Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM

64 posts, read 261,706 times

Advertisements

A Californian moving to CDA to open a Tattoo shop. Classic. Based on what I saw in CDA last weekend, you'll fit in very nicely. Like I said.....Paradise Destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM

7,387 posts, read 12,695,548 times
We have our very own uncle! Uncle Grump!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM

64 posts, read 261,706 times
Tattoo shops, check cashing stores and pawn shops look to be booming in CDA.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 AM

102 posts, read 338,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
We have our very own uncle! Uncle Grump!
LOL There is one in every group!

Unclebigs- they wouldn't do so well if people didn't like them so much. And just so you know, CdA opened it's first tattoo shop in the 70s by a native..and a majority of the shops there are owned and operated by natives...do your research before you blame us Californians.

...can't argue with ignorance. Enjoy your beer, alone, at moontime uncle bigs. Hope you can find something in this world that makes you happy- best of luck to you.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,848,884 times
Say, did anyone else notice a lot more God-fearin' decent mainstream average folks getting tattoos these days? Yup...me too...

Old 04-21-2010, 09:19 AM

445 posts, read 1,330,020 times
At 72 years of age, I’ve decided against a tattoo….liver spots are enough body ornamentation for me. However, my bad hearing have made me more appreciative of loud music and, when I drive, my bad eyesight have made me less upset with heavy traffic and bad drivers. Heck, I can’t even see California license plates very well, mostly because I don’t care….I smile and wave at everybody!

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 04-21-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Say, did anyone else notice a lot more God-fearin' decent mainstream average folks getting tattoos these days? Yup...me too...

Thank you Sage! I appreciate that!!

I have met some of the best people I have ever met in our shop...some of the most down to earth, friendly, unjudgmental- just all around great people! It is one of the great things about the business I am in. People come in excited, and leave even more excited. And when it is a truely meaningful piece they are getting, it is such a special experience to be a part of!

Pimit2 (Bob)- Your post had me cracking up! haha. Believe it or not, my husband has actually had a few women in his shop getting their first tattoos in their 70s. I love your positive attitude!!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,881,731 times
Yep-the tattoo stigma from years past seems to be gone. All kinds of people have them now.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM

15 posts, read 25,899 times
kstorts,

My husband and I are having almost the same life as you....only about 1 year behind. LOL

We discovered Northern Idaho about a year ago, and since then, I have been researching like crazy. We, too, want to rent for the first year. How hard was it to find a rental home for you, or did you find a condo? Did you ever look into Post Falls?

We're moving from Alabama, so I'm a little nervous about moving so far away. If it didn't work out (as if it wouldn't!), it would be such a hassle to move back across the country. Please, any info you've collected, I would greatly appreciate.

Good luck on your move!!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM

Hi Rowecrow =)

It wasn't hard at all to find a rental, the place we went with (resort property management) got both good and bad reviews. I hear they are bad when it comes to repairs, they are also the most popular rental agency in the area and had quite a few listings. They do not rent site unseen though-so having someone check out the property for you is a must if you go through them. One of the people I met from up there went out and checked out a few places for me which made it so much easier. Do you plan to come out and look at places and whatnot before actually moving? We are doing the move completely blind- we've never been there before. Seems crazy, i know...but I am not worried.
(We ended up renting a duplex btw- we were going to go with a condo, but it wasn't available soon enough for us- and we figured for a year we could manage anywhere, we adapt pretty easily).
We did look into Post Falls as well. It is cheaper than CdA and less touristy (locas, please correct me if I am wrong, this is just what I have gathered in my research). Post Falls has everything you would need in terms of shopping for the most part- no mall, CdA has the mall if that it important to you, but it is a small one). We wanted to keep the business and the house close to eathother in the beginning, once we get up there we will have a better idea of where we want to live. I have heard several great things about Post Falls and have been told it is an excellent area with great schools.

I hear ya about moving far from home. It is scary, and exciting. We have a pocket of money set aside in case things don't work out- that way if we absolutely have to come home, we can. That eliminates a lot of worry right there.

Just keep in mind something I have been reminding myself through this whole process....the only way to fail is to not try. We learn through experiences we have, and how much would it suck to be sitting in Alabama 30 years down the road wondering what your life could have been if only you hadn't lived in fear of change??

...Life is an adventure and we only get one shot! (unless you believe in reincarnation )

Thanks Rowecrow fo the luck...we will be heading up there in like 6 days!!! Hard to believe it is here already!!!

I need to find the best route to get up there now...my family is stressing over the road conditions and are afraid i will hit snow on the way....I guess I should research that so I know what to expect!

Keim- The stigma is definitely shrinking...still there a bit depending on how many you have and the generation you are in. My grandparents (whom are New Yorkers) seem to think that anyone that has them are gangbangers.. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho