Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:53 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are they not wanting to tell us these are Christians? Seems we would know these were Christians being brought in......I haven't heard this. Would like to know who and how they found these people????

Wonder why some in government feel we can go in a cause war, then tear the people from their own culture.
Syria is not a war we caused. It is completely a civil war. We tore no one away from their own culture; they fled for fear of their lives. That's what always happens in any war.

In fact, Syria, to the best of my knowledge, is the only recent civil war in the Middle East that has had no U.S. involvement at all in it. That was a smart move on our part, too. Bashar Al-Assad is no Saddam Hussein.
Assad is a lot younger, smarter, better educated, more wordily, and controls a much more powerful and larger nation than Saddam ever was, or his nation Iraq ever was or will be. In size and regional importance, Syria is second only to Iran. And only Iran is more ancient in its civilization.

It is now a 3-way fight there; if Assad loses, the war's intensity could just as easily increase as wane. All the outside groups that went into Iraq found little of value for them, but that's not the case with Syria. With Assad gone, it could easily become a 5-way fight, with Jordan and Israel getting into it. Don't expect the number of refugees to taper off- the flood hasn't even reached it's peak yet.

Just be glad you aren't living in Greece, Italy, Portugal, Turkey, Spain or Malta. All are having a hard time just keeping thousands of fleeing humans from drowning in the Mediterranean Sea right now.

I don't know if the Syrians who arrived here are Christian or not- I just pointed out the possibility they could be Christians, or at least some of them. If you really want more answers, I think contacting the city clerk's office in Twin Falls could lead to someone who can provide them- I haven't read any more news about them than you have.

Regardless- I think Idahoans are good people. We do things for the right reasons. And I'm not worried 13 families, all with little kids, will learn how to fit in just fine here given some time. We are brave enough not to fear a few outsiders, aren't we?

As a kid, I knew several German families who were refugees who all became upstanding Idahoans, and I knew several ladies who came as war brides. I also knew a Japanese guy who took a trip back to Japan with his family to see his folks after he was shot at by former neighbors of his there a couple of years earlier.
Different day, same deal, as far as I see it.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:40 AM

227 posts, read 382,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

In fact, Syria, to the best of my knowledge, is the only recent civil war in the Middle East that has had no U.S. involvement at all in it.
You really believe this???

Old 05-07-2015, 03:29 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
Like i said… to the best of my knowledge. If you know something different, just state it. For sure, I don't know everything there is to know.

If you just suspect something different, that's OK. I don't have much suspicion in me unless I know of a reason to be suspicious.

Any way it shakes out, I am not going to worry about 13 families, no matter where they came from. I can worry for them, though… there are lots of places all around Twin where wandering innocents can get plenty lost in country that's not fit for snattlerakes.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:10 PM

42 posts, read 97,242 times
For another perspective....do a search for
Ann Corcoran on Refugee Resettlement youtube

Old 05-09-2015, 08:48 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,315,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Like i said… to the best of my knowledge. If you know something different, just state it. For sure, I don't know everything there is to know.

If you just suspect something different, that's OK. I don't have much suspicion in me unless I know of a reason to be suspicious.

Any way it shakes out, I am not going to worry about 13 families, no matter where they came from. I can worry for them, though… there are lots of places all around Twin where wandering innocents can get plenty lost in country that's not fit for snattlerakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
Syria: The story of the conflict - BBC News

Top Ten Reasons for the Uprising in Syria

Everything You Need to Know About the Syrian Civil War - ABC News

Peace and Conflict Monitor, Causes and catalysts of the civil war in Syria

Old 05-09-2015, 07:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSand View Post
For another perspective....do a search for
Ann Corcoran on Refugee Resettlement youtube
Interesting, thanks! As Americans sit in slumber.

She also says, "Most of the Syrian refugees in these refugee camps are Sunni Muslims; they're not Christians," said Corcoran.
Despite the large numbers, the U.S. has come under criticism from aid groups for its pace in taking in refugees from the Syrian war, which is by far the largest refugee crisis of recent years, reported Ann Corcoran of Refugee Resettlement Watch.
U.S. officials say the resettlement program has moved slowly because the United Nations refugee agency, which they look to for referrals, didn't begin making recommendations until late last year. And the United States takes 18 to 24 months on average to carefully vet each applicant to make sure he or she poses no security risk.
"There is no doubt the majority of Syrians to be admitted to the U.S. will be Muslims because it would be unlikely there would be a 'security risk' with the Christians," according to Corcoran.

Ann Corcoran | Refugee Resettlement Watch | ZoomInfo.com

Former Liberal: Obama's Immigration Plan Is A War On Workers | The Daily Caller
American-bound refugees are selected by the U.N. Then the State Department and the HHS Office of Refugee Resettlement, are tasked to operate with nine major federal contractors who monopolize the program and contract work to 300 subcontractors to place refugees throughout the nation.

Most won't listen to former liberal Ann Corcoran, who says she was “tea party” before the movement existed, has written a daily blog, as a volunteer activist, at Refugee Resettlement Watch for the last seven years to inform and engage citizens.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:56 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
[quote=banjomike;39515654]Syria is not a war we caused. It is completely a civil war. We tore no one away from their own culture; they fled for fear of their lives. That's what always happens in any war.

Some see the US being involved, which include, Hillary, guns, Ambassador Stevens, Benghazi.....all these tie to Egypt & Syria.

Sunnis are Muslim Brotherhood......we are giving some a free pass. All under the disguise of "single-women & children" If we don't have time to properly vet them, way are they being allowed in, this is what I don't get.

All the money and the lives of our own people and now we are bringing them here. How will our schools carry this overload of another culture that doesn't speak English?

Doesn't make sense, why are we in the ME.........

Old 05-09-2015, 08:14 PM

61 posts, read 80,648 times
RIP Safe and Peaceful Idaho, Minnesota was nice too before they brought these refugees.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:18 AM

275 posts, read 472,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureNorthender View Post
Speaking as an immigrant from Great Britain, I'd say it is because the situation in Northern Europe is considerably less dire and needing of refuge than it is in those other places.
Who else read this in their head with a British accent? Anyone? Bueller? *crickets chirp*

Old 05-10-2015, 12:23 AM

275 posts, read 472,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
IMMIGRANT= "a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country"

You use this argument quite a lot- doesn't mean it makes sense. Californians/Floridians/Hoosiers, etc, etc who decide to move to Idaho are not immigrants.
Except Texas.... "Texas, it's like a whole other country." Their words, not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho