Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 11:47 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
The food I have eaten in family restaurants in Kentucky was not that great. If you want real great tasting food.....travel to Bogota Colombia and try their restaurants. They are AWESOME !!!!!!!
That is pretty random.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 11:51 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Even for those Kentuckians who come back, I bet if you'd asked them if they were glad that they left they'd say that they were.
I bet that is a very true statement. Kentucky has wonderful areas, but I am so glad I didn't stay after college. There are much bigger opportunities out there. I cannot imagine having grown up there and never left, what a small view of the world. Traveling helps, but living somewhere else really opens your eyes. Even if I go back one day, I will never have regretted leaving home.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:12 AM

108 posts, read 452,251 times
I'm glad I moved away and glad I came back. If I never moved away, I'd probably have spent the rest of my life wondering what if...

Moving out of state was the right decision when I was younger, and moving back to Kentucky is the right decision now that I'm married and raising kids. I think the right place for a person to live depends a lot on the stage of life they're in.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:12 PM

257 posts, read 881,121 times
gross! i'm from louisville and currently attend the university of oklahoma. i've traveled to texas, dallas specifically, numerous times. dallas and houston are very similar. i HATE texas. texans (the ones i've met), seem to very snobby and conceited. houston is also a sprawling mess! and it's only getting worse. i cannot wait to return to kentucky after graduate school.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:36 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw87a View Post
gross! i'm from louisville and currently attend the university of oklahoma. i've traveled to texas, dallas specifically, numerous times. dallas and houston are very similar. i HATE texas. texans (the ones i've met), seem to very snobby and conceited. houston is also a sprawling mess! and it's only getting worse. i cannot wait to return to kentucky after graduate school.
Well, I'm glad you specified Dallas. That place is a hole. If you even just go 12 miles west to Arlington or 25 miles west to Ft. Worth, you'll find a WHOLE different world--the Texas I really like that is clean and friendly.

Oklahoma isn't a state that really interests me except to visit.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:47 PM

257 posts, read 881,121 times
In my opinion, Houston is just as bad. Everyone in the suburbs is so confined and stuck behind their privacy-fenced yards, that I don't see how they are so friendly. At least the ones I've met are not. And sitting in that horrible rush hour traffic in that stifling humidity! AHHH! Sorry, I guess I'm ranting a little.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:29 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
I gave Chicago a try and it will be very, very hard for me to live any other place. If you want a REAL urban city with great culture, restaurants, diversity, and nightlife....Chicago is your city. You can literally explore that city for years.

The cost of living is relatively affordable as well.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 AM

9 posts, read 25,018 times
I grew up in Kentucky and got an advanced degree in a relatively obscure scientific field, and eventually had to leave to find a good job. I left 20 years ago and have been trying to figure out how to get back ever since. I miss the people and the beautiful land.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:17 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I gave Chicago a try and it will be very, very hard for me to live any other place. If you want a REAL urban city with great culture, restaurants, diversity, and nightlife....Chicago is your city. You can literally explore that city for years.

The cost of living is relatively affordable as well.
Sure, but it gets so daggone cold in Chicago. But, at least the weather is more consistent during the seasons than it is here in Kentucky.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:51 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
Sure, but it gets so daggone cold in Chicago. But, at least the weather is more consistent during the seasons than it is here in Kentucky.

Yea but the stuff to do more than makes up for it. The cool thing about that city is that even after a day of snow people still are out at night for events, plays, bars, etc.

Plus the summer more than makes up for the winter

But yea, when a lake and river freeze you know its cold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky