Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:04 PM

118 posts, read 285,040 times

Advertisements

I'm 20 minutes from the closest town of about 2500 in Vermont and I assure you it doesn't make living there any better. When the whole state is run by the Marxist Left it doesn't much matter ow far out in the woods you go. Of course, I understand you can go a LOT farther out in ID than VT which might make all the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang! View Post
I'm 20 minutes from the closest town of about 2500 in Vermont and I assure you it doesn't make living there any better. When the whole state is run by the Marxist Left it doesn't much matter ow far out in the woods you go. Of course, I understand you can go a LOT farther out in ID than VT which might make all the difference.
NH still has much more control about local spending issues compared to most places. You can still choose a town based on its total taxation levels (primarily property taxes) that fit the personal budget. I have seen on this thread that people are questioning whether NH is a good place to retire?
It is a GREAT place to retire if you are fairly well off. My parents retired to NH and saved for years by living in a low cost area (Kansas City) that they did not care for very much. It seems like every third person in the Lakes Region of NH is a retiree and property taxes will still be fairly reasonable as long as wealthy elites pay extraordinarily high prices for properties along the lake, and line the town coffers with plenty of tax dollars.

Example: I did see a property come up for sale in Alton (Lakes Region). The listing is a expensive in this market (299K), but property taxes are around $2700 with a solid 27 acres of land. Other areas of the country have much worse property taxation than this.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 PM

177 posts, read 266,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang! View Post

I've spent much time in Idaho. Yes, it's very purdy and nice and all - I still prefer my Southern States. After watching my kin fight with the local D.A over a naughty word ( that currently reside) in Idaho - I'm staying in Dixie

I'm in complete agreement with your politics! Texas is talking secession from this Marxist empire and we may meet in the lone star State.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 AM

10 posts, read 32,462 times
I like the way you Idahoans think. I do believe I'd like it up there.

Now if only I could get my wife to agree to move to the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho