Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:13 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,086,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie40829 View Post
serate i have NEVER heard anyone in kentucky speak like that. Was that at a comprehensive care center you were asking for directions? you people are flippin hillarious that move from other states to Kentucky and then embelish our accents or ways of life. weirdos.
You are not from kentucky, you are from Michigan.

From another thread you posted:

"lol... I may call it pop because I am from Michigan origionally.....But alot of the locals call it pop around here too."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Nope we ate at Reno's and asked the manager for directions to Auxier.

I wasn't embelishing anything. I was trying to show how the manager drew out "right" and "light" into 2 syllables. And how he didn't use the long "i" sound. Which is how the manager pronounced the words. Which my Pops does, who lives in the area. I love Kentucky. Tho you are the first to have ever called me a weirdo. Maybe if I ran into more like you I wouldn't like Kentucky as much. But the good overrides you so we'll be back as soon as we can, and as soon as we can move back we'll be back to stay.
This person is not from Kentucky so he is not a Representative.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:32 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
This person is not from Kentucky so he is not a Representative.
Thanks. I appreciate you letting me know this.

But even if he was? He wouldn't ruin my opinion of Kentucky and my desire to spend the rest of my life there.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM

200 posts, read 807,130 times
missy you are a very arrogant lady...... for your information lady I lived in Kentucky for almost 10 years and plan on moving back there in a couple of months if things work out.... Dont go tellin me my opinion doesnt count. You really need to stop being such a dbag on this forum. Have a nice day

Old 03-19-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate you letting me know this.

But even if he was? He wouldn't ruin my opinion of Kentucky and my desire to spend the rest of my life there.
I'm glad

Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
missy you are a very arrogant lady...... for your information lady I lived in Kentucky for almost 10 years and plan on moving back there in a couple of months if things work out.... Dont go tellin me my opinion doesnt count. You really need to stop being such a dbag on this forum. Have a nice day
You come on here posting things like you are from here. 10 years doesn't make you from here. You don't have "our" accent nor do you have "our" lifestyle. Have a nice day, bless your heart.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,381 times
Quote:
But it's ok for you to call me flippin hilarious and a weirdo? Oh wait. You called me flipping HILLARIOUS.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
But it's ok for you to call me flippin hilarious and a weirdo? Oh wait. You called me flipping HILLARIOUS.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 PM

200 posts, read 807,130 times
LOLOL get a life. you have been on here for years trying to convience people that your views on kentucky culture are the right ones. well guess what Missy... you might, just might be wrong You dont know me, You dont know my lifestyle and you dont know how I speak. So dont go tellin me who I am.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
LOLOL get a life. you have been on here for years trying to convience people that your views on kentucky culture are the right ones. well guess what Missy... you might, just might be wrong You dont know me, You dont know my lifestyle and you dont know how I speak. So dont go tellin me who I am.
I am done with you. Have a great day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky