Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a moderated group.

Friends of Bill W.

Group Created by johnycakes

If you belong here, you don't have to ask.

View All Members Showing 10 of 33 Member(s)
Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
Chip
From McGowdog
Showing Social Group Messages 41 to 50 of 116
  1. McGowdog
    02-18-2009 04:38 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    I think you made it! Happy Birthday! Good job on the ammends.

How's steps 10 and 11 coming?
  2. cricket_factor
    02-15-2009 12:32 PM - permalink
    cricket_factor
    Well, I finished my second most hardest amend. I was nervous, but I psyched myself up and did it. I should have done it sooner, but I stewed in my own wrong hypotheticals,"This might happen, that might happen..."

I do feel more free now, and I haven't been thinking about the person much at all, not like I was since everything took place.

On Tuesday, if I haven't had a drink by then, I'll have three years sober.
  3. McGowdog
    02-03-2009 04:16 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    I've got a question about the 3rd and 4th edition Big Books; why is sex on page 69?
  4. McGowdog
    01-27-2009 03:55 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    Have a great day too!

Oh, how can you tell when an alcoholic's lying? His lips are moving! =) I love that one.

Oh, and why do they call it AA?

Because Liars, Cheats, and Thieves was taken!
  5. Mel in Henderson
    01-25-2009 09:29 AM - permalink
    Mel in Henderson
    I do my 12 steps every year, and knowing, us addicts and alcoholics, we have a tendancy to be a little dramatic, (smirking smirkng , laughing to self)

anyway, I remember the first time, I did the steps, and how I used fear, and embarassment as a good tool to not want to complete them......well, I say BS, there are no more excuses, if you are rationalizing, justifying, and minimizing, well, my friend, then maybe you are not ready to get sober, not pointing at one person, just making a statement, and with that, have a great day all, enjoy the weather,

EACH OF US ARE ANGELS, ^J^, WITH ONLY ONE WING,
    HELPING EACH OTHER TO FLY

XOXOXOXO
  6. McGowdog
    01-24-2009 08:45 AM - permalink
    McGowdog
    Way to go, Cricket! Does anybody out there think that staying sober may have something to do with making that tough ammend? Even that seemingly itty bitty ammend?

I hope that you were able to finish that last one and now you can get on with 10, 11, and 12.

I thought I was done with my ammends and I had a blowout with a guy at work. I got to make that ammend to him and his wife and half my family at a company "meeting". His wife works there too and was more affected by the incident than he was. That was like a 2 year old resentment set free. Now the hard part of the ammend; the living ammend.
  7. cricket_factor
    01-18-2009 12:26 PM - permalink
    cricket_factor
    I made one of my hardest amends last night to my ex-husband. It went better than I thought. He did not hang up on me. I was stunned. Then relieved later. My sponsor is so proud of me this morning. I'm still freaking out over doing it. It has taken me almost three years to do. But I had to get to this "place" in life to do it. Today, I feel sad and bittersweet and still amazed that I did it. He has moved on with his life. I will move on with mine. The closure is priceless in value. This program works if you hang around long enough. I wish I had gotten sober earlier, but I didn't. I have one more difficult amend to make. I hope everyone is having a good day today.
  8. McGowdog
    01-11-2009 03:18 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    Humor is good. Comfortable is something my meeting is not. Sometimes there's a lot of heat!

Just celebrated 5 years. It's an AA birthday! Longest time I've ever had and a testament that this Program works!
  9. Dusty Rhodes
    01-06-2009 03:06 PM - permalink
    Dusty Rhodes
    Well, my home group meets in Mebane on Tuesday night, that's tonight, am looking forward to it, it's nice to be surrounded by people I trust, and can laugh with, this meeting laughs a good bit, it is comfortable.
  10. McGowdog
    01-05-2009 04:54 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    Happy New Year all! Get well soon Dusty, Happy Birthday and welcome Jinxsay <3! You have YEARS of sobriety now! That's awesome. The first one is yours. The additional ones are AAs. That's what I heard anyway.

I got a meeting tonight and I'm chairing it. It's so good to see some activity in here for a change!