it is the backbone of capitalism.

When the housing boom was hot, it would be nothing to see a contractor roll up to the local Home Depot, grab a truck full of hispanic workers, and pay them probably 20.00 a day each to do the work a regular crew would get paid 200 dollars each for. All cash, nothing being reported to the IRS by home building companies. Yet that same contractor would still get tax breaks, and grin all the way to the bank, laughing at the protestors screaming about "taking our jobs".

Strange thing, the person usually driving the contractor truck and/or paying the measly pittance for a hard days labor, was not an hispanic. Go figure.
This is the factor that no one seems to want to talk about. Many businesses (like construction contractors, landscapers, farmers, restaurants...) are dependent on illegals. The government secretly loves illegal immigration because they boost our economy by making us competitive in the global marketplace. Individuals love their cheap houses, cheap landscaper, cheap fruits and vegetables. Yet everyone acts like they hate the illegal immigrant. We all want the best of both worlds. We want them to come and do cheap labor but don't get hurt or sick, because we don't want to take care of you. That said, I do not approve of illegal immigrants. One of the only policies of Bush's that I agreed with was his temporary work visa program. The fact is, we need their labor. But we need to know who is in this country and why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky