Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:28 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,807,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Honestly what don't you get? I honestly think you must be playing stupid (surely no one is as stupid as you are acting)

I think I was pretty clear, about 3 times, I do not want illegals working here at all. Not at my house, NO WHERE!

You Liberals whine about how badly we treat these societal leeches, yet when we say, "Let's make it bad enough that they go back," your bleeding hearts start acting up once again. If America was so evil and bad to the illegals, they would go right back to Mexico, where they belong. Not cleaning my toilets, as you idiotically asserted.
Again, you throw out "liberals" like the liberals are the ones employing the illegals. Some of the main businesses that employ illegals are construction, farming, manufacturing (in non-union areas) and meat processesing. Do you really think these industries are run by liberals? There is plenty of blame on both sides of the isle concerning the problem we currently have with illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 03:36 PM

871 posts, read 2,249,796 times
i'm more worried about controlling the number of ohioans and hoosiers than i am mexicans

Old 09-15-2009, 03:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,380,647 times
Default New Yorkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
i'm more worried about controlling the number of ohioans and hoosiers than i am mexicans
Better worry about the ones from New York City! They are the rudest!!

Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,334,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
Again, you throw out "liberals" like the liberals are the ones employing the illegals. Some of the main businesses that employ illegals are construction, farming, manufacturing (in non-union areas) and meat processesing. Do you really think these industries are run by liberals? There is plenty of blame on both sides of the isle concerning the problem we currently have with illegal immigrants.
Yes, but who is in charge of Legislature right now? The Liberals.

These industries are likely run by more Conservatives than Liberals, but is that truly a road you want to go down? That we should make laws based on which political ideology they will affect?

Honestly, I don't care who is violating the law, they are all guilty, and all should pay.

This is all noise distracting us from what we should be doing, which isn't figure out how we blame the "rice capitalists" but how we can get the illegals out of our country. The end is that they broke the law, and should be held accountable.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Better worry about the ones from New York City! They are the rudest!!
Very true! I find the further north you go, the ruder folks get, at least until you hit Minnesota.

I honestly can't take another minute here. I was born in the country in the midwest, lived in the South a couple times, and have loved it. I am graduating now, and won't need to move anymore, hopefully Kentucky will make a good home. I see no reason why it won't!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:09 PM

36 posts, read 109,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
If this was a sane country, we would have that border sealed tight.
But we are not a sane country. We have politicians and judges who will not act in the interests of the majority of us.
And we will pay the price. This will be a majority latino nation in 2-3 decades, and Mexico will be re-created right here. And if you have been to the real Mexico (not just the resorts!), or lived in heavily majority latino neighborhoods in America, you will realize why a latino majority will *not* be a good thing.
God help us.
I have lived in several different areas of Mexico over the past 12-13 years. I lived about a year in Morelia, Michoacan. I also lived about a year in Guadalajara, Jalisco. Not in Chapala, but right in the city of Guadalajara. Right on Rio Rin if you don't believe me and need further proof. I also lived in Mexico City for about 4 months. The area in Mexico City was Villa Coapa. I had a wonderful experience in all 3 areas. In Morelia and Guadalajara, I took the bus everywhere. I would also spend hours walking in both.

All the areas that I lived in were actually quite pleasant. I never felt unsafe/not welcomed. In fact, in my experience, the majority of people in Mexico are extremely hospitable and friendly. I did not live in wealthy areas. They could probably be best described as lower-middle class.

For the many people who become so enraged over this topic, you're about 30 years too late. Accept that fact and move on with your life. If you don't believe me, go visit any of the major cities on either the east or west coast. You can also throw in Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, etc. And as many others stated, not every person you see who appears Hispanic is "Mexican". Get a grip on reality. There are also many Phillipinos, Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, Peruvians, etc. living here in the U.S.

One last thing, the people who scream over illegal immigration are probably the same people who buy tons of cheap, foreign-made crap at Wal-Mart!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:42 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,202,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayguyfromdenver View Post
I have lived in several different areas of Mexico over the past 12-13 years. I lived about a year in Morelia, Michoacan. I also lived about a year in Guadalajara, Jalisco. Not in Chapala, but right in the city of Guadalajara. Right on Rio Rin if you don't believe me and need further proof. I also lived in Mexico City for about 4 months. The area in Mexico City was Villa Coapa. I had a wonderful experience in all 3 areas. In Morelia and Guadalajara, I took the bus everywhere. I would also spend hours walking in both.

All the areas that I lived in were actually quite pleasant. I never felt unsafe/not welcomed. In fact, in my experience, the majority of people in Mexico are extremely hospitable and friendly. I did not live in wealthy areas. They could probably be best described as lower-middle class.

For the many people who become so enraged over this topic, you're about 30 years too late. Accept that fact and move on with your life. If you don't believe me, go visit any of the major cities on either the east or west coast. You can also throw in Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, etc. And as many others stated, not every person you see who appears Hispanic is "Mexican". Get a grip on reality. There are also many Phillipinos, Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, Peruvians, etc. living here in the U.S.

One last thing, the people who scream over illegal immigration are probably the same people who buy tons of cheap, foreign-made crap at Wal-Mart!

I would rather it be made by --foreigners-- living in other countries than by illegals living here !

Old 09-15-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I would rather it be made by --foreigners-- living in other countries than by illegals living here !
Yep, at least the Malaysians aren't breaking the law while they make our stuff, illegals, by definition, are.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:30 PM

176 posts, read 420,528 times
I cant believe anybody actually thinks that illegals are cheep labor.The more we pay for them on welfare and all the other problems with them.The more they are costing all of us.A big reason so many state budgets are bankrupt are illegals.
If all illegal were gone and every one was making a respectable wage,paying taxes,and not paying for illegals welfare and whatever.The taxing of respectable legal people would far more realistic which in return would be better for legit business as well.
So really in short anyone who thinks illegals are cheep labor are dumd a**es

Old 09-15-2009, 09:12 PM

33 posts, read 62,604 times
They are certainly not cheap...there is no telling how much we waste on free healthcare for them. Anyone who is ok with them and them being here is dumb. We don't speak from only a racial view, but from a view that wants to live free in a great and peaceful country. Not a 3rd world crap hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky