Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:22 PM

33 posts, read 62,589 times

Advertisements

Ok, so maybe it is somewhat racial. Tell me how often you here of canada falling apart and the amount of crime that mexico has?? Sorry to be racist but you've gotta look at the way they handle themselves in their own country. What makes you think they will do any different in ours?? Do you want to inherit those problems here? do you enjoy working to pay for their houses and health care? Within 20-30 years we will be a majority hispanic, within 50...well you won't want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,333,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
Ok, so maybe it is somewhat racial. Tell me how often you here of canada falling apart and the amount of crime that mexico has?? .
I agree with your post, but I think I ought to point out that the US shares a border with Mexico, not Canada. What happens in Mexico really doesn't affect Canada. A gun fight can't spill over the border from Canada to Mexico.

I don't think your stats on the US being majority hispanic in 20-30 years is right though, I heard that Whites will be less than 50% by about 2040, hispanics will outnumber Whites by 2060. I'll be 72 by then, thank goodness, because I don't think that I could take a lifetime of America looking like the barrio.

Take a look at this link it says that in 2050, hispanics will be 30%, and Whites only 46%. That isn't bad if they decide to integrate with our society, but the thing is that they seem more happy about being able to use America as their welfare line, than to assimilate and take up an American work ethic. Truly pathetic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7559996.stm

Quote:
Do you think the illegals that have set up roots here are all suddenly going to go home?
Nope, that's why we should not give illegals any services AT ALL. No education, no housing, if they are about to die, we patch them up and send them straight to Mexico. If the Mexican government wants to care for them, fine. If someone is caught harboring illegals, or helping them by giving them food without reporting them to the government, give the "helper" a week in prison the first time.

If an illegal is caught working, give the person in charge of him a $1000 for each day.

I can guarantee you that within a couple years most would self-deport.

I honestly don't care if they have friends and family in the US, they are here ILLEGALLY. That's like saying we shouldn't arrest crack dealers because they have friends and family. It's an absurdly dumb position to take.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 PM

33 posts, read 62,589 times
My point on mexico vs canada was aimed at an earlier post that suggested that it wouldnt be as big of a deal if white canadians were coming here. No it wouldn't because canada is a much more peaceful place on the map. I have read that they predict the 2010 census will show us that hispanics will make up 34% of our population. 44% of kids 18 and under will be hispanic. That article was on cnn.com earlier this year. My main point is that in the end, this country is sitting back while the hispanics take over. America is becoming a third world country.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 AM

Oh, I guess I just didn't get it. In that case, I totally agree. I live on the Canadian border, and Canadians are here all the time, besides being lousy drivers, and fairly rude, they don't steal, commit crimes, and damage our property -- At lest not in the numbers hispanics do.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:06 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,806,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Nope, that's why we should not give illegals any services AT ALL. No education, no housing, if they are about to die, we patch them up and send them straight to Mexico. If the Mexican government wants to care for them, fine. If someone is caught harboring illegals, or helping them by giving them food without reporting them to the government, give the "helper" a week in prison the first time.
Your rants are simply blind anger and you aren't addressing the root of the problem. They came here for a reason. That reason is that people are hiring them. As long as people give them jobs, they will be here. It is akin to aresting the drug user while ignoring the supplier. You need to focus your anger and resentment at the people that hire them.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
Your rants are simply blind anger and you aren't addressing the root of the problem. They came here for a reason. That reason is that people are hiring them. As long as people give them jobs, they will be here. It is akin to aresting the drug user while ignoring the supplier. You need to focus your anger and resentment at the people that hire them.
Did you not read the part about fining the EMPLOYER $1000 per day?

In the end, you are saying that hiring an illegal, is less bad than coming over our border illegally, which I think that any rational person would disagree with. It is a kind of symbiotic relationship.

We ought to fine every single person who hires an illegal. That means that you go to the Home Depot and pick up 3 illegals to build your deck in one day, and you get caught, you get a $3000 fine.

Wasn't worth it so much any more to aid and abet fugitives that crossed into America illegally anymore, huh? Then we take that $3000, and use it to cover the cost of dropping the illegals off in Mexico City.

====

I honestly don't blame illegals for coming to America. About 1/2 our politicians are braindead morons who say that we ought to HELP these criminals, the other 1/2 of too big cowards to do anything.

We end up with a bunch of people told, "this is America's law, but if you break, America will help you."

I think that we have reached a boiling point. 83% of Americans do not want illegals to get any healthcare on the government's dime (who are the other 17%?). Most Americans view illegals how they are, as menaces, and as criminals who need to be deported, now!

Our political class doesn't believe it for the most part, but they are coming around. Hopefully come 2012 we'll have made serious headway with this problem.

The 14th amendment ought to get repealed, then ratified again, with section 1 changed.

Quote:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
How should it be that a person that is happening to visit the US from Ireland, for example, and happens to go into labor here, their child is a citizen?

It should be that if you are a legal citizen or resident of this nation that your child becomes a citizen once they have lived in the US 5 years (if their parents aren't citizens).

Old 09-15-2009, 09:15 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Default Fake Paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Like I said in the other thread, you talk like they are all illegal. Yeah, I agree there are probably quite a few here illegally, but I bet there are more here legally. A couple years ago there were some Mexicans here working for a tree contractor out of Virginia. They took care of all the men's paper work and told them to be at a certain place on a certain day and all their paper work and plane tickets would be waiting for them. These men would work circles around some of the tree trimmers I see around here now. I'm not taking up for all the workers from Mexico who are here but I don't agree with calling them all illegal, just because you don't like them.
Illegals are very adept at getting fake documents...

Also, no one here is speaking about the fact that they mostly don't learn English, so we will be barraged with Spanish all around us, as I was when I lived in Miami. It's not fun to live in a 3rd world country inside the USA!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,793,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
Ok, so maybe it is somewhat racial.
From the overwhelming anger in your posts, I'd say it's a little more than just "somewhat." But points to you for at least being honest. Frankly, that is more than most who agree with your position would do. So kudos to you for recognizing that it is at least a part of your position and being willing to say it publicly.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:12 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,935,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Did you not read the part about fining the EMPLOYER $1000 per day?

In the end, you are saying that hiring an illegal, is less bad than coming over our border illegally, which I think that any rational person would disagree with. It is a kind of symbiotic relationship.

We ought to fine every single person who hires an illegal. That means that you go to the Home Depot and pick up 3 illegals to build your deck in one day, and you get caught, you get a $3000 fine.

Wasn't worth it so much any more to aid and abet fugitives that crossed into America illegally anymore, huh? Then we take that $3000, and use it to cover the cost of dropping the illegals off in Mexico City.

====

I honestly don't blame illegals for coming to America. About 1/2 our politicians are braindead morons who say that we ought to HELP these criminals, the other 1/2 of too big cowards to do anything.

We end up with a bunch of people told, "this is America's law, but if you break, America will help you."

I think that we have reached a boiling point. 83% of Americans do not want illegals to get any healthcare on the government's dime (who are the other 17%?). Most Americans view illegals how they are, as menaces, and as criminals who need to be deported, now!

Our political class doesn't believe it for the most part, but they are coming around. Hopefully come 2012 we'll have made serious headway with this problem.

The 14th amendment ought to get repealed, then ratified again, with section 1 changed.

How should it be that a person that is happening to visit the US from Ireland, for example, and happens to go into labor here, their child is a citizen?

It should be that if you are a legal citizen or resident of this nation that your child becomes a citizen once they have lived in the US 5 years (if their parents aren't citizens).
Not sure if you know, but there are already plenty of federal rules on the books, as well as state laws that make it a federal felonious offense, to hire, house or hide illegals, in any shape or form. I don't see too many District Attorny's or Federal Prosecuters cutting in line to prosecute these guys, do you? Of course not because they look just like them, and they also understand the principals of business/capitalism. Why waste resources locking up my neighbor for "making a living" on the sweat of an illegal alien, when I can lock up my neighbors illegal employee for smoking crack, and get a few more years of free labor from them in prison, then we can get rid of him, right?

Sorry, but the whole don't feed them, let em starve is beyond depraved. Illegal aliens are okay, as long as their cleaning out your toilets huh? But please don't let somoene catch a cold, "Back to you country to rot and die!" Come on dude, thats not going to fly, as if this country isn't hated enough already by the rest of the free world. I got a btter one for you, in Arizona the ICE officers, if you are found to be an illegal alien won't arrest you, they issue you a "return to court to be deported" ticket, which is scheduled for two weeks away, allowing the person to walk off the scene, and return to court in 2 weeks to face immediate deportation, maybe still no guarantee since they can plead for asylum. If you don't show you get a ICE warrant, but those warrants are only enforced if the person is ever arrested, or come into contact with a savvy police officer who thinks something is funny. Not kidding, all truth. Now you tell me if anyone is really eager to get rid of illegal aliens?

Here is the reality, by closing up the borders, you not only dry up the cheap labor well, but you also stop the drugs from coming in, which in turn affects the prison industrial complex, which also affects the free labor that is going in the prison system, which in turn means trillions of dollars is gone from addictions centers, law enforcemt jobs, etc. The government will not allow all of those resources to dry up, just because you want to work at a chicken farm today, that you just turned your nose up to yesterday.

The issue that still has not been addressed by anyone on this forum is that, illegal alines are a great source of revenue to the fiscal budget of this country. Perdue is able to stay in business by hiring slav..err day laborers. Your issue should not be with the joker who can't speak english "taking" (and I use that loosley as it has ben many a year since I saw high school age kids wanting to clean toilets, dig ditches, or climb on a roof, sorry, unfortunalty this country has grown a sordid, spoiled, poor me, too good for that attitude, in regards to certain careers)

The powers that be in this country (and not just the present governmental structure in office) have decided many years ago, that in order to compete with China, whom is hiring workers at 10 cent an hour to make cheap bumper stickers, we have to be competitive. And shouldn't your anger be more well directed to not the little man (illegal aliens who are getting screwed over by working for 2 dollars at hour, w/out benefits, living in squalor, and getting picked on for attemptig to live the same dream that evn YOU admitted was yours) but more too big business who are out sourcing computer/engineering/automobile manufactures, etc jobs to India, China and beyond?

Last edited by cool rob; 09-15-2009 at 01:47 PM..

Old 09-15-2009, 03:06 PM

Honestly what don't you get? I honestly think you must be playing stupid (surely no one is as stupid as you are acting)

Quote:
Illegal aliens are okay, as long as their cleaning out your toilets huh?
I think I was pretty clear, about 3 times, I do not want illegals working here at all. Not at my house, NO WHERE!

You Liberals whine about how badly we treat these societal leeches, yet when we say, "Let's make it bad enough that they go back," your bleeding hearts start acting up once again. If America was so evil and bad to the illegals, they would go right back to Mexico, where they belong. Not cleaning my toilets, as you idiotically asserted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky