Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 05:18 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
There's a good chance that many of the new refugees from Syria may be Christian's fleeing the war over there and fleeing ISIS.
Not what this pastor thinks......Hundreds of Muslim refugees headed to Idaho | Christian Patriots

My question why be selective and not bring all of the people here......all are in danger, why are we being selective? All the women and children are in danger......who is paying for all of this? Many kids here in Idaho can't get government assistance to go to college, but refugees can

Spokane also will be getting around 500-600 people.......this is happening all over. Doesn't make sense to create war in their countries, then displace them into the USA.....I am

Old 05-05-2015, 06:37 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,293,017 times
Refugees MUST be treated as individuals. They MUST assimilate into the US and understand our way of life, the American Enlightenment and what we cherish. If we are unwilling to receive them in this manner or create the conditions that lead to isolation and balkanized community, then we should admit our shortcomings and politely resettle them elsewhere.

The model decision node is that of parenthood. Just as young couples unwilling to make the sacrifices of their individual lives and life as a couple to embracing the raising of a child ought not have children, so too should a country unwilling to integrate refugees into American life ought not accept them.

Likewise, incoming refugees ought to focus on making the sacrifices to integrate into American culture and the American way of life. Those unwilling or unable to do so, ought not come.

Finally, I would like to see a return to sponsorship in immigration. My father came over this way, under the auspices of a guarantor.

S.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:07 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
I believe the Syrians in Twin Falls are sponsored, Sandpointian. I can't remember if the sponsors were a civic group or a church… the second, as I recall.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:52 AM

227 posts, read 382,718 times
Maybe they're putting them here to force diversity.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:05 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,907,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
And maybe because the state of Idaho is still blessed with water and most states around us are struggling with not having enough water.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:46 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,678,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Not what this pastor thinks......Hundreds of Muslim refugees headed to Idaho | Christian Patriots

My question why be selective and not bring all of the people here......all are in danger, why are we being selective? All the women and children are in danger......who is paying for all of this? Many kids here in Idaho can't get government assistance to go to college, but refugees can

Spokane also will be getting around 500-600 people.......this is happening all over. Doesn't make sense to create war in their countries, then displace them into the USA.....I am
It isn't only Spokane. In CA you do not even have to be legal to take a college seat away from a qualified American. And, don't even get me started about medical care....

I hope the voters will think before they vote next time and get involved with government to increase the election candidate pool.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Sad to think they don't even think of the people they're placing here. Idaho has no huge work force, our Universities are not out of the ordinary and it snows a lot in this state. Why place people who will not fit in due to demographics and will have a hard time advancing? Language and culture is just the beginning for the. The center where they're going says, "they're ready for them!" Has anyone thought or asked if these people are ready for Idaho, hardworking people have left here for warmer more advanced land.

One thing to come here, on ones own desires, another to come, after being forced out of their country from a war (the unspoken one) we were involved in........... I am still

Old 05-06-2015, 10:08 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,678,940 times
Not to be snarky,

well yea to be snarky....

If they don't like the climate....

Do they need help packing?

We do need to take care of our own kids first, which is why we pay our share of taxes.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:28 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
I'm sure that isn't the case. Idahoans have taken in refugees for as long as I can remember from areas of conflict all over the world. I've met quite a few of them, and even more of their children, over the years.

I know nothing of the Syrians, but for a fact, there are a lot of Syrian Christians; Syria was visited by the Apostle Paul, and one of the earliest Christian churches was founded by him there and never vanished over time. The Syrian Orthodox Christians are a lot like those in Egypt, Ethopia, and other places in the Middle East and N. Africa. All have ancient Christian faiths that are as old as Christianity itself.

ISIS is going after and killing these Christians just as much as the Shiir'a and other sects of Islam.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm sure that isn't the case. Idahoans have taken in refugees for as long as I can remember from areas of conflict all over the world. I've met quite a few of them, and even more of their children, over the years.

I know nothing of the Syrians, but for a fact, there are a lot of Syrian Christians; Syria was visited by the Apostle Paul, and one of the earliest Christian churches was founded by him there and never vanished over time. The Syrian Orthodox Christians are a lot like those in Egypt, Ethopia, and other places in the Middle East and N. Africa. All have ancient Christian faiths that are as old as Christianity itself.

ISIS is going after and killing these Christians just as much as the Shiir'a and other sects of Islam.
Are they not wanting to tell us these are Christians? Seems we would know these were Christians being brought in......I haven't heard this. Would like to know who and how they found these people????

Wonder why some in government feel we can go in a cause war, then tear the people from their own culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho