Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:21 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,897,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Kentucky is a great example of "Naive Land". As if problems don't exist. Combined with the low self-esteem, Kentuckians have a hard time to face up to any shortcomings. The result is that, instead of dealing with problems, the Kentuckian's fur bristles, but nothing is solved. Maybe they're waiting (and praying) for Jesus to fix problems.
And you are doing ??? to fix the problems? Hell, in your post above it says that you, what again, oh yeah you said, "I have no intention to clean up the neighborhood."

Once again, you show your true self. A total whiner who loves to complain, but won't do anything about the situation to make it better. You could always pack up your car and leave, but something tells me that you would be miserable in the middle of Beverly Hills in a multi-million dollar home with $50 million in the bank. You are just a miserable human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:31 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,168 times
Quote:
I live in a redneck, blue collar part of Louisville. Many homes around here have trash on the unkept lawns. Sometimes old pieces of furniture lay around on the roadside for weeks. Plastic bottles and shopping bags, cans, and boxes are a common sight. It's the neighborhood. I have no intention to clean up the neighborhood.
I've driven around Kentucky and occasionally pulled off the road for a break. In some spots I've found piles of garbage; old tires, appliances, sofas, and various other items. Several years ago I worked a third shift security position at Walmart on Bardstown Road in Louisville. About 1 am, most cars were gone and the whole parking lot looked like a garbage dump. Plastic bottles, beer cans, papers, used diapers, and boxes everywhere.
1) Open your wallet and move to a nicer neighborhood.

I have lived in very mixed complexes and neighborhoods.

I got annoyed with some of the people around me & found them to be trashy but my expectations were pretty low given the low rent I paid during my time there. I didn't cry too much as I bank paycheck after paycheck.

So stop b!!ching and move or change your "champagne taste on a beer budget" attitude.

2) Again, how realistic are your expectations of a Walmart parking lot? Are you kidding me? That's hilarious.

3) I have found trash in people's yards too. Not hard to find when you cruise through low income areas and rural poverty in _______ (<--- insert any state there)

Old 03-30-2011, 01:33 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
And you are doing ??? to fix the problems? Hell, in your post above it says that you, what again, oh yeah you said, "I have no intention to clean up the neighborhood."

Once again, you show your true self. A total whiner who loves to complain, but won't do anything about the situation to make it better. You could always pack up your car and leave, but something tells me that you would be miserable in the middle of Beverly Hills in a multi-million dollar home with $50 million in the bank. You are just a miserable human being.
No, I don't have the intention to clean up the neighborhood. I don't see any reason to do something that others can just as easily.
Your second paragraph is typical Kentucky: we ain't gonna change, we like to be grubby, ignorant, backward hicks. If y'all don like it, jess git in yore car and git outta here.
Hence, the reason for Kentucky's negative image.
I'm a wonderful human being, I pet dogs and whistle while I work.
I would have a hard time leaving, in my conscience I would feel a bit guilty knowing that you will miss me.

Last edited by Visvaldis; 03-30-2011 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Affection!

Old 03-30-2011, 02:15 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
V., you certainly are reading Kentuckydad95's post through jaundiced colored glasses. The words you attempt to put in his mouth are not even hinted at by his original post on this topic, but apparently are figments of your imagination. Or perhaps your delusion.

Talk about prejudice...

You seem to like to complain. It appears that complaining gives you a feeling of superiority over others, particularly Kentuckians. Whereas real superiority of character includes not only seeing problems but doing something constructive about them. It's called contributing to society.

Not cleaning up your messy neighborhood because you refuse "to do something others can (do) just as easily" is hardly indicative of your superiority, in fact, your attitude strikes me as demonstrating just the opposite characteristic.

Your attitude smacks of laziness, laissez-faire-ism, selfishness, self-centeredness, condescension, entitlement, and a desperate effort to convince yourself that you are better than others and thus too good for such menial tasks as cleaning up others' messes. No, it's far easier to just complain. And complain, and complain, and complain. It gets tiresome to read all your complaints. Could it be a self-esteem issue of yours?? Why yes, I do believe it could...

Let me clue you in: a LOT of life is spent on cleaning up others' messes. This is especially true of lives well-spent. How are you going to spend the rest of yours?

Old 03-30-2011, 02:30 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
V., you certainly are reading Kentuckydad95's post through jaundiced colored glasses. The words you attempt to put in his mouth are not even hinted at by his original post on this topic, but apparently are figments of your imagination. Or perhaps your delusion.

Talk about prejudice...

You seem to like to complain. It appears that complaining gives you a feeling of superiority over others, particularly Kentuckians. Whereas real superiority of character includes not only seeing problems but doing something constructive about them. It's called contributing to society.

Not cleaning up your messy neighborhood because you refuse "to do something others can (do) just as easily" is hardly indicative of your superiority, in fact, your attitude strikes me as demonstrating just the opposite characteristic.

Your attitude smacks of laziness, laissez-faire-ism, selfishness, self-centeredness, condescension, entitlement, and a desperate effort to convince yourself that you are better than others and thus too good for such menial tasks as cleaning up others' messes. No, it's far easier to just complain. And complain, and complain, and complain. It gets tiresome to read all your complaints. Could it be a self-esteem issue of yours?? Why yes, I do believe it could...

Let me clue you in: a LOT of life is spent on cleaning up others' messes. This is especially true of lives well-spent. How are you going to spend the rest of yours?
Thanks for your response, Craig!
Let's see if I gots dis striat...if I don go out 'n clin up the nayborhood means I feel superior? Are you kidding?
Could you please tell me how often anyone on this thread has cleaned up their neighborhood litter for others?
But it sure don matter much to me. I gots 24 more months in Kintucky. Don't misunderstand me. I don't like litter. Ah keeps my area clean. But I know y'all good folks love it, so enjoy yourselves. As a madder of fac, dump all yore trash anywhere y'all's please. Have contests, see who can produce the most trash.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:32 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,722 times
Lightbulb I Have The Phone Numbers...

Quote:
No, I don't have the intention to clean up the neighborhood. I don't see any reason to do something that others can just as easily.
Your second paragraph is typical Kentucky: we ain't gonna change, we like to be grubby, ignorant, backward hicks. If y'all don like it, jess git in yore car and git outta here.
Hence, the reason for Kentucky's negative image.
I'm a wonderful human being, I pet dogs and whistle while I work.
I would have a hard time leaving, in my conscience I would feel a bit guilty knowing that you will miss me.
Of several good chiropractors, who would be more than willing to help you with the back problems you have from your nose being in the air 24/7...

And secondly, who are you and what part of Mt Olympus do you live on, that you can make such an offhanded, snarky, and totally bull**** generalization of Kentucky and Kentuckians? Typical Kentucky, my Ohio a**...

I get sick nigh unto death reading posts like this, from someone who has his mind made up that Kentuckians are like the wad of gum sticking to the bottom of his shoe...

I have more than a few Kentuckians living in my neighborhood, and I can tell you that they are among some of the most salt-of-the-earth, humble, just plain good and decent folk you'd ever want to meet...but no, you wouldn't take the time to try and meet folks like that...you're apparently too busy dispensing (lack of) wisodm about how you're not gonna help clean up your neighborhood, and that it's someone else's problem, blah blah blah...

So, I'm going to say what kentuckydad95 might have been a tad too polite and respectful to say---by the way, all Kentuckians DON'T act and talk like your badly-misspelled attempt at snobby humor, just so you know...

If they (Kentuckians) like things the way they are, and don't want to change, just to accomodate folks like you, then tough tuna---either learn to adapt, and actually get to know the folks around you, instead of busting attitude in a chat forum, or more simply---relocate...

Contrary to what you might believe, there are about a million Kentuckians who don't give a flying fig about you smiling, petting dogs, or whistling while you work, nor how supposedly wonderful you are...they also don't care about your perception of their 'image', and trust me, it wouldn't be any skin off their collective noses if you and your tone of condescencion just up and left

Old 03-30-2011, 03:07 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,897,543 times
24 more months? Then where are you going to move to, might I ask? Are the litter-free?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:20 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Well I didn't say Kentucky was the only backwards place.

I read in the paper the other day that Kentucky ranks as the 48th state in income. That's backwards, hell, that pretty much defines backwards.
No it doesn't.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:53 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
For the record, I clean up my rural Kentucky property and the adjoining roadside every time I find litter. I do the same for my city property.

VisValdis, it should be obvious than no one posting in this thread abuses the English language in the manner you (poorly) depict.

And - why subject yourself to two years of living in a place you obviously despise? Surely you can find Wal-Mart level employment somewhere more suited to your taste than Kentucky.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,792 times
Quote:
Thanks for your response, Craig!
Let's see if I gots dis striat...if I don go out 'n clin up the nayborhood means I feel superior? Are you kidding?
Could you please tell me how often anyone on this thread has cleaned up their neighborhood litter for others?
But it sure don matter much to me. I gots 24 more months in Kintucky. Don't misunderstand me. I don't like litter. Ah keeps my area clean. But I know y'all good folks love it, so enjoy yourselves. As a madder of fac, dump all yore trash anywhere y'all's please. Have contests, see who can produce the most trash.
Well......clearly you feel superior, otherwise you'd not be saying the things you're saying.

How did you end up in such a situation in the first place? Why wait out another 24 months? Just move, if the area you're in is too distasteful for you. Apparently, you're much better than they are, so why stay there? Why not go back to where ever it is you're from, since Louisville/Kentucky is so beneath you?

I mean, you make it sound like all of Louisville, no, all of Kentucky is just nothing but a bunch of trashy, inbred hicks, who haven't got the commen sense or decency to have a bath, much less pick up their own trash.

Now I know there are areas in Louisville that could do with a good strong does of pride--disgusts me to see the way people litter, and don't keep up their property; you don't have to be a millionaire to have some pride--but I also know more areas that are clean and tidy where people are immensely house proud.

I'm sorry, but generalising an entire state based on your experience with one neighbourhood that you choose to live in (probably, not sure of why you're living where you are...) is not exactly rational.

Consider this: you are of the opinion 'why should I try to clean up; that's for everyone else to do'.
Have you ever thought that your neighbours are of the same opinion, and that you are all no better or worse than each other? Just because you live in a neighbourhood that clearly has no pride in itself doesn't mean that you have to follow that line of thinking. Perhaps if you made an effort, others in the neighbourhood would too. Likely not, but hey--you never know.

Just don't lampoon everyone else in the city and state because you live in a white trash zone. Nothing is keeping you there but you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky