Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,333,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
For the many people who become so enraged over this topic, you're about 30 years too late. Accept that fact and move on with your life.
So because the problem is seemly out of control, give up?

On the contrary, I see no better reason to keep up the fight!

Quote:
They are certainly not cheap...there is no telling how much we waste on free healthcare for them. Anyone who is ok with them and them being here is dumb. We don't speak from only a racial view, but from a view that wants to live free in a great and peaceful country. Not a 3rd world crap hole.
Amen! Could you have ever imagined a beautiful city like Hialeah or Corpus Christi turning into 3rd world sweat shop? It's terrible.

Hialeah used to be wealthy, now the gangs have taken over, and the gringos have left, leaving nothing but jobless rioters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,935,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Honestly what don't you get? I honestly think you must be playing stupid (surely no one is as stupid as you are acting)

I think I was pretty clear, about 3 times, I do not want illegals working here at all. Not at my house, NO WHERE!

You Liberals whine about how badly we treat these societal leeches, yet when we say, "Let's make it bad enough that they go back," your bleeding hearts start acting up once again. If America was so evil and bad to the illegals, they would go right back to Mexico, where they belong. Not cleaning my toilets, as you idiotically asserted.
You failed to address any of the things I stated, yet resorted to childish name calling. That is the reason why nothing ever gets accomplished in this country, because of close minded, ignorant, "my way or the highway" neo con jokers such as yourself, who admittedly is fresh off the boat himself.

And for the record, pick up a history book and see who was really here in this country first, and who are really here illegally

Peace and Blessings

Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,793,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayguyfromdenver View Post
All the areas that I lived in were actually quite pleasant. I never felt unsafe/not welcomed. In fact, in my experience, the majority of people in Mexico are extremely hospitable and friendly. I did not live in wealthy areas. They could probably be best described as lower-middle class.

For the many people who become so enraged over this topic, you're about 30 years too late. Accept that fact and move on with your life...

One last thing, the people who scream over illegal immigration are probably the same people who buy tons of cheap, foreign-made crap at Wal-Mart!
Very interesting post and you sure hit the nail on the head with that last sentence.

America has never truly been a melting pot -- it's more like a mosaic that has always been made up of many different pieces. That's been a strength, not a weakness in my opinion.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:27 AM

33 posts, read 62,589 times
The sad and unfortunate thing is that this country has lost its passion. There aren't many people who want to stand up and rise against anything. Like it or not, every great empire falls. America is falling.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,793,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
We don't speak from only a racial view...
You know, I have to continue giving you props for at least being honest enough to --not once, but twice -- admitting that race is at least a part of the issue here. I almost feel sorry for anyone with so much rage about his fellow human beings, but that's certainly your right. The day of an all-white, Anglo-Saxon, protestant nation has long, long since past, if it ever truly existed. (Which it didn't.)

I just wish others who agree with you were as honest since it actually might help the dialog. Anyone who thinks race isn't a big part of this equation is just fooling themselves.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:38 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
What makes any of you think that the US Government wants to truely stop illegal immigration? This country was built on cheap/free/slave labor, and it is the backbone of capitalism.

When the housing boom was hot, it would be nothing to see a contractor roll up to the local Home Depot, grab a truck full of hispanic workers, and pay them probably 20.00 a day each to do the work a regular crew would get paid 200 dollars each for. All cash, nothing being reported to the IRS by home building companies. Yet that same contractor would still get tax breaks, and grin all the way to the bank, laughing at the protestors screaming about "taking our jobs".

Strange thing, the person usually driving the contractor truck and/or paying the measly pittance for a hard days labor, was not an hispanic. Go figure.
You are certainly right, I live wihin sight of the Mexican Border, but I hardly see an illegal. They come through during the night but don't stop here. Could be because BP is the second largest employer. You don't even see an illegal at the car wash. It can be done. If the 100,000 troops in Iraq were on the Mexican Border both Drugs and Immigration would be largely solved.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Default Wrong!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
You know, I have to continue giving you props for at least being honest enough to --not once, but twice -- admitting that race is at least a part of the issue here. I almost feel sorry for anyone with so much rage about his fellow human beings, but that's certainly your right. The day of an all-white, Anglo-Saxon, protestant nation has long, long since past, if it ever truly existed. (Which it didn't.)

I just wish others who agree with you were as honest since it actually might help the dialog. Anyone who thinks race isn't a big part of this equation is just fooling themselves.
I disagree. It's not RACE, it's the fact that they don't learn English and turn our cities into 3rd world countries. I really am tired of listening to people who have been here for 20-30 years still speaking Spanish. And the second generation still speaks Spanish every chance they get. Let's let immigrants in who either speak English already (many Europeans) or learn it quickly (many Asians). Forget the Latinos who have only a 2nd grade education! Plus, the illegals send most of their money earned in the USA back to Mexico to help the Mexican economy!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:59 AM

33 posts, read 62,589 times
How about this thought. What if americans got tired of this place and decided to start immigrating to europe? They would hate americans just the same. It goes for any group of people or country. No one wants the country they live in to be taken over by different people. That's a fact and sorry to tell the world but if we all had our place and stayed in it...things would be much more peaceful. A melting pot creates trouble...yes we can learn from other cultures and races, but that does require letting them all come and take over.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post

And for the record, pick up a history book and see who was really here in this country first, and who are really here illegally
What?!? You are suggesting that the White folks are here illegally? Are you out of your mind? You minimize illegal immigration, by saying that White Europeans did something wrong 300 years ago. I'm sorry, but the excuse that "I was wronged 3 centuries ago" doesn't fly over too well with those that have an IQ over 75. It shouldn't fly here.

Do you even realize what you are defending? You are defending allowing fugitives to continue committing their crime with impunity. You are defending keeping our borders open, allowing for a potential terrorist attack far bigger than 9/11. You are defending people you shouldn't even be here taking jobs from real Americans, when the unemployment rate is 9.5%.

I would much rather have an American be able to feed his family, than a person who is here illegally. I will never apologize for my view of putting America and Americans first. I don't understand how those who put illegals above Americans can sleep at night.

Quote:
You failed to address any of the things I stated, yet resorted to childish name calling. That is the reason why nothing ever gets accomplished in this country, because of close minded, ignorant, "my way or the highway" neo con jokers such as yourself, who admittedly is fresh off the boat himself.
I did address what you said, 3 times. I don't see why I keep needing to restate myself because you have a reading comprehension problem.

And I don't see the need to attack my immigration status, except perhaps that I need to be silenced, as I prove than an immigrant can sound American, look American, and love his country. The Mexicans who come over don't care to act American, and they certainly don't love this country.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
How about this thought. What if americans got tired of this place and decided to start immigrating to europe? They would hate americans just the same. It goes for any group of people or country. No one wants the country they live in to be taken over by different people. That's a fact and sorry to tell the world but if we all had our place and stayed in it...things would be much more peaceful. A melting pot creates trouble...yes we can learn from other cultures and races, but that does require letting them all come and take over.
Absolutely! And that is what the left doesn't get. If you went to NYC you would see it, clear as day. Half the people there barely speak English. It's nice to here about different cultures, but when you are trying to order a Big Mac and you need to know 4 languages to complete your order, it's gotten bad. In NYC there are so many ethnic communities, immigrants just move to their own community, never learn English, never learn American history, and never appreciate this awesome country.

And then they complain that Americans are racist, and don't give them opportunities.

I hate to say it, but if you're an immigrant, and you think America is bad to you, it might be time to go bad to your homeland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky