Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:22 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
Well, I have to say that it's my opinion that your response says a lot more about you than it does the rest of us! I cannot fathom someone who thinks they are so without (legal) sin and I'd be interested to hear someone else make the same claim, much less most of us claiming that.

In any case, I salute you for being a far better person than the rest of us mere mortals.

You used the criteria--" jail time"----and "loss of drivers license"

I doubt most posters ( except you) would say they were guilty of crimes serious enough to warrant jail time or loss of drivers license.

For you to think committing crimes that serious is normal, tells me a lot about you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,791,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
You used the criteria--" jail time"----and "loss of drivers license"

I doubt most posters ( except you) would say they were guilty of crimes serious enough to warrant jail time or loss of drivers license.
Even using that strong criteria, I will still disagree with you. If you have driven 10 miles over the limit three times in the past year, you should have your driver's license revoked. Are you saying you've never done that three times in one year since you were 16? (Not gotten caught doing it, just doing it.)

Driving with impaired is loss of license and possible jail time even for the first offense. Are you saying that you've never once driven even 0.01 over the legal limit?

Not reporting income on your tax return is a federal felony. A second offense carries mandatory jail time. Are you saying that there haven't been two times in your entire life where you haven't reported every single dollar of income?

Threatening someone is a Class A misdemeanor in Kentucky, punishable by up to one year in jail. Are you saying you've never gotten so upset that you've threatened to punch someone? Not actually punched them -- just threatened to. And again, these are just examples that pop into my head. There are literally dozens upon dozens of others.

I think most posters who are being honest with themselves would admit that at some time in their life, they were guilty of crimes serious enough to warrant jail time or loss of drivers license if the laws were strictly and ruthlessly enforced. If they say that they haven't, then again, all I can say is that I tip my hat to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
For you to think committing crimes that serious is normal, tells me a lot about you .
And for you to say you've never committed any crime (or traffic offense) during your entire life that someone would deem serious tells me a lot about you. Because to me, it seems like you are either claiming to be a perfect human being or you are someone who is deluding himself. In any case, I'm not claiming it's OK to have made a serious mistake -- I'm just claiming it's human.

Trust me, I am perfectly content to make this the central argument because I doubt anyone else is going to claim what you are claiming if they really thought about it, much less most of the people here claiming that.

Last edited by Off Topic; 10-16-2009 at 11:04 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 12:10 PM

58 posts, read 140,661 times
It is so obvious which posters are the voice of reason and intelligence in this thread and which posters are just angry and reactive persons. It's like reading an argument between a mature adult and an angry child. I find it amusing but rather disturbing...how do these people actually function in the adult world?

Offtopic - Kudos to you for maintaining a civilized debate regardless of the personal attacks and ridiculous responses to your intelligent posts.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,791,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokygirl View Post
Offtopic - Kudos to you for maintaining a civilized debate regardless of the personal attacks and ridiculous responses to your intelligent posts.
Thank you for the nice compliment! I try and keep my temper and not threaten people since that would be ILLEGAL!

Old 10-16-2009, 12:17 PM

58 posts, read 140,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
Thank you for the nice compliment! I try and keep my temper and not threaten people since that would be ILLEGAL!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:01 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Making accusations that everyone has done things that warrant--jail time or loss of drivers license-- is not being very civil .

Surprised nokygirl doesn't consider that accusation as unintelligent.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:20 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by standards? View Post
animals??? they are human beings just like me and you. see people with your attitude is why ky always gets a bad rap.
Where in that post did I say animals?

I think you have me confused with someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky